ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

1 hour ago, krazikilla said:

Thanks for the info Freerider. But it the talk you had with Geez was like 1,5 Years ago..?

You must have not fully read the conversation, there is date next to each message, the last one from Geez end being 6 months ago, stating that it is planned to be looked into this year. They may have already done so. They do not say what they currently work on for the most part. Of course looking into it this year does not mean, any changes can and will happen this year. Obviously they need to plan a good change and then execute it as well. Here's the last message from Geez for you again:

Mar 4 2019, 1:03 PM

Hello freerider3434.
It is indeed planned to be looked into this year.
Regards,
Geez

22 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

This does not mean that the ticket is old. If the ticket was created as "private", then its viewing is available only for the developer and the author, for reasons of confidentiality. For example, if I want to show a bug on a ticket that I don’t want to distribute for possible abuse, I will create a private ticket.

Yep

Can we expect this update to reach consoles this month ? Been pretty busy with Wreckfest, i even forgot about DayZ during those days.

• Beans 1

From my short look on here it looks like a lot of unhappy people.  Let's hope the devs are reading and can focus their efforts and get the next exp update seen in a positive light.  I have things I would like to see fixed and add to the game and it has all been mentioned on this thread so I don't need to add anything unless my support is needed.

• Beans 1

On 8/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, ImpulZ said:

Fixed: Tents could be damaged by projectiles or explosions

So, the ability to damage tents by shooting them was unintentional?

6 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

@ImpulZ where is a post about new patch?)

Like this https://forums.dayz.com/topic/245888-experimental-update-105/?do=findComment&comment=2445157

And, need some change about version in first post

(current version: 1.05.152376). 

GAME Update 1.05.152429 (10.09.2019)

More importantly why isn't it a separate post rather then merged and cramped into 1 post that had a bunch of updates and 15 pages of messages that are unrelated to the current exp update? 

• Beans 2

33 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

More importantly why isn't it a separate post rather then merged and cramped into 1 post that had a bunch of updates and 15 pages of messages that are unrelated to the current exp update? 

It's on the front page of this thread. Rather than clutter up the forums with a separate post for each update to the experimental branch, I guess they decided to do it this way.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, ImpulZ said:

GAME Update 1.05.152429 (10.09.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: Tents could be damaged by projectiles or explosions

@ImpulZ A couple of questions, I'm hoping you can answer them:

1. Why would tents not be damaged by projectiles or explosions? This makes no sense, as long as they do not despawn (if ruined) while there are still items inside. (Same should apply to crashed cars, do not let them despawn while there are items in the trunk.)
  2. I still get the error where magazines are broken and cannot be refilled after using "R" to change magazine. The error is temporary and fixed by relogging, but very annoying. The feedback ticket is acknowledged, so shouldn't it be listed as a known issue?
  3. Cars that jump around getting damaged and/or despawn at server restarts, this issue has been around for months now. Are you any closer to tracking it down?
  4. Car physics: Cars are still very sensitive to when players have poor internet connection, having just one nearby player with high ping can trigger Harry Potter episodes with dancing and flying cars, even though server performance is otherwise good. You touched on this subject in the livestream a few weeks back, is there any news? I have a very restrictive max ping on my server now due to this, shutting many players out.
  5. Where is the M3S truck? It was supposed to be in 1.0, even the parts were spawning, yet now we're in September 2019 and three other cars have been added in between. Is it the physics "bug" behind #4 above that makes it too unsafe?
Edited by Derleth

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

1. Why would tents not be damaged by projectiles or explosions? This makes no sense, as long as they do not despawn (if ruined) while there are still items inside. (Same should apply to crashed cars, do not let them despawn while there are items in the trunk.)
  2. I still get the error where magazines are broken and cannot be refilled after using "R" to change magazine. The error is temporary and fixed by relogging, but very annoying. The feedback ticket is acknowledged, so shouldn't it be listed as a known issue?
  3. Cars that jump around getting damaged and/or despawn at server restarts, this issue has been around for months now. Are you any closer to tracking it down?
  4. Car physics: Cars are still very sensitive to when players have poor internet connection, having just one nearby player with high ping can trigger Harry Potter episodes with dancing and flying cars, even though server performance is otherwise good. You touched on this subject in the livestream a few weeks back, is there any news? I have a very restrictive max ping on my server now due to this, shutting many players out.
  5. Where is the M3S truck? It was supposed to be in 1.0, even the parts were spawning, yet now we're in September 2019 and three other cars have been added in between. Is it the physics "bug" behind #4 above that makes it too unsafe?

