Jonas Levin

New weapons spawn locations and quality.

Can anybody tell me what tier military places the new weapons spawn at?

In interested in how far inland you got to get to find them, and also how rare they are.

Due to serious bad luck and helping some new mates out at the coastal area (and getting killed by inadequate team-mates twice and because of inadequate team-mates twice more the 4 times I actually made it inland...) I have not found any of them yet.

Any thoughts about them so far?

i’ve seen a map with general “loot tier” locations highlighted and its basically:

lowest (worst) to highest (best) is East/Southeast to West/NorthWest

So your shitty low-tier loot will be found all along the coast - Makarov (IJ-70) pistols, Skorpions, BK-18 rifles and Shotguns...

as you move more west/northwest you’ll slowly find better tier loot such as Tundra, CR-527 bolt-action rifles, the FNX-45 pistol, and SG5k SMG at the smaller tent areas and hunting camps, etc.

When you get to NWAF, Zelenogorsk, major military bases and outposts you’ll be lucky to come across your assault rifles, M4, AK, etc.

Tisy is the most Northwestern military loot spawn which should grant you the best tier loot besides the random helicopter crashes if you run across one of those you’ll probably pick up a VSS or VSD, maybe an LAR and some other gear if you’re extremely lucky.

Nothing is guaranteed, it’s all up to the RNG gods and if someone has looted recently before you arrive.

I know the different places to find the different tiers and been playing since DayZ came out in preview for Xbone, so all that ain't new to me -, what I am interested is what tiers the new weapons fall into. 🙂

I dont think theres an actual 'offical' list of what tiers certain weapons fall into, its all just based on what category the weapon falls into.

Military style rifles will always spawn in a military type camp/base - youll never find an AK, SVD or M4 in a civilian house along the coast.

Hunting rifles will spawn at the hunting camps, deer stands, and rarely occasionally in some civilian houses.

Pistols, SMGs and Shotguns will be found in civilian houses, police stations, and the small guard shacks.

Every piece of loot (clothing, weapons, items) is categorized into what type it is - civilian, military, construction/industrial, etc. and will be found in the corresponding areas and buildings - like medical supplies will always be found in hospitals and car parts will always be found in garages...

The rest is up to the RNG gods just like any other looter-shooter type game.

VSS rifle is the hardest to find of the newest  guns, it's chopper crash spawn only, to find mags and ammo for it go to Tisy military base. I have found one KA-74 inside civilian barracks more to the north and one in Stary Sobor.

Edited by MaximusDickus

5 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Can anybody tell me what tier military places the new weapons spawn at? In interested in how far inland you got to get to find them, and also how rare they are. Any thoughts about them so far?

This is from the 1.04 types.xml

x2NVlgc.png

This is the latest tier, number of guns spawning etc. It details where the gun will spawn related to tier and location. Tisy is tier 4. Note the nominal number of guns. Note also how the system counts them. The AKM & M4 are counted in cargo, hoarder, and map but not on player. Whereas the top tier weapons FAL/LAR, VSS and SVD are counted in player too. So if players kept their M4, AKM on them, they might not be so rare, but if they store them. . .  The restock time is also interesting for loot cyclers, so its not really worth it . . .

3 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

as you move more west/northwest you’ll slowly find better tier loot such as Tundra, CR-527 bolt-action rifles, the FNX-45 pistol, and SG5k SMG at the smaller tent areas and hunting camps, etc.

When you get to NWAF, Zelenogorsk, major military bases and outposts you’ll be lucky to come across your assault rifles, M4, AK, etc.

Tisy is the most Northwestern military loot spawn which should grant you the best tier loot besides the random helicopter crashes if you run across one of those you’ll probably pick up a VSS or VSD, maybe an LAR and some other gear if you’re extremely lucky.

Nothing is guaranteed, it’s all up to the RNG gods and if someone has looted recently before you arrive.

For a VSS (3 nom) , VSD (4 nom) or a FAL/LAR (4 nom) you need to be more than just lucky on a sixty person server. The deloot flag means dynamic loot - helicopter spawn. The CR 527 and Tundra are surprisingly easy to find.

2 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

I dont think theres an actual 'offical' list of what tiers certain weapons fall into, its all just based on what category the weapon falls into.

Every piece of loot (clothing, weapons, items) is categorized into what type it is - civilian, military, construction/industrial, etc. and will be found in the corresponding areas and buildings - like medical supplies will always be found in hospitals and car parts will always be found in garages...

The rest is up to the RNG gods just like any other looter-shooter type game.

Tier and place matter. Tier and place official list supplied above. RNG unfortunately does have an effect, due to the number of items spawning through each point, and the restock time for each item.

1 hour ago, MaximusDickus said:

VSS rifle is the hardest to find of the newest  guns, it's chopper crash spawn only, to find mags and ammo for it go to Tisy military base. I have found one KA-74 inside civilian barracks more to the north and one in Stary Sobor.

Civilian barracks? Stary is a military evacuation site

• Beans 1

By the way, i been finding a lot of CR 527s in civilian houses, even the magazines are abundant. I supose this gun was duped the hell out too ? Rarely found it before the update.

5 hours ago, aux7 said:

This is from the 1.04 types.xml

x2NVlgc.png

This is the latest tier, number of guns spawning etc. It details where the gun will spawn related to tier and location. Tisy is tier 4. Note the nominal number of guns. Note also how the system counts them. The AKM & M4 are counted in cargo, hoarder, and map but not on player. Whereas the top tier weapons FAL/LAR, VSS and SVD are counted in player too. So if players kept their M4, AKM on them, they might not be so rare, but if they store them. . .  The restock time is also interesting for loot cyclers, so its not really worth it . . .

For a VSS (3 nom) , VSD (