LnS247

Filter out locked servers and give precedence to popular, high pop servers.

Reposting this in proper sub-forum.

As most of you know, server operators were putting a space before their server name in order to get it near the top of the server list.

It went alphabetically, then numerically, then special characters, and a simple space before the name trumped all of those.

After a few days you saw lots of servers at the top with each one using more and more spaces in order to get higher on the list.

What made it silly was 99% of those servers were LOCKED and to make it even lamer, they were only 10 slot servers.

People do it to troll, sure.  But many were just selfish and ignorant.

BI should set the browser to default to show high pop servers that have consistent population.  Starting with the 100 slots and working downward.

If a player wants to browse locked servers, add it to the filter.

There should be an algorithm to give precedence to the most popular, highest population servers.

hint hint, play public vanilla servers - they’re already able to be sorted by highpops first, always have 60 slots max, and are a much better environment than private servers since there’s no mod tools available to console anyways.

11 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

hint hint, play public vanilla servers - they’re already able to be sorted by highpops first, always have 60 slots max, and are a much better environment than private servers since there’s no mod tools available to console anyways.

I always play on 8662 and theres been lots of chill people ive met on there

Dear devs,

The point of this thread went over the heads of those already replying.

And laugh out loud at "public servers better than private."

12 minutes ago, LnS247 said:

Dear devs,

The point of this thread went over the heads of those already replying.

And laugh out loud at "public servers better than private."

I guess it depends what you're looking for and on the community server you choose to play on. I mostly play on public because I like the random element to whom you may bump into. I also play on a private server which so far is friendly but I imagine could get dull quite quickly withoiy that random element. 

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I guess it depends what you're looking for and on the community server you choose to play on. I mostly play on public because I like the random element to whom you may bump into. I also play on a private server which so far is friendly but I imagine could get dull quite quickly withoiy that random element. 

You're misunderstanding the word "private".

There is no lock/password on my 100 player server.

Public maxes out at 60 players.

If anything, the 60 player server is dull compared to a high pop 100 player server.

All I'm saying in the OP is popular, high pop servers with consistent population should be displayed prominently.

1 hour ago, LnS247 said:

You're misunderstanding the word "private".

No, I am well versed in the English language. I'm merely saying that the majority of the community servers are private. There are a small handful of open community servers. I think it's good to have that mix. 

I don't think anyone was really suggesting either was better than the other. I think the point that wh1skey was making was that, currently, there is little difference between community and official servers because there are very few controls available to admins. That will obviously change with time. 

I'm curious, has your 100 slot server been full yet and if so, how did it run? 

11 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, I am well versed in the English language. I'm merely saying that the majority of the community servers are private. There are a small handful of open community servers. I think it's good to have that mix. 

I don't think anyone was really suggesting either was better than the other. I think the point that wh1skey was making was that, currently, there is little difference between community and official servers because there are very few controls available to admins. That will obviously change with time. 

I'm curious, has your 100 slot server been full yet and if so, how did it run? 

You inferred that I meant a locked server.

It runs fine.  But it's only full on weekends.

6 minutes ago, LnS247 said:

I wasn't inferring anything. I was just speaking about my own experiences and preferences. 

2 hours ago, LnS247 said:

What's the server name? I'll join on the weekends when its full

2 hours ago, AndrzejHook said:

What's the server name? I'll join on the weekends when its full

LOOTERz n SHOOTERz 24/7 

Hosted in NYC

Tell what like is my favourite severs at the top of the lists so I don’t have to scroll though 12 pages to get to it.