M3S truck has 6 wheels and even double wheels too.. physics had to be made before for it or else it's gonna handle as a 4 wheel car

@Derleth 

Geez responded to #3 on the feedback tracker today. 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139497

Still no info. I don’t think they have a clue what the issue is.

Remember though, they solved the insane tuna bug (linked to nearby compasses), so I believe they’ll fix this, eventually...

Edited by ThePugman

16 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

@Derleth 

Geez responded to #3 on the feedback tracker today. 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139497

Still no info. I don’t think they have a clue what the issue is.

Remember though, they solved the insane tuna bug (linked to nearby compasses), so I believe they’ll fix this, eventually...

Yeah, those bizarre co-dependencies causing some bugs must be an utter nightmare to track down. Chaos Theory in its purest form! 😁

13 hours ago, Derleth said:

Good points. From which some of them are longstanding issues. Especially point 3 and 4 need to see improvement ASAP. If I could add something: please balance base raiding with the 1.06 patch. 

I did want to comment on point 1 though. Tents should either not be damaged by projectiles and explosions OR should not be despawned upon being ruined. It has to be either one of them and preferably the latter.
But right now I am very glad that tents cannot be destroyed anymore. It was just too easy to pop a few holes in it and have some poor sod lose all his stuff, including the tent. 

First time experiencing 1.05 on a lengthy session. Every update DayZ is feeling a little more polished, if the dev team keeps up this pace we could have a pretty solid game by 1.07 or 1.08.

Got some quality of life suggestions and survival/PvE tweaks for 1.06 hopefully

• Give infected an upwards attack or the ability to climb more objects that make sense for them to climb. No more standing on top of a car/dumpster/low wall and having a safe space.
  • Improve melee combat collision and positioning against infected. They gotta stop phasing through you and ripping your behind to shreds. Everytime you swing to attack your face shouldn't be going through their body.
  • Give them the ability to attack you while running?
  • Increase the awareness of infected to gunshots. Have a wider aggro radius where infected stumble towards the sound of a gunshot. We already have too few zombies, we gotta make the most of their low numbers.
  • Slightly increase infected visual detection. A little too easy to pass right by em crouch-sprinting.
  • Improve/optimize how zombies spawn in general. And honestly, anything to make zombies dangerous. Take away the easy way outs against them.
  • Reduce the sound of footsteps and doors being shut or give them noise indicators that can attract infected. Currently, you can slam a metal door shut right in front of infected without them batting an eye.
  • Placeholder sounds. Honestly, even placeholders would make a huge difference. A placeholder thud for blocking a melee attack would make melee feel less clunkier. Scratched/dry throat sounds for when dying of thirst.
  • Make animal AI more aware. Make hunting more of a challenge. If animals drop a shit ton of meat to keep you going for weeks might as well make them a little harder to obtain. Give animals a wider range of detection. A chicken should at least provide a good chase if you fuck up sneaking. Right now they're an easy way out of hunger if you have a knife.
  • Add lone wolf spawns in certain forests inland that aren't at the edges of the map. Increase the lethality of wolf attacks.
  • Improve the state of radios in the game. There shouldnt be much stopping survivors from using these. Hearing another person on the radio instantly gives me Rick and Morgan vibes early when TWD was good lol. Increase the broadcasting radius, reduce battery consumption and for the love of god reduce the static noise. They should be fairly common along the coastal areas. Make those huge field transceiver radios placeable and persistent for at least 7 days.
  • Less food in general. Survivors shouldn't be throwing away excess food/drinks. Stop the zombie buffets of food/drink, take it away completely from their loot table or make it pretty rare. A lot more rotten and dried fruit/forage.

Wish list:

• The ability for infected to break down certain doors that make sense. Imo the only thing that will truly make infected a threat. I don't know how B.I. wants to do it, just gotta make it happen. Either it's a timed animation that ends in a door-busting or giving certain small doors HP and being a target for infected attacks.
  • Any type of silent ranged weapon. If infected become more of a threat there needs to be a way of disposing of them quietly. Bow, Crossbow, ability to throw a hatchet/spear whichevers the easiest.

I feel like DayZ survival gameplay is close to being great, I wish the devs can make these happen. The 3 main threats in DayZ should be other survivors, hunger/dehydration and infected. Right now pretty sure 80% of deaths in DayZ are from PvP. PvE needs to catch up with PvP. Honestly, I couldn't care less for another vehicle or military weapons next patch. Just keep improving on survival, it's almost there.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 4

19 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

First time experiencing 1.05 on a lengthy session. Every update DayZ is feeling a little more polished, if the dev team keeps up this pace we could have a pretty solid game by 1.07 or 1.08.

