FearFokkol

New weapons for 1.05 release

Was watching the stream, there are three new weapons coming with the 1.05 release,

@ImpulZ will the KAM-74U be a civilian weapon, you said something about players not always wanting to go to Military bases, but great info on the stream, Thanks 😎

Edited by FearFokkol

How can any KAM-74U be a civilian weapon?  It was my understanding that AR type weapons are military. When I say military. The military is the one that developed it. A civilian model is still technically military.

An ak74u is a shortened ak74. It's a short barreled rifle using an 8inch barrel. Mid weapon between the short smgs and traditional rifle lengths. Still a military weapon , not a civilian version 

8 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

How can any KAM-74U be a civilian weapon?  It was my understanding that AR type weapons are military. When I say military. The military is the one that developed it. A civilian model is still technically military.

I get what you mean, but this is the same as any military designed weapon that can be sold to civilians, however that's what I'm trying to get details on if this would be a civilian find or a military camp find as they mentioned something about not everyone wanting to run to a military camp 😎

1 hour ago, FearFokkol said:

I get what you mean, but this is the same as any military designed weapon that can be sold to civilians, however that's what I'm trying to get details on if this would be a civilian find or a military camp find as they mentioned something about not everyone wanting to run to a military camp 😎

we will see once we get the new types file .. . .

• Like 1

On the confusion of if the forthcoming ak74u spawns in police stations or not from the stream...

I'm pretty sure the ak74 or ak74u and or 5.45 spawned in police stations at some point in the pc in .61 or .62. Very rare though.

The rationale being it was chenarus PDs swat assualt rifle. Like the way some US police use m4s, UK police use the G36 or Irish police have m416s 

Yeah, I think if something like like was to spawn on police stations they would be fine ad long as it was a rare chance. 

Would be great if something like this would spawn in say police stations, then anyone wanting a mil spec weapon that wont want to go to mil bases due to campers waiting for semi-freshies at these camps, so will have to check how they implement these new weapons.

I think throwing out the polish smg and possibly a pump action shotty in police stations would help too. 

The chance of an ak74u in a station would be nice 

It's great that there's even more stuff to look forward to!  I've been quite happy with 1.04, it can only get better!

1 minute ago, ellofive said:

It's great that there's even more stuff to look forward to!  I've been quite happy with 1.04, it can only get better!

Yeah right.... so you are quite happy with 1.04? Are you one of these guys which are playing/hiding 24/7 on his 10 slot private server? Do you even play the game? 🤨

-Non working Scopes (most battery ones)

-Cars still LAGFREEZING

-Buggy inventory (can't pick up stuff from peoples backpack, tents, cars, chests aso)

-Items disappearing for no reason

-weak performance on high pop custom servers (64+ slots)

-zombs buggy AF (buggy/freezing at corners, houses, fences aso)

-NVGs are not working

-Serverbrowser for custom servers is a bad joke

-aso....

We waited so long for this patch and there are so many game breaking bugs!! Please explain why you are quite happy with 1.04....

14 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Cars still LAGFREEZING

Hmm, I just drove an olga across the map last night. Started on cherno and not a stutter all the way to vmc and  beyond. 

16 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Non working Scopes (most battery ones)

The night vision scope is working OK and the pso seems OK. I think it's just the red dot sights at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Items disappearing for no reason

I don't think items are disappearing. I had this issue but if you hide/unhide the back pack or whichever item, they reappear. They're still there, it just seems to get bugged but this seems to fix it. 

20 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

zombs buggy AF (buggy/freezing at corners, houses, fences aso)

I haven't had this happen to me yet so couldn't comment. But so far the infected seem to work pretty well. 

21 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Serverbrowser for custom servers is a bad joke

In what sense? 

22 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

NVGs are not working

They work in your hand but seems they haven't assigned a button for helmet toggling yet. 

Tbh, I'm amazed at this update. They've added some great stuff and, more importantly, seem to have drastically improved frame rate on cities. I think you are perhaps over reacting and I'd like to know why you think the things you've mentioned are game breaking? Dayz is probably in the best place it's ever been right now, certainly on console. But if a broken red dot sight and a couple of derpy zombies make it unplayable then I don't think this is a game you're going to stick with long term. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

We waited so long for this patch and there are so many game breaking bugs!! Please explain why you are quite happy with 1.04....

Ugh. Yeah I actually agree with you on most of those points haha. There are still some bugs that should be non existent at this point, and it’s a shame we’re still dealing with them.

I do play often, on a mix of public and private servers.  Always high pop, and I frequently run into the bugs you’ve mentioned. I just try to look past them, and try to focus on the progress that has been made on the game.

What I was referring to earlier is the duping nonsense being fixed finally. That is what I am most happy about.. at least that nightmare is over for now. I am just trying to be optimistic about the game’s future!

