DavidOn3

How to join a vanilla server?

Hi everybody, i always played the normal Dayz Standalone and now i would like to try the Vanilla one.

How to join a vanilla server? Have i to download something?

I serached for a guide on the forum but can't find anything.

Thanks a lot

Vanilla means 'without mods'. The normal DayZ Standalone is vanilla.

1 minute ago, Max Planck said:

Vanilla means 'without mods'. The normal DayZ Standalone is vanilla.

Oh ok, so if i want to try some mods is it correct that the best way is to use the "DZSALauncher" that will automatically download mods when i join a server? Have you any advice on the best servers/mods to try? Thanks

6 minutes ago, DavidOn3 said:

Oh ok, so if i want to try some mods is it correct that the best way is to use the "DZSALauncher" that will automatically download mods when i join a server? Have you any advice on the best servers/mods to try? Thanks

That is indeed correct. And about the servers, it highly depends on your preference. There are servers which are PvP-oriented/only, servers with increased loot, servers with decreased loot (DayZ Underground), etc.

2 minutes ago, IMT said:

That is indeed correct. And about the servers, it highly depends on your preference. There are servers which are PvP-oriented/only, servers with increased loot, servers with decreased loot (DayZ Underground), etc.

Is there somewhere a list of the most popular mods and their description?

Just now, DavidOn3 said:

Is there somewhere a list of the most popular mods and their description?

Yes, you can use the Steam Workshop for that. Go to Browse -> Items -> Select either most popular (and time period total) or most subscribed.

1 minute ago, IMT said:

Yes, you can use the Steam Workshop for that. Go to Browse -> Items -> Select either most popular (and time period total) or most subscribed.

Thanks a lot guys