Got some quality of life suggestions and survival/PvE tweaks for 1.06 hopefully

• Give infected an upwards attack or the ability to climb more objects that make sense for them to climb. No more standing on top of a car/dumpster/low wall and having a safe space.
  • Improve melee combat collision and positioning against infected. They gotta stop phasing through you and ripping your behind to shreds. Everytime you swing to attack your face shouldn't be going through their body.
  • Give them the ability to attack you while running?
  • Increase the awareness of infected to gunshots. Have a wider aggro radius where infected stumble towards the sound of a gunshot. We already have too few zombies, we gotta make the most of their low numbers.
  • Slightly increase infected visual detection. A little too easy to pass right by em crouch-sprinting.
  • Improve/optimize how zombies spawn in general. And honestly, anything to make zombies dangerous. Take away the easy way outs against them.
  • Reduce the sound of footsteps and doors being shut or give them noise indicators that can attract infected. Currently, you can slam a metal door shut right in front of infected without them batting an eye.
  • Placeholder sounds. Honestly, even placeholders would make a huge difference. A placeholder thud for blocking a melee attack would make melee feel less clunkier. Scratched/dry throat sounds for when dying of thirst.
  • Make animal AI more aware. Make hunting more of a challenge. If animals drop a shit ton of meat to keep you going for weeks might as well make them a little harder to obtain. Give animals a wider range of detection. A chicken should at least provide a good chase if you fuck up sneaking. Right now they're an easy way out of hunger if you have a knife.
  • Add lone wolf spawns in certain forests inland that aren't at the edges of the map. Increase the lethality of wolf attacks.
  • Improve the state of radios in the game. There shouldnt be much stopping survivors from using these. Hearing another person on the radio instantly gives me Rick and Morgan vibes early when TWD was good lol. Increase the broadcasting radius, reduce battery consumption and for the love of god reduce the static noise. They should be fairly common along the coastal areas. Make those huge field transceiver radios placeable and persistent for at least 7 days.
  • Less food in general. Survivors shouldn't be throwing away excess food/drinks. Stop the zombie buffets of food/drink, take it away completely from their loot table or make it pretty rare. A lot more rotten and dried fruit/forage.

Wish list:

• The ability for infected to break down certain doors that make sense. Imo the only thing that will truly make infected a threat. I don't know how B.I. wants to do it, just gotta make it happen. Either it's a timed animation that ends in a door-busting or giving certain small doors HP and being a target for infected attacks.
  • Any type of silent ranged weapon. If infected become more of a threat there needs to be a way of disposing of them quietly. Bow, Crossbow, ability to throw a hatchet/spear whichevers the easiest.

I feel like DayZ survival gameplay is close to being great, I wish the devs can make these happen. The 3 main threats in DayZ should be other survivors, hunger/dehydration and infected. Right now pretty sure 80% of deaths in DayZ are from PvP. PvE needs to catch up with PvP. Honestly, I couldn't care less for another vehicle or military weapons next patch. Just keep improving on survival, it's almost there.

I agree with all of the above. The amount of infected on vanilla servers really is stupidly low considering how harmless they are unless they come in numbers. Only by careless shooting in larger towns will they ever become a problem. So, for the time being, I have increased the danger from infected on my own server by increasing their number around five times over. It makes looting any town a proper nightmare, using stealth and tactics is absolutely necessary or you will be swarmed. To me it is how DayZ should always be, infected should be the major threat, along with the environment. It would be nice if the game provided any kind of incentive for players to cooperate instead of shooting anything that moves.

Looking forward to the day infected are everywhere, able to break down doors and get on top of cars or simply pull players down from the wall they climbed.

As for infected awareness it was nerfed some time back, I have lost track of the patches now but I think it was around 1.0 or 1.01 when they would respond to each others screams from a much wider radius, making aggroing one lone zed dangerous, since it would have half the village bearing down on you if you couldn't kill it before it screamed. I have no idea why this was changed, if they're going to have so few zeds they'll need to be more aware or they'll never pose any threat.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I agree with all of the above. The amount of infected on vanilla servers really is stupidly low considering how harmless they are unless they come in numbers. Only by careless shooting in larger towns will they ever become a problem. So, for the time being, I have increased the danger from infected on my own server by increasing their number around five times over. It makes looting any town a proper nightmare, using stealth and tactics is absolutely necessary or you will be swarmed.