@DayzDayzFanboy

We tried about 5-6 cars on different server and all of them were freezing at some point (I even have a Samsung SSD inside my PS4 - so even less render probs than other ppl). You must have been ultra lucky to not get a freeze lag... Are you playing on a low pop private server or maybe it's only a problem at the PS4 platfrom? Btw, many many players (and everyone of my Dayz friends) reported those freezelags with 1.02 and 1.04, so it's still not fixed - which is very very sad!

Item's are disappearing... Yeah well it only happend one time for me but it happend several time for my buddys. The one time were it happend to me was when I was driving a car with my M4 in hands (to react when someone shooting at us and we need to get out of the car quickly) and the game completetly froze (had to restart application). After i joined back on the server my M4 was gone (i had CQB-Buttstock and MP-Handguard on it so I was a bit pissed at the time).

zombs buggy AF... Happens a lot on High pop custom servers and high pop official servers. I mean it really happens ALOT of the time! I saw it several times that almost EVERY zomb at Kamyshovo was frozen at a fence/house or tree. A server restart will fix it tho.

Non working Scopes (most battery ones) ... Correct, every scope without battery is working fine. The only one that I found out is working with the battery is the Kobra sight for the KN-Fam. Imho it's really sad that they released an update with broken scopes!!! -Didn't this happend to the poor xbox guys before?!

Serverbrowser for custom servers... I mean cmon! There is not even a filter for password/non-password and slot filter. -Really cheap implemented!

NVG's... Yea they do work but how they are suppose to work! Ergo they DON'T work for us console players.

@ellofive

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not the type of guy who likes to complain about everything 24/7 but I waited patiently for 1.04 and told all my friends to wait for it (many of them were really pissed about the game and the price that they paid for it *50eur*) but with 1.04 there are still alot of game breaking bugs inside the game. I think we players have to complain at some point and let the devs know what's wrong in the game. For me it seems like that the devs think that a few new guns and a car will make everyone happy but they should IMHO focus on the general gameplay and bug fixing and they don't need to add NEW stuff atm. Fix the game/bugs (in general) >> and then add new stuff.

Don't let the devs think that everything is fine and that we (console players) will happily wait another few month to get general stuff fixed (e.g. NVGs cars, item pickup, scopes aso). We paid a decent ammout of money for a so called RELEASE game, so imho we can expect that they get their *** up and fix the game (in general aspects) ASAP!

Happy DayZ! 😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

. Are you playing on a low pop private server or maybe it's only a problem at the PS4 platfrom?

Ah, didn't realise you were on play station. I'm on xbox. I'm playing on high pop official servers, as you'd be hard pushed to find a low pop at the moment. 

I was greatly surprised by how much things improved with 1.04. Performance in big cities is so much better now. I've only driven a car once since the update and it genuinely was a smooth ride (till I wrapped it round a tree!). 

Maybe it is PlayStation specific as it is a lot newer to the game and maybe has its own quirks. It would be interesting to hear from someone who plays both @bent.toe? 

All I can suggest is stick it out. I think the game is on the best place it's ever been, certainly as far as console is concerned. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

13 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Gotcha! It would be cool to find something like that outside of a military base.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ah, didn't realise you were on play station. I'm on xbox. I'm playing on high pop official servers, as you'd be hard pushed to find a low pop at the moment. 

I was greatly surprised by how much things improved with 1.04. Performance in big cities is so much better now. I've only driven a car once since the update and it genuinely was a smooth ride (till I wrapped it round a tree!). 

Maybe it is PlayStation specific as it is a lot newer to the game and maybe has its own quirks. It would be interesting to hear from someone who plays both @bent.toe? 

All I can suggest is stick it out. I think the game is on the best place it's ever been, certainly as far as console is concerned. 

I agree. Anyone who thinks otherwise didnt play update 1.03 or they are mad they cant dupe like before 

9 hours ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

I agree. Anyone who thinks otherwise didnt play update 1.03 or they are mad they cant dupe like before 

Well on console there wasn't a 1.03 update. It was bundled with 1.04. But I also agree the game has gotten a LOT better in the last few updates. 

I have killed many people since the update on 4227. Mostly due to the fact that duping is more difficult and the lag isnt nearly as bad.

As soon as you give a duper a regular gun and no body armor and no helmet, they die. Dupers need automatic weapons and vsd's to feel good at this game

If they added a single fire ak 74 w/o full auto then it could be considered civilian, or just add ar-15's that would be single an could shoot 5.56 or 2.23

7 hours ago, Levi Feaster said:

If they added a single fire ak 74 w/o full auto then it could be considered civilian, or just add ar-15's that would be single an could shoot 5.56 or 2.23

Actually that's not a bad idea. I think there should be incentive for people to travel around the map for items and that would be a good way to clear up military bases from being 24/7 hotzones

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 6:46 PM, GolemNo9 said:

An ak74u is a shortened ak74. It's a short barreled rifle using an 8inch barrel. Mid weapon between the short smgs and traditional rifle lengths. Still a military weapon , not a civilian version 

The ak74u is classified as a carbine