Stagman70

Character persistence

I know that if I'm playing on a public server and switch to a private one, I start out as a freshie.  Does my PUBLIC SERVER character still exist, so I can play IT at a later date?

14 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I know that if I'm playing on a public server and switch to a private one, I start out as a freshie.  Does my PUBLIC SERVER character still exist, so I can play IT at a later date?

it does on pc

It should, the private servers had their own databases, thats why its a new character, so I just tried this where I run a character on one private server, then log of and jump onto another private server and had a new character, then when I went back to the original private server, I loaded in with the character I had on that server

11 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Yeah, I play with a char on official and a different char on private, I switch back and forth between them. :)

53 minutes ago, WezzyStef907 said:

Yeah, I play with a char on official and a different char on private, I switch back and forth between them. 🙂

Any issues with the private servers, or do they perform well?

26 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

Any issues with the private servers, or do they perform well?

They pretty much perform as well as official servers. Would recommend joining one with accelerated night time, so you aren't waiting an hour and half for it to pass. :)

34 minutes ago, WezzyStef907 said:

They pretty much perform as well as official servers. Would recommend joining one with accelerated night time, so you aren't waiting an hour and half for it to pass. 🙂

One thing I noticed on the private hub was most have like 10 or 20 slots, I'm guessing due to the cost, but what kind of experience can you have with only 10 players on a 225 sq km map?  I would like to try out a private server, and maybe even donate to help keep it open if it's a good server.  I would like to find one that has mild RP, with your occasional douche-bags sprinkled in to "keep it real".  I would like to think that humanity wouldn't de-evolve into what you find on most public servers, with the CoD, BF, and PUBG burnouts running around being complete ass-hats. 

Edited by Stagman70

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Are private servers still wiping everything on reset or is that fixed now? 

That's something else that I had read, too (the servers resetting alot), and that is another issue that I would like to have a little more info on before I commit any time/money to a private server.  I have a hard enough time keeping all my crap as it is without a server wiping me out.

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Are private servers still wiping everything on reset or is that fixed now? 

If you're talking about character wipes, I haven't experienced that on the private server I play on, can't say the same for bases or stashes or vehicles etc. I do notice more random disconnects than on official servers tho. Also if you play on a private server and the the population drops to nothing and dies, you can't take your gear to another server, so there's that downside. :/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

One thing I noticed on the private hub was most have like 10 or 20 slots, I'm guessing due to the cost, but what kind of experience can you have with only 10 players on a 225 sq km map?  I would like to try out a private server, and maybe even donate to help keep it open if it's a good server.  I would like to find one that has mild RP, with your occasional douche-bags sprinkled in to "keep it real".  I would like to think that humanity wouldn't de-evolve into what you find on most public servers, with the CoD, BF, and PUBG burnouts running around being complete ass-hats. 

I would recommend trying to join someones locked server, check in the recruitment part of the forum. :)

43 minutes ago, WezzyStef907 said:

If you're talking about character wipes, I haven't experienced that on the private server I play on, can't say the same for bases or stashes or vehicles etc. I do notice more random disconnects than on official servers tho. Also if you play on a private server and the the population drops to nothing and dies, you can't take your gear to another server, so there's that downside. 😕

Ok, that sounds promising. When they first came out, there were some people saying that characters were getting wiped whenever the server reset