Did you also tweak how quickly they respawn? Because there is nothing more annoying during looting than when you clean an area but they respawn in manner of minutes. So you barely loot a few buildings and you have to start over. So from that perspective the amount of infected on vanilla servers is stupidly high, as you must deal with them all the time. Not to mention that game literally spawns infected next to you, so even a seemingly clean area with one or two infected, is suddenly crowded. If they are at the other end of the village when you come in, they will all teleport closer. Did you tweak that as well on your server? 

19 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Did you also tweak how quickly they respawn? Because there is nothing more annoying during looting than when you clean an area but they respawn in manner of minutes. So you barely loot a few buildings and you have to start over. So from that perspective the amount of infected on vanilla servers is stupidly high, as you must deal with them all the time. Not to mention that game literally spawns infected next to you, so even a seemingly clean area with one or two infected, is suddenly crowded. If they are at the other end of the village when you come in, they will all teleport closer. Did you tweak that as well on your server? 

I have been fiddling with those settings but so far been unable to get it 100% right. Infected actually cannot spawn right next to you, there is a "saferadius" value that is set too 100 meters by default. By increasing this value to 200-250 I've been able to make an area fairly safe once a player has cleared it. Drawback of this method is that when you log in the saferadius prevents infected from spawning in your vicinity, so you can get rid of the zeds in a town by logging out - if you were alone the server will then clear any spawned infected after a couple of minutes - and then in again to loot a conveniently empty town. It is possible this can be avoided by using more static zeds, but that will of course take a toll on server performance instead. Tweaking these settings sometimes have quite unexpected results, one time (I have no reason why) I noticed that in Berezino there was only female infected spawning. Scores of very angry women were swarming there, horrible place...

12 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I have been fiddling with those settings but so far been unable to get it 100% right. Infected actually cannot spawn right next to you, there is a "saferadius" value that is set too 100 meters by default. By increasing this value to 200-250 I've been able to make an area fairly safe once a player has cleared it. Drawback of this method is that when you log in the saferadius prevents infected from spawning in your vicinity, so you can get rid of the zeds in a town by logging out - if you were alone the server will then clear any spawned infected after a couple of minutes - and then in again to loot a conveniently empty town. It is possible this can be avoided by using more static zeds, but that will of course take a toll on server performance instead. Tweaking these settings sometimes have quite unexpected results, one time (I have no reason why) I noticed that in Berezino there was only female infected spawning. Scores of very angry women were swarming there, horrible place...

Haha 😄 poor men of Berezino. Yes, I noticed that when you log out they reset. What I mean with spawning is that you arrive to a location which has 1-2 infected and suddenly there are 5 of them. Plus they are inherently attracted to the player's location no matter how stealthy the player is so they flock your location and there the safety limit does not apply. I say they need to get rid of this basic AI cheating and then we can have the zombies properly vigilant and tough.
Good to hear you're playing around with that to optimize it as best as you can. 

Edited by William Sternritter

@repzaj1234 That’s a beautiful list you’ve got there. I agree on the infected, but it MUST come with effective, silent, methods of dealing with them. We are so close with the Amphibia. It didn’t agro a single zed in 1.05 experimental (even though it had a bug where players could hear from miles away). For some reason, when they pushed to stable, it still has the player bug, but now attracts the infected, too! So the most effective PvE weapon in the game, is absolutely useless. 

Radios - number one for me is the static. Whilst they might be realistic, the sound is annoying. It’s also causing us to miss out on certain experiences. Secretly having a radio on, and allowing your friends to hear your conversation. Think of the gameplay possibilities! (I know people will say, what’s the point when you have Discord/TS, but you don’t tend to jump into those with people you just met - also, in-game comms is so much more fun!)

Dehydration - I agree that a gasp, or cough would be good. We have a rumbling stomach, so why not? It should also increase in severity at every stage. When you go from white to yellow, it could be subtle, but at flashing red it should be heard by everyone in the area. Remember devs, this is something for OTHER players to react to. Which = more varied experiences.

I completely agree on the food side of things. Personally, I would massively reduce loot on normal zombies, and actually use the clothing/backpack zombies as a source of supplies (food for civ, ammo for military). You would probably have to reduce those type of zombies for balance purposes, but it does seem silly that so many zombies wear backpacks with nothing in them. This would potentially function in a similar way to helicopter crashes. Like a small dynamic event that would draw players in.

