ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

Just now, BetterDeadThanZed said:

-servermod= in your command line makes it server side only. Been that way for a bit now.

So you can use certain admin tools on the server without needing to run a launcher or having them installed client side also with this parameter?,.. I have tried a few but it does not work.

1 minute ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

So you can use certain admin tools on the server without needing to run a launcher or having them installed client side also with this parameter?,.. I have tried a few but it does not work.

As far as I know. I just put all of the mods client side, including the admin mod, because they're very small downloads. I don't bother with admin tools on my vanilla server (rarely even join it actually).

1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

As far as I know. I just put all of the mods client side, including the admin mod, because they're very small downloads. I don't bother with admin tools on my vanilla server (rarely even join it actually).

This is why I wanted the -servermod= to be fully implemented so to speak, So to have a vanilla client connect to a admin tools only modded server that either only requires admins to have the mod installed or not at all to join the server type instance and still use admin tools, I have not seen or heard of anything like this yet and I think it would be super valuable to a server admin running vanilla server with admin tools.

Hello. Sorry for my English. I use a translator.
in this update:
Reduced damage and shock value received from infected

It is not right. Zombies now pose a much lower threat compared to players. You want to reduce the threat from zombies even more. They must be a threat.

Consider introducing such mechanics into the game:
Each hit of a zombie with a 30% probability can infect a player with a special disease (or with 50% if the player has started bleeding from the blow). The player has 1 hour of real time to find the injection (do the same as adrenaline or morphine only in blue, for example, the model is the same, the animations are the same as the textures are just different and the description). Injection is likely to be found in hospitals. If a player finds an injection and injects it himself, then he will immediately recover from this disease.
When a player gets sick with this disease (this happens 10 minutes after he got infected from a zombie hit) he has an icon of a bacterium and he periodically feels sick and coughs. Food and water decrease as usual (otherwise, many simply do not have time to get to the hospital and die on the way). After 1 hour has passed since the player received information that he is infected, his health status begins to fall rapidly and the player dies.

Thus, without making AI zombies smarter, you dramatically increase the threat from them. Players will try to bypass the zombies or kill them at a distance. There will be an additional need to move around the map. Still it is necessary to make that injection appeared only in the hospital and on military facilities it wasn’t.

Edited by remastyi
  • Beans 2

I really dont care much about updates...only about bugfixes .

Any database improvements ?

1.04 make it a bit better,but on the end im still forced to wipe the player DB after 2-3-4 weeks.

13 hours ago, BaaZR Light said:

DayZ, one of my favorite games. Everything is fine, but there is one minus. For example, if you play DayZ from 1 to 2 hours on average per day, then DayZ begins to consume more RAM than before. And this so-called overflow of RAM memory from the DayZ process leads to a sharp drop in overall productivity. Please, use the command line to restrict the possibility to restrict the DayZ application to use RAM (textures, models, objects), all that consumes a significant amount of computer RAM.
Thanks in advance, your fan

Such thing is called a memory leak, where a process uses up more and more RAM overtime. However, I don't think DayZ has this problem unless it's introduced in the Experimental patch. How do I know this? Because there are times where I play 4 or more hours and my RAM is fine. At least, I assume it is since Windows doesn't complain about going out of RAM. Telling how much RAM you have also helps because if you have only 2 GB of RAM, it's no wonder you would have problems.

Also, telling the developers to not utilize RAM would be weird because that's what RAM is used for.

32 minutes ago, Fun Automat said:

I really dont care much about updates...only about bugfixes .

Any database improvements ?

1.04 make it a bit better,but on the end im still forced to wipe the player DB after 2-3-4 weeks.

Why do you need to wipe the player DB after a few weeks? More information is needed there. What database problems are you talking about? Our server has been running for I think over a month and as far as I know, there are no problems whatsoever.

Edited by IMT

On 8/17/2019 at 9:06 AM, jay ray said:

Very glitchy. We have to log out and back in to server to fix glitch. Can’t reload, eat, drink, move stuff around. 

Have you verified your exp game files in steam ? if not do so .. as you should for every update

On 8/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, amadieus said:

Nice patch.

The Sarkan sedan vehicle is added as well.

Aiming through windows works better now. The character is less inclined to hold the weapon up.

Was the sea chest already spawning? Just found one in a shed.

I had a sea chest in 1.04 and as long as you change something every 45 days it will last, I forgot to this last month as was getting bored with Dayz but it lasted a long time for me, time to find another one!

Any ETA on when 1.05 is going live on stable?

Edited by Leah Snow

17 hours ago, IMT said:

Such thing is called a memory leak, where a process uses up more and more RAM overtime. However, I don't think DayZ has this problem unless it's introduced in the Experimental patch. How do I know this? Because there are times where I play 4 or more hours and my RAM is fine. At least, I assume it is since Windows doesn't complain about going out of RAM. Telling how much RAM you have also helps because if you have only 2 GB of RAM, it's no wonder you would have problems.

