MaximusDickus

Xbox. Wolf packs

Where are wolf packs ? Have you guys seen them ? I have only seen lone wolfs at Tisy military base.

Edited by MaximusDickus

I’ve been attacked by a couple packs in 1.02 update. Haven’t played enough 1.04 to experience them again.

I'm not gonna complain.  I hate them fucking things.  Nothing makes my blood curdle like the sound of wolves howling in the right side of my headset.

Edited by Stagman70
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah they are in the game as mentioned above, I had heard the howl once at night whilst navigating in the woods, ran to the nearest deer stand lol

• Like 1

Sometimes I hear the howl but don't get attacked.  Is that them eating someone else?

If you drop to a crouch as soon as you hear the wolves howl you can often get away without facing them. Saved my ass a few times. Wolves have a large agro distance IF YOU ARE STANDING UP.

Edited by awalsh47
  • Like 2

What else works, if there aren't any other options, is to stand with your back against a tree, then they will only attack from the front, which makes it easier to defend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

What else works, if there aren't any other options, is to stand with your back against a tree, then they will only attack from the front, which makes it easier to defend.

Normally you are dog food unless you have some where to hide in. Once I lived standing on a high boulder

If there is no avoiding them ,you have no Assualt rifle and you are in the open I use my hunting rifle to pick one off and then switch to pistol or shotty when close to kill two more.

Try keep cool and concentrate on one wolf at a time as you only need to kill three to make them run away. 

I panicked once spraying the whole pack with mp5 before, injuring lots but not getting a solid kill and ended up dead really fast.

7 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Sometimes I hear the howl but don't get attacked.  Is that them eating someone else?

If you drop to a crouch as soon as you hear the wolves howl you can often get away without facing them. Saved my ass a few times. Wolves have a large agro distance IF YOU ARE STANDING UP.

I dont run from wolves. Wolves run from me

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

If you kill the Alpha, they will run away, too.

how do you know which is the Alpha in the pack?

2 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

how do you know which is the Alpha in the pack?

Yeah I never knew if the alpha theory is true as I can't tell it apart . Some people say it's the whitest wolf, some the darkest. 

I normally just shoot until 3 are dead 

By the way a friend got trapped by wolves with no gun and lived.  He hid in a shed and stabbed them as they came in one at a time. He had to hid and eat and restore health for 15 minutes after he stabbed wolf #2. Then he bagged wolf 3 making the pack run.

Everything he was wearing was ruinned after but it was like liam neeson in the grey 

Edited by awalsh47

We already run into several wolf packs in 1.04. You find them often near devils castle, sometimes even inside devils castle (happened yesterday). It's really funny to watch them fight the zombs 😛

• Like 1

Was attacked by 6-7 wolves together with a mate yesterday.

Just ran into a solo one that gave up its chase on me.

Pack-size seems to be a lot different from time to time. 🙂