I would also like to see a general reduction in ammo. For example, shotgun shells are far too common, especially considering that slugs are a one-hit kill. Boxes of ammo should only be found at higher risk areas, such as PD, and military. Houses should be limited to 3 or 4 spare bullets at a time.

Conversely, I would prefer it if weapons always spawned with SOME ammo. 

• Beans 3

5 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

@repzaj1234 That’s a beautiful list you’ve got there. I agree on the infected, but it MUST come with effective, silent, methods of dealing with them. We are so close with the Amphibia. It didn’t agro a single zed in 1.05 experimental (even though it had a bug where players could hear from miles away). For some reason, when they pushed to stable, it still has the player bug, but now attracts the infected, too! So the most effective PvE weapon in the game, is absolutely useless. 

Radios - number one for me is the static. Whilst they might be realistic, the sound is annoying. It’s also causing us to miss out on certain experiences. Secretly having a radio on, and allowing your friends to hear your conversation. Think of the gameplay possibilities! (I know people will say, what’s the point when you have Discord/TS, but you don’t tend to jump into those with people you just met - also, in-game comms is so much more fun!)

Dehydration - I agree that a gasp, or cough would be good. We have a rumbling stomach, so why not? It should also increase in severity at every stage. When you go from white to yellow, it could be subtle, but at flashing red it should be heard by everyone in the area. Remember devs, this is something for OTHER players to react to. Which = more varied experiences.

I completely agree on the food side of things. Personally, I would massively reduce loot on normal zombies, and actually use the clothing/backpack zombies as a source of supplies (food for civ, ammo for military). You would probably have to reduce those type of zombies for balance purposes, but it does seem silly that so many zombies wear backpacks with nothing in them. This would potentially function in a similar way to helicopter crashes. Like a small dynamic event that would draw players in.

I would also like to see a general reduction in ammo. For example, shotgun shells are far too common, especially considering that slugs are a one-hit kill. Boxes of ammo should only be found at higher risk areas, such as PD, and military. Houses should be limited to 3 or 4 spare bullets at a time.

Conversely, I would prefer it if weapons always spawned with SOME ammo. 

Yeah I noticed the Amphibia was nerfed, and so was the VSS which is now as useless as any other suppressed assault rifle when it comes to infected aggro. Very very annoying. Two shots in quick succession is enough to bring a horde running to your location.

As for radios the static is NOT realistic and has to be removed! All modern VHF radios come with something called "squelch" which is a gauge that mutes static so users will not be driven insane by it. Static usually only seeps through when you toggle the transmit button - a little bit of buzz before and after your transmission. A popular method to signal that you've heard someone else, without actually speaking, is to just push down transmit twice in quick succession which creates a distinctive double-buzz static "burp". Other than that a radio is silent until it actually receives a transmission. On most equipments squelch can be adjusted up and down to either let weak signals through, that would otherwise be muted, or to mute a distant signal that you can't make any sense of anyway.

As for food it is very easy to adjust in the server files, so balancing this should not be much of a hassle to the devs. I have more or less removed food from infected loot tables and cut down on fruit by about half, making food a more of a survival factor. Same goes for ammo.

I hope the work on balance the devs have been talking about will look into these things too, since it feels a bit daft that you have to customise the server files to get a proper survival experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Yeah I noticed the Amphibia was nerfed, and so was the VSS which is now as useless as any other suppressed assault rifle when it comes to infected aggro. Very very annoying. Two shots in quick succession is enough to bring a horde running to your location.

I would say that now even one shot from a pistol with a suppressor is enough for mass attention of a zombie to a player within a radius of 80-100 meters. I think it would be good if it worked within a radius of 30-40 meters. This worked well in 1.04.

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 1

53 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

I would say that now even one shot from a pistol with a suppressor is enough for mass attention of a zombie to a player within a radius of 80-100 meters. I think it would be good if it worked within a radius of 30-40 meters. This worked well in 1.04.

Aye. It is a bit inconsistent though so I think there is more to it, such as buildings or structures between the shooter and the infected. Yesterday I was able to sneak around in my overly infested Berezino without rousing the horde, I mostly used melee sneak attacks and popped zeds in the open with the Amphibia. It is important not to miss when shooting suppressed pistols, the bullet impact seems to alert them more than the sound from the discharge. Rifles are, of course, out of the question anyway. Also, throwing objects to lure them away is a working tactic as long as you stay out of sight and make little sound when moving away.

