ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

5 minutes ago, pr9inichek said:

really? so I dont have to get a back pack full of plastic bottles anymore?

1 hour ago, jay ray said:

Did they fix the defibrillator issue? 

Yes, the are removed it ^_^

5 minutes ago, aux7 said:

really? so I dont have to get a back pack full of plastic bottles anymore?

yeap 😉

It is just awesome!

These features are awesome too:

'Added: Tutorial screens in the main menu
Added: VoN whisper/talk/shout voice levels
Added: Infected are attracted by talking players
Items can be thrown out of the windows
Reduced damage from infected"

Going very well, better than previous updates with bunch of bs many people didn't care about, while now we give "Very positive" reviews on steam.
I wish it would be faster implemented on PC Stable update, as a lot of time passed since last update, but oh well 😄

Implement please in-game bug reporter so people can report bugs way more easily, than sending reports and finding report files etc on their computer, instead of just sending it in game with all the info included , like in other games.

P.S the stuff you throw on the ground, still falls underground!

Edited by Improviso0
  • Like 1

anyone else had items poofing from inventory.

I had some fully kitted plate carriers holster, gun, pouches, extra mags/ammo, one I equipped the other just poofed.

Brgds

Nick

1 hour ago, pr9inichek said:

AK 101 settings dont seem to have changed

AKS is only considered in map

ngs6apC.png

• Confused 1

Tweaked: Bullet damage is reduced with longer bullet travel time

Seriously? While i understand this should happen, you guys do know, that most if not all weapons are too weak already?

Lowering it even more - So now if you snipe someone at 300m, he will just feel like a mosquite sting? The bullet values are a big problem since almost a year. Please go back to smth similar of 0.62, there it felt like weapons actually did something.

Also the uncoinsous state should be tweaked.  Like it was in the older versions, not always you should wake up after beeing unconisous. Sometimes you just bleed out without help of other players.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Ah...

Ak101 is only found in tisy.

So that means when all the rest of the assualt rifles are buried by pack rats and stop spawning people will still hike to tisy for a high end assualt rifle and hence keep the circulation of players travelling the map.

15 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

Tweaked: Bullet damage is reduced with longer bullet travel time

Seriously? While i understand this should happen, you guys do know, that most if not all weapons are too weak already?

Lowering it even more - So now if you snipe someone at 300m, he will just feel like a mosquite sting? The bullet values are a big problem since almost a year. Please go back to smth similar of 0.62, there it felt like weapons actually did something.

Also the uncoinsous state should be tweaked.  Like it was in the older versions, not always you should wake up after beeing unconisous. Sometimes you just bleed out without help of other players.

How are the weapons too weak?

I mean, currently 7.62 x 54 and .308 are both one-taps at any range. Don’t you think this is an improvement for those?

Cant see this having that big of an effect on anything that isn’t a sniper rifle. 

Surely, it’s more realistic, as well?

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, McWendy said:

Still nothing to cater a hermit playstyle.

If 1.06 lands and bows and or fishing is still not in or spoken of, I'm out. 

Disappointed again..... 

You should uninstall now. They said bow is the hardest weapon to implement.

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

Are these new things anything mechanics new or just items? 

Dont feel like installing if it's only thingamabobs and shiny new weapons and/or basebuilding things.

I want to roam the woodlands and feel like a hobo damnit!!

Serious question tho. 😎

Should probably give it a few days to see exactly what it entails. 

I presume you’re more into the survival ‘live-off-the-land’ gameplay? So fishing, bows, etc? Anything else?

Also @ImpulZ you say ‘Fixed: Patrol Pants couldn't be wrung out’ ... Do you mean Patrol Jacket? If it’s NOT an error, why can we only wring out these particular pants? Why not all pants? If it IS an error, then please can we have the ability to wring our pants, too. Seems silly that we can’t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

AK 101 settings dont seem to have changed

AKS is only considered in map

ngs6apC.png

My bad, I looked at it quick and for some reason "AK101_Black" and "AK101_Green" changed but not "AK101". Also, noticed that the new car does not spawn with anything attached. Missing the entries in cfgspawntypes.xml @impulz

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
typo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

My bad, I looked at it quick and for some reason "AK101_Black" and "AK101_Green" changed but not "AK101". Also, noticed that the new car does not spawn with anything attached. Missing the entries in cfgspawntypes.xml @impulz

According to some, it can’t be filled up with petrol, either.

Does nobody wanna talk about the spray paint coloured guns being added to the files? 😏

7 hours ago, WiiDEVil said:

Nice little update, but i feel i must mention the issues with Barbed Wire that have existed through 2 patches now, but i cant seem to find them acknowledged by the team anywhere.
I submitted a report to the feedback tracker detailing a couple of the issues, with a video and information on how to replicate it.
The report remains unassigned and not replied to, and i submitted it on July 1st.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141817 

I got notified by Geez that the barbed wire issues have been acknowledged both invisible and placement issue tickets and scheduled for a fix..... https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141391 and https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141393

6 hours ago, steam-76561198015618612 said:

can we get more details on the bullet damage and travel time? travel time especially felt pretty low already, dont know why it needs to be nerfed further. exact values would be nice and just using values that reflect real life guns 

IRL you can interchange 7.62 with .308 rounds as long as the gun meets a spec regarding head space for the chambering of the round,.. if we were to get into real world reflections for the game.....

1 hour ago, hellway13 said:

WE WANT BOWS!!

Said before, game physics is not ready to accommodate them... more important thing to work on is the physics behind making the bow work.... you cant have a fire if you have nothing to burn...

31 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Should probably give it a few days to see exactly what it entails. 

I presume you’re more into the survival ‘live-off-the-land’ gameplay? So fishing, bows, etc? Anything else?

Not per se. I like having the option to go do that. Not always in the mood for battles.

Sometimes i just like to relax and fish, Cook, garden or make tanned leather even. But when i do go hermit i like the risks that come with it. 

Anything else? Well robbing others was always fun. And I do mean the whole hey stick your hands up and chill if you want to survive this encounter 

We'll see how the development goes. Good patch tho 

4 hours ago, ThePugman said:

How are the weapons too weak?

I mean, currently 7.62 x 54 and .308 are both one-taps at any range. Don’t you think this is an improvement for those?

Cant see this having that big of an effect on anything that isn’t a sniper rifle. 

Surely, it’s more realistic, as well?

Neither7.62x54 or .308 are is guaranteed one tap. Especially at any range. Especially if target has protective gear over distance they deal little damage. Hell both plates and helmets have a chance to deflect the bullet. 308 lose power past 600 meters and 7.62x52 over 800. I snipe on a daily basis over long distances both in the offline to warm up with zombies and online. In 1.04 you can one tap a zombie at 800 meters with mosin and svd (rare instances you might have to hit them twice) in 1.05 it can take upto 4 chest shots on a zombie and quite often requires 3 chest shots which is crazy. Add protective gear and unpredictable player movement to this equation and sniping will be less rewarding. 

Even if they were to nerf it, this is just crazy. Random zombies taking three shots to be killed with SVD in effective range of the weapon...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, ImpulZ said:
  • Tweaked: Bullet damage is reduced with longer bullet travel time

Hi @ImpulZ, can we have a clarification on this point? It's reduced by the time of travel? Or it's reduced based on the bullet's remaining velocity (like ARMA or previous DayZ versions)?

You can have a fast bullet which hits the target quickly, but loses a lot of its speed on the way there. And you can have a very slow bullet which takes a long time to reach the target but doesn't lose much speed on its way there. 

It could simply be an imprecise phasing, of course. But it bullet damage is reduced based on time of flight, this would not be a physically accurate mechanic.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

6 hours ago, ThePugman said:

According to some, it can’t be filled up with petrol, either. Does nobody wanna talk about the spray paint coloured guns being added to the files? 😏

The spray painted guns were in the 1.04 release as well, I just didnt bother showing them . . . I suspect paint will return .  . when is another question

53 minutes ago, aux7 said:

The spray painted guns were in the 1.04 release as well, I just didnt bother showing them . . . I suspect paint will return .  . when is another question

Are you sure the green variants were? I don’t ever recall seeing a green Mosin in the offline mod. I saw camo, but not green. I could be wrong...

4 hours ago, madyb said:

Neither7.62x54 or .308 are is guaranteed one tap. Especially at any range. Especially if target has protective gear over distance they deal little damage. Hell both plates and helmets have a chance to deflect the bullet. 308 lose power past 600 meters and 7.62x52 over 800. I snipe on a daily basis over long distances both in the offline to warm up with zombies and online. In 1.04 you can one tap a zombie at 800 meters with mosin and svd (rare instances you might have to hit them twice) in 1.05 it can take upto 4 chest shots on a zombie and quite often requires 3 chest shots which is crazy. Add protective gear and unpredictable player movement to this equation and sniping will be less rewarding. 

Even if they were to nerf it, this is just crazy. Random zombies taking three shots to be killed with SVD in effective range of the weapon...

Fair enough. Up to 4 shots on a zed is pretty bad. Hoping for further clarification on this point.

3 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Jumped in experimental today. Noticed something unrelated, were forward zombie attacks removed? They cannot hit you whatsoever if you're jogging. Zeds need a general improvement in .06. Make them an actual threat please.

I mean, .05 isn’t even on stable yet, so there’s no reason zeds can’t be tweaked further in this update. To be fair though, health regens more slowly, the risk of bleeding is increased, and blood drain is much more severe. I had 2 cuts yesterday, and it didn’t take very long for them to become a serious issue. Coupled with the usefulness of saline and blood bag, this is decent addition in my opinion.

I didn’t mind the previous zed attack power, but it would be nice if they nerfed the clothing damage. 

Edited by ThePugman

26 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Are you sure the green variants were? I don’t ever recall seeing a green Mosin in the offline mod. I saw camo, but not green. I could be wrong...

Apologies, I meant that they were in the types file, not in the game