Zwoozh

Gameplay

When i Come home from Job i try play Dayz, but its night time, So i play other games for few hours, going BACK to dayz still night time, So im trying again later still night time XDDDDDD been like this from day1 when i got the game, cant enjoy this. 

I guess there is reasons why ppl rly dont play the game, why there is so much hate around dayz. Plizz fix this or i Will delete it from my ps4 too. 

@Zwoozh

Fix it? It’s a part of the game, dude. Just play the damn thing and it will be daytime before you know it. Night lasts 1 hour, max.

Edited by ThePugman

4 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

@Zwoozh

Fix it? It’s a part of the game, dude. Just play the damn thing and it will be daytime before you know it. Night lasts 1 hour, max.

You saying i should stay inside a hous for 1h and look at a dark wall?  Thats a Nice 1h too use ur gaming time on. 

Running around with a flashlight wont help waaay too dark at night, can easy get lost, not easy too find the right way, If its a big place / town. 

Btw wierd its 1h only cuz its alway nightime when i try play! But oke.

27 minutes ago, Zwoozh said:

You saying i should stay inside a hous for 1h and look at a dark wall?  Thats a Nice 1h too use ur gaming time on. 

Running around with a flashlight wont help waaay too dark at night, can easy get lost, not easy too find the right way, If its a big place / town. 

Btw wierd its 1h only cuz its alway nightime when i try play! But oke.

Lots of topics on this subject. Try joining a more populated server, the lower one's seem to be always dark when joining. If you really can't play at night then just join different one's until you find one that is day time.

• Like 1

If you don't like dark, look for private server on PS4 called, Dayz Platinum Server, Long Day, Admin PureNoobHunter

• Like 1

The dark is perfect the way it is, except when there is a full moon and no clouds, then it's too dark. Anyone that whines about the dark is crying tears of entitlement. Seriously man, pull it together and cope! Use a light source or NVG. Know your in-game strengths. Balance risk and reward.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

The dark is perfect the way it is, except when there is a full moon and no clouds, then it's too dark. Anyone that whines about the dark is crying tears of entitlement. Seriously man, pull it together and cope! Use a light source or NVG. Know your in-game strengths. Balance risk and reward.

"The dark is perfect the way it is"

"Except when there is a full moon and no clouds, then it's too dark" "Anyone that whines about the dark is crying....."

I have to say that is on hell of a hypocritical comment, seriously it is.

Its fine as it is, oh but if the Moon is shining and there are no clouds, oh no that's not good, not good at all. Full Moon without clouds is too dark and that is not okay, I am crying tears of entitlement.

Can you see where the OP might have an issue now? Why he/She might have wished to make this thread? It is not okay being that Dark, realistic yes but, and there is always a but, is it fun? Not really.

Ezystrider, I am playing Devils advocate with you. I am in no way having a go at you personae. I know some people like the dark but some do not, they have a right to complain about it. 

I had to add this bit as an edit:- Why the F*ck should some one spend lots of money on a game, only to find themselves in the pitch black not being able to move around, because they have already used there torch the last time they found themselves in the pitch black? NVG what if a player does not know where to find them? ECT ECT.

Really had a go at you lol, no offence to you.

Edited by Dancedwithlions

That link did not work, not for me any way. Regardless its not the point, it really is not.

You pay money to play a game then you find yourself in the middle of know where in the pitch Fecking darkness, with no idea where to go. 

"I can only play an hour or too a night" Well f*ck you play longer, it might be dark and there is f*ck all you can do about it" "I want to come on for a couple of hours" "Fuck off its dark for an hour you cant play"

"I used my torch its gone" "Then fuck off and play another time" "I am not that good at this game, I dont know the maps" "Well then fuck off and play another game"

It is okay for you if you can play this for hours on end, but if you cant then then its shiite. If you work, if you have to get up early and just want want an hour or so play time, fuck you, its dark fuck off and come back another day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dancedwithlions said:

"The dark is perfect the way it is"

"Except when there is a full moon and no clouds, then it's too dark" "Anyone that whines about the dark is crying....."

I have to say that is on hell of a hypocritical comment, seriously it is.

Its fine as it is, oh but if the Moon is shining and there are no clouds, oh no that's not good, not good at all. Full Moon without clouds is too dark and that is not okay, I am crying tears of entitlement.

Can you see where the OP might have an issue now? Why he/She might have wished to make this thread? It is not okay being that Dark, realistic yes but, and there is always a but, is it fun? Not really.