All in all infected behaviour is in a good place right now, we just need some small improvements and most of all more of them. Add climbing after players on top of cars/sheds and kicking down weak doors and they'll be properly scary.

bases are useless you can destroy a base in 3 minutes.. no bows and arrows and more bugs than ever this game is unplayable. If you gonna play something like pvp just go and play battleroyale.. But its ok bohemia has a new game called VIGOR wich is a dayz but new gen just for xbox

Edited by hellway13

On 9/16/2019 at 1:51 AM, ThePugman said:

This is an amazing suggestion. Never really thought about it before and realizing it now it'll be huge for interaction. I think dying of hunger has a subtle stomach growl, I can't remember.

Right now there's no way of telling cause it's just one limping animation for when you're dying of thirst, hunger, damage etc. The devs can surely expand on the different stages of dehydration/hunger and add subtle penalties. Right now it really feels like a barebones system.

Red thirst - Slight decrease of movement speed / audible dry throat sounds. This movement speed penalty should not stack with the low HP movement speed penalty. In theory, if you were to die from dehydation you'd slow down slightly at red thirst. Stay in that speed up until your HP becomes red too and only then will the more punishing movement speed penalties come to effect. It would suck to constantly have your speed decreased by a lot, players should only come to a crawl when they are in dire condition (Blinking red thirst + red HP)
Blinking red thirst - Inability to sprint / progressively worse sounds / subtle double-vision HUD effect for short amounts of time.

Red hunger - Melee attack penalty / audible stomach growling sounds
Blinking red hunger - Inability to use your melee weapon / wincing in pain player sounds / subtle blurry vision HUD effects for short amounts of time

If you get shot a slight screen effect + a fast heartbeat audio cue for a few seconds would be nice. A few subtle screen blood splatters on melee combat.
The hunger and thirst sound cues should have a decent gap before they can play again as that could be annoying lol If anyone's played Metro Exodus here I feel like that game nailed the HUD effects and audio feedback for combat. The DayZ devs could take a thing or two from it.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

This is an amazing suggestion. Never really thought about it before and realizing it now it'll be huge for interaction. I think dying of hunger has a subtle stomach growl, I can't remember.

Right now there's no way of telling cause it's just one limping animation for when you're dying of thirst, hunger, damage etc. The devs can surely expand on the different stages of dehydration/hunger and add subtle penalties. Right now it really feels like a barebones system.

Red thirst - Slight decrease of movement speed / audible dry throat sounds. This movement speed penalty should not stack with the low HP movement speed penalty. In theory, if you were to die from dehydation you'd slow down slightly at red thirst. Stay in that speed up until your HP becomes red too and only then will the more punishing movement speed penalties come to effect. It would suck to constantly have your speed decreased by a lot, players should only come to a crawl when they are in dire condition (Blinking red thirst + red HP)
Blinking red thirst - Inability to sprint / progressively worse sounds / subtle double-vision HUD effect for short amounts of time.

Red hunger - Melee attack penalty / audible stomach growling sounds
Blinking red hunger - Inability to use your melee weapon / wincing in pain player sounds / subtle blurry vision HUD effects for short amounts of time

If you get shot a slight screen effect + a fast heartbeat audio cue for a few seconds would be nice. A few subtle screen blood splatters on melee combat.
The hunger and thirst sound cues should have a decent gap before they can play again as that could be annoying lol If anyone's played Metro Exodus here I feel like that game nailed the HUD effects and audio feedback for combat. The DayZ devs could take a thing or two from it.

Good suggestions! To be honest I really miss the text based symptoms from 0.62. Getting that "bug icon" now does nothing to tell you what you are suffering from. Food poisoning, cholera, cold/flu or infected wounds? You have no idea until you eat beyond a certain threshold and puke your guts out. So, if text based information is completely off the table for some reason, the various illnesses all need different visual and audible cues to give the player a better chance to do the right thing to try and survive.

• Beans 1

@repzaj1234

@Derleth

I know they said they wouldn’t ‘commit’ to a complex medical system, but the fact that EVERYTHING is centred around health is a cop out. 

Dehydration, starvation, hypothermia, hyperthermia, and being injured by bullets or melee all have the same symptoms. Limping and moaning. Just a few individual effects would flesh it out a bit. 

All illnesses and status effects need proper stages that get progressively worse if action isn’t taken. For example hypothermia should start off with minor shaking, but if it’s not taken care of, you could add a visual filter and sound effects, which would seriously impede your character. We should HAVE to use a fire to recover. Just wringing out your clothing seems a bit crap. I think what annoys me most is just losing health. There’s no depth to it. The experience is not unique.