stephen321

Private server game messages

9 hours ago, stephen321 said:

I have been pasting it in and saving but it keeps changing back to the default one. Is there something I should be doing?

@Skimshady did yours work in the end?

@Markyd    try this below and see  if it works, if it does then we can mod it to what you want

there  must be a problem in the code . .. if this doesnt work then you guys will have to raise a ticket. The server guys are usually very helpful. Fragnet has been great for me so far. Let me know how it goes . ..

please find below a simplified version with out any special characters in the text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<messages>

<!-- Shut down -->

<message>

<deadline>360</deadline>

<shutdown>1</shutdown>

</message>

<!-- Warning Messages  -->

<message>

<deadline>345</deadline>

<text>This server will shutdown in 15 minutes</text>                             

</message>

<message>

<deadline>350</deadline>

<text>This server will shutdown in 10 minutes</text>                                   

</message>

<message>

<deadline>355</deadline>

<text>This server will shutdown in 5 minutes</text>                                   

</message>

<!-- On Connection Welcome Messages  -->

<message>

<delay>2</delay>

<onconnect>1</onconnect>

<text>Welcome to my server Have Fun and please don't just KOS</text>           

</message>

<!-- Repeat Messages  -->

<message>

<delay>10</delay>

<repeat>50</repeat>

<onconnect>1</onconnect>

<text>The server will restart at 00:00 06:00 and 18:00 gmt </text>

</message>

</messages>

If it works then I can change the part where u say don’t kos to wot I want it to say?

7 hours ago, Markyd said:

If it works then I can change the part where u say don’t kos to wot I want it to say?

sure, change it to what you like, just avoid using special characters. let me know how it goes. Next step as I said will be raising a ticket, to see if the server guys can help

Why is all this code needed, can’t we use Nitrado App to set times? I’m still waiting for my year long server to activate so haven’t had the pleasure yet.

@aux7 didn’t work for me just reset back the standard one I see all the time I must be doing something wrong lol I give up haha 

32 minutes ago, Markyd said:

@aux7 didn’t work for me just reset back the standard one I see all the time I must be doing something wrong lol I give up haha 

Ive been trying the messages file on pc, it doesnt work there either, but my scheduler messages are ok, Ive asked fragnet why messages doesnt seem to work. .. .

1 hour ago, RussianReavers said:

Why is all this code needed, can’t we use Nitrado App to set times? I’m still waiting for my year long server to activate so haven’t had the pleasure yet.

Hi

From what I can see of the app, its pretty limited. It must link in to your Nitrado server account. You need the code to send messages in game to your players

QYwn3AR.png

@Markyd

@Skimshady

@stephen321

I cannot get it to work on the pc either (we have a similar file)

Fragnet say its up to Bohemia, so I  have raised a bug ticket - [Maniphest] [Created] T143656: message.xml not functioning

Lets see what they say

Edited by aux7
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

thank you 🙂 seemed odd with it not working when u know ya shit lol lets see wot they say?? prob havent got round to making it work yet lol ohhhh how we love dayz lol

Have you tried to stop the server, then download the script from the Nitrado interface,  edit it "Copy" of what Aux7 sent you, try to keep the format of the downloaded script, its quite easy to follow and then add the details from Aux7 script to the downloaded one, then upload the script and start the server?

On 8/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, aux7 said:

@Markyd

@Skimshady

@stephen321

I cannot get it to work on the pc either (we have a similar file)

Fragnet say its up to Bohemia, so I  have raised a bug ticket - [Maniphest] [Created] T143656: message.xml not functioning

Lets see what they say

now raised as an xbox ticket as well .. . T143713

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both Xbox and ps4 ones not working!!! Probably to do with the amount of private servers we ordered so they disabled it of something.. Shame really as it was meant to be something we had from start but thank u @aux7 for helping all us console players out ;):):) 

5 minutes ago, Markyd said:

Both Xbox and ps4 ones not working!!! Probably to do with the amount of private servers we ordered so they disabled it of something.. Shame really as it was meant to be something we had from start but thank u @aux7 for helping all us console players out ;):):) 

@stephen321

@Skimshady

The code below works now on pc, Try this test code on yours. . .

<messages>

<message>
        <repeat>15</repeat>
        <text>You're playing on my server Thank you </text>
    </message>

</messages>

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, aux7 said:

@stephen321

@Skimshady

The code below works now on pc, Try this test code on yours. . .

<messages>

<message>
        <repeat>15</repeat>
        <text>You're playing on my server Thank you </text>
    </message>

</messages>

Don't think it's the code that's the problem. It's that and code we put in just resets back to the default one.

1 hour ago, stephen321 said:

Don't think it's the code that's the problem. It's that and code we put in just resets back to the default one.

sure, but when it resets it can be that something in the code is wrong, so it is/was worth checking. I then put your comment in the bug report. So it just reset again with this code or? Please give me a feedback. thanks

@Markyd

@stephen321

G76Mlnh.png

On your server window there are the folders - general, config profiles, config files and timed restart. Can one of you guys send me screen prints of whats in there?

for anyone who is interested, I run my servers 4 hours daylight and 1 hour night (with half an hour of absolute night) The set up seems the same as for pc.

My settings are

Server time multiplier for this would be     3

Server time multiplier (night)                       4

Custom server time would be set to   2019/06/21/06/00   giving a 6am start on the longest day, but I could do with a better screen shot of this page to confirm

I would untick the use system time as well

Edited by aux7

2 hours ago, aux7 said:

sure, but when it resets it can be that something in the code is wrong, so it is/was worth checking. I then put your comment in the bug report. So it just reset again with this code or? Please give me a feedback. thanks

@Markyd

@stephen321

G76Mlnh.png

On your server window there are the folders - general, config profiles, config files and timed restart. Can one of you guys send me screen prints of whats in there?

for anyone who is interested, I run my servers 4 hours daylight and 1 hour night (with half an hour of absolute night) The set up seems the same as for pc.

My settings are

Server time multiplier for this would be     3

Server time multiplier (night)                       4

Custom server time would be set to   2019/06/21/06/00   giving a 6am start on the longest day, but I could do with a better screen shot of this page to confirm

I would untick the use system time as well

@Ledgenz  try the above settings for long days and short nights. Let me know if you want longer days and shorter nights

@aux7 could u give me a email address so I can sens u a screen shot of the config file as can’t upload one on from from my phone..!? As then I can show u everything u need to see in pic or vid 

2 hours ago, Markyd said:

@aux7 could u give me a email address so I can sens u a screen shot of the config file as can’t upload one on from from my phone..!? As then I can show u everything u need to see in pic or vid 

Ive sent it by  pm

did you try the time stuff?

On 8/18/2019 at 5:30 PM, FearFokkol said:

Have you tried to stop the server, then download the script from the Nitrado interface,  edit it "Copy" of what Aux7 sent you, try to keep the format of the downloaded script, its quite easy to follow and then add the details from Aux7 script to the downloaded one, then upload the script and start the server?

tried that same issue

• Like 1