Ezystrider, I am playing Devils advocate with you. I am in no way having a go at you personae. I know some people like the dark but some do not, they have a right to complain about it. 

I had to add this bit as an edit:- Why the F*ck should some one spend lots of money on a game, only to find themselves in the pitch black not being able to move around, because they have already used there torch the last time they found themselves in the pitch black? NVG what if a player does not know where to find them? ECT ECT.

Really had a go at you lol, no offence to you.

Ever been outside during a full moon and a clear sky?  Think before you type. To be clear: I think it would be cool if every twenty-or-so in-game days when there is a full moon that you could see slightly better at night as long as the weather isn't cloudy.  It would add to immersion for me and create interesting opportunities for emerging gameplay.  DayZ is supposed to be UNFORGIVING. That is why no one should be complaining about the night.  "OMG its not like every other game where I don't have to think about anything differently when the sun goes down because it just turns gray," is an entitled way of thinking. Maybe I'm a little masochistic.

Just fix/adjust the nights and make the moonlight more realistic. Even the night loving folks will have no problem with that... PEACE!

I love the nights but at times it does seem a little too dark especially when the moon is out like some of you said the moon is supposed to be natural light so why isn’t it!!?? But yeah stop bitching, make a torch and get out there plus the torch makes a good weapon!!

• Thanks 1

@Dancedwithlions Just relax mate, no need for that kind of language.

We all know it's a bit too dark.

Is it a really high priority? I doubt it, lots of other stuff to worry about first.

@Zwoozh It really does only last an hour. And having a glow stick on doesn't paint you as a large target, it's also not visible through scopes so you could be quite safe.

I get it, but before you despair, try to have a few night time adventures. Due to the fact no one likes night you may find slot more gear.

Have you tried navigating using the stars?

Have you made a torch out of wood and rags?

The night is beautiful in Days, once nvg's are common and there are 24/7 daytime servers the game loses that charm. 

6 hours ago, hsv7ltr said:

I get it, but before you despair, try to have a few night time adventures. Due to the fact no one likes night you may find slot more gear. 

In the last patch for KP, "anti-duping" adjustments are made - jumping on servers will send the character to the coastline.
Not every player will want to jump on servers in search of "daylight".

6 hours ago, hsv7ltr said:

Is it a really high priority? I doubt it, lots of other stuff to worry about first. 

As practice shows, with the onset of dark night, 70-80% of players leave the server. Once I played on a dark night, of the 12 players remaining on the server, six were inactive, who were AFCs, who were sitting in a house with closed doors. As a result, this is not primarily for 10-15% of players.

People complain a lot about the night, but don't look for options to play at night. That's part of the game, if you don't like the night, switch to a private server that's sunny 24 hours a day. I personally love playing dayz at night, it's a great experience, I even wish she had 30 minutes more! A glow stick is enough to make you move at night if you lose your navigation, but all in all, I usually play at night without any light source, and it's not that hard to navigate, just try it!

On 8/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, hsv7ltr said:

@Dancedwithlions Just relax mate, no need for that kind of language.

We all know it's a bit too dark.

@Zwoozh It really does only last an hour. And having a glow stick on doesn't paint you as a large target, it's also not visible through scopes so you could be quite safe.

Have you tried navigating using the stars?

Have you made a torch out of wood and rags?

The night is beautiful in Days, once nvg's are common and there are 24/7 daytime servers the game loses that charm. 

Ha ha what type of language? I thought I was being quite polite, I even stated I was not having a go at him. 

The OP is the one who does not like the night time. I hate it but still play it, having a torch and a head torch makes it a lot easier. If I dont have either of those I make a torch with wood and rags.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:44 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Edited by Dancedwithlions

On 8/14/2019 at 11:44 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Ever been outside during a full moon and a clear sky?  Think before you type. To be clear: I think it would be cool if every twenty-or-so in-game days when there is a full moon that you could see slightly better at night as long as the weather isn't cloudy.  It would add to immersion for me and create interesting opportunities for emerging gameplay.  DayZ is supposed to be UNFORGIVING. That is why no one should be complaining about the night.  "OMG its not like every other game where I don't have to think about anything differently when the sun goes down because it just turns gray," is an entitled way of thinking. Maybe I'm a little masochistic.

Not sure where you going with this? You told the OP that night is good, then said that if its a full moon with no clouds its not good.

Does not really matter, I agree with the rest of your statement.