Also, telling the developers to not utilize RAM would be weird because that's what RAM is used for.

Why do you need to wipe the player DB after a few weeks? More information is needed there. What database problems are you talking about? Our server has been running for I think over a month and as far as I know, there are no problems whatsoever.

@IMT

DB error logs...FPS drops and server crashes.
Even a fresh wiped database is unstable. Its takes 48h to go back to normal.

Booth servers are stable, incredible stable - maybe one crash in 7 days.
Sooner or later the server will start spamming error logs, and this point i can shedule a char wipe.

And, maybe the most important info, its not a small server - 10k players in a week.

On 8/17/2019 at 12:40 AM, -Gews- said:

Hi @ImpulZ, the specific thing I'm wondering is this:

Is damage is reduced based on the change in velocity (specific time of flight doesn't matter)?

or

Is damage is reduced based on time of flight (change in velocity doesn't matter)?

Yes, it is based on the change in velocity.

13 hours ago, haxordie said:

Was the bandana issue fixed?

We are still investigating an issue with them.

1 hour ago, Leah Snow said:

Any ETA on when 1.05 is going live on stable?

Not at this point.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:13 AM, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Is it just me or are the barracks on the SW NWAF not accessible?,.. I tried a few buildings and cannot access through any doorways.

We are aware of some issues with buildings being inaccessible. If you encounter this, please send us a screenshot of the building, ideally with position.

• Beans 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:41 PM, Robzom11 said:

Would also personally like to see steep hills not be so easy to run up, currently almost any surface that isn't 90 degrees straight your able to run up without any impact to your speed or anything.

No you dont.

It was like that untill 0.61. You really dooonnt want it. 

Edited by hemmo
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 1

On 8/17/2019 at 10:50 PM, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

This is why I wanted the -servermod= to be fully implemented so to speak, So to have a vanilla client connect to a admin tools only modded server that either only requires admins to have the mod installed or not at all to join the server type instance and still use admin tools, I have not seen or heard of anything like this yet and I think it would be super valuable to a server admin running vanilla server with admin tools.

So did you try -servermod= in your command line?

Hi been following dayz for years now and have been trying to get my sons on the franchise through there PS4 s running a ps4 server through your partners but there is no kick for unruly players changing message.xml  add resource for admins etc theres just really a function for day and night speed really and to change the name of the server is there any way you can add some of the admin functions that ark has on there multiplayer standalone server would be a good thing anyway great job on what you have done so far with the game as a whole for Consoles  i look forward to seeing you next installments  please bare us in mind on PS4 private server to :)

check image 

https://imgur.com/a/reKV1gv

7 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

@IMT

DB error logs...FPS drops and server crashes.
Even a fresh wiped database is unstable. Its takes 48h to go back to normal.

Booth servers are stable, incredible stable - maybe one crash in 7 days.
Sooner or later the server will start spamming error logs, and this point i can shedule a char wipe.

And, maybe the most important info, its not a small server - 10k players in a week.

Any mods installed? Posting some logs would be helpful as well. That way we or the developers can help you better. Don't forget to put the logs in a spoiler to not clutter everyone's screen.

7 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Not at this point.

Understood. If possible, some warning would be so awesome. In the past, I don't think we've gotten any heads up. I'd like to let the players on my community server know ahead of time about expected downtime. Thanks! 😁

4 hours ago, Mike Paccione said:

Hi been following dayz for years now and have been trying to get my sons on the franchise through there PS4 s running a ps4 server through your partners but there is no kick for unruly players changing message.xml  add resource for admins etc theres just really a function for day and night speed really and to change the name of the server is there any way you can add some of the admin functions that ark has on there multiplayer standalone server would be a good thing anyway great job on what you have done so far with the game as a whole for Consoles  i look forward to seeing you next installments  please bare us in mind on PS4 private server to 🙂https://imgur.com/a/reKV1gv

Hi, whats under the config profiles and config files? And the message files location? Any chance of a screenshot?

thanks

When are you guys gonna fix duping and glitching? You cant find any rifles on official servers and there are some massive bases with dozens of crates full of weapons so they dont spawn and i've even seen wooden crates on roofs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

So did you try -servermod= in your command line?

Yes how ever the admin tools all mostly rely on other mods, eg, CF. ENF, EN etc.. so it wasnt much use as those mods cant be run serverside only... such a shame there isnt a admin tool that doesnt need dependancies or mods that run serverside explicitly.

We have just release a new Experimental update, version 1.05.152314.

The patchnotes have been updated in the header posting HERE.

@ImpulZ Just a couple of questions:

"Fixed: Infected are now chasing only non dynamic targets"

- What does this mean, exactly?

"Tweaked: Bandaging using a rag or bandanna no longer causes the wound infection, because wound infection had no effect on player characters"

- Is this something that will be revisited in the future, or has the idea been scrapped?

Edited by ThePugman

Just now, Pavlos Ge said:

So now that multivitamin pills usage is shown what are they used for ?

They increase your immunity to sickness

• Like 1