Ryan JG

Chest and Barrels

Just a quick one; is anyone else having issues getting items out of a chest of barrel once placed in?

I was trying to bury a stash and my shovel got stuck in the chest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan JG said:

Just a quick one; is anyone else having issues getting items out of a chest of barrel once placed in?

I was trying to bury a stash and my shovel got stuck in the chest.

I found someones barrel stash in an apartment up novo way and couldn't select items in it  so I just emptied the whole barrel in order to get the one item I wanted. 

• Like 1

Yeah tents seem to be the same had my AK stuck in the tent inventory and even logging out and back in wouldn’t work which it did with my barrel btw.

Didnt have a problem later probably after a sever reset. 

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I found someones barrel stash in an apartment up novo way and couldn't select items in it  so I just emptied the whole barrel in order to get the one item I wanted. 

Yes I had this same problem when i barrel , tad annoying 

Probably even more annoying for the guy I did it to. Normally I would have a nose around in someone's stash, maybe take something, maybe leave something. After five minutes of pricking about I just thought stuff it! 

• Like 1

You must have open all containers, then you can take the item that u want. 

Is only one container closed you cant choose the item you want because the cursor dont getting to the right or left it will only be up and down.

The same inventory bug from the preview but now with barrels.

Edit: One important info... dont exchange an item in your hand or inventory with an item in your storage... when u do this it will trigger the bug with items stucks in the storage... the other trigger is take an item with X to your inventory you cant see it sometimes but it is in your inventory.

I use only the method with holding the A button to manage my storage and inventory and have no inventory or storage bugs. Taking items with X from the ground works fine. 

Remember the most bugs have a reason and a Workaround. Somtimes its tricky to figure it but i find workarounds for the most bugs.

Edited by DuffMasterHomer
More info

Just like before, you have to expand all windows in barrel beforehand, to freely move thru inventory.

Same, barrel stashed and couldn't access the contents, this is the same for vehicles, if there are items in the trunk, some items would not be accessable, guess most "storage" items in the game are glitched 

6 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

Just like before, you have to expand all windows in barrel beforehand, to freely move thru inventory.

Yeah tried this also, doesn't work 😔

Last night I had that weird glitch again when looking through a barrel. When you move the cursor, the window contents jump up and down. So it let's you select any item but its confusing as hell! 

Had a weird inventory bug last night on a private server. I have a barrel stashed near a car I'm fixing up. I put some stiff in the boot. Went back to it later to get an axe out of the car and I couldn't take it out. It let me take shotty shells and a can of beans, but not the axe. It wouldn't even let me drag it into my empty hands. 

Anyway, logged back in this morning and it was working fine. 

On 8/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Had a weird inventory bug last night on a private server. I have a barrel stashed near a car I'm fixing up. I put some stiff in the boot. Went back to it later to get an axe out of the car and I couldn't take it out. It let me take shotty shells and a can of beans, but not the axe. It wouldn't even let me drag it into my empty hands. 

Anyway, logged back in this morning and it was working fine. 

the same thing happens with the trunk of a car. the error passes with a restart of the server