Sign in to follow this  
The Smeef

Imagine server tools...

I have a server that i pay for and i cant do anything to monitor it.... i cant ban people without changing the password every 4 hours because people joining my discord like to share it.... my members are getting "KOS" when we have a no "KOS" rule and i cant enforce anything... how do u expect us to monitor our servers and build communities when we cant even remove toxic players. ???????????????

6 hours ago, The Smeef said:

I have a server that i pay for and i cant do anything to monitor it.... i cant ban people without changing the password every 4 hours because people joining my discord like to share it.... my members are getting "KOS" when we have a no "KOS" rule and i cant enforce anything... how do u expect us to monitor our servers and build communities when we cant even remove toxic players. ???????????????

We are aware that the current tools for private server owners are not ideal for several tasks connected to managing communities. We are currently looking into the next steps on how to expand on the existing system.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 4:39 AM, ImpulZ said:

We are aware that the current tools for private server owners are not ideal for several tasks connected to managing communities. We are currently looking into the next steps on how to expand on the existing system.

That's good news but also vague.

Any insight as to what specifically can be done? Will the admins have a killfeed they can use to blacklist rulebreakers? Will the event log include this? Is it possible to give coordinates for each kill?

We appreciate the work you guys do but please we are hungry for answers.

14 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

That's good news but also vague.

Any insight as to what specifically can be done? Will the admins have a killfeed they can use to blacklist rulebreakers? Will the event log include this? Is it possible to give coordinates for each kill?

We appreciate the work you guys do but please we are hungry for answers.

Server admins are supposed to have access to the game logs, which would show you for example when players log in, disconnect, receive damage and die. Positions should be included.

In addition we plan to have a whitelist/blacklist feature which can be used in combination with these logs.

That is the current plan and there are more things being considered, but there are still some tests that have to be done before we can say how the final version will look like.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Sign in to follow this