Derleth

Mod suggestion - Broken Bones

Moving this over from the suggestions subforum, in the hope of anyone familiar with modding taking the time to say if it is possible or not. It seems the devs are intent on making broken bones overly complicated (simulated skeleton with actual fractures etc), at least that's the only reason I can fathom that they're now saying they can't promise it will ever be back. So:

FAKE IT!

Basically, broken bones could be faked to a certain extent using existing systems in the live game:

• X amount of damage (in a single hit) to an arm - 50% increased time to do 2-handed actions and increased weapon sway. Effect can be cancelled temporarily with painkiller pills and heals with splint, morphine or over time, e.g. 10-15 minutes. 
  • Y amount of damage (in a single hit) to an arm - 100% increased time to do 2-handed actions and heavily increased weapon sway. Effect can be reduced temporarily (to the above effects) with painkiller pills, and only heals with splint or morphine.
  • X amount of damage (in a single hit) to a leg - induces yellow health limping effect. Effect can be cancelled temporarily with painkiller pills and heals with splint, morphine or over time, e.g. 10-15 minutes.
  • Y amount of damage (in a single hit) to a leg - induces red health limping effect. Effect can be reduced temporarily to (the above effects) with painkiller pills, and only heals with splint or morphine.
  • Both arms broken - unable to raise hands/weapon until at least one arm is splinted or healed.
  • Both legs broken - pass out and thereafter cannot leave prone position until at least one leg is splinted/healed.

Now, is the above (or something like it, these are just my ideas on how to do it) system something that is possible to do as a mod? I believe it would be a good placeholder until a more sophisticated system is developed (if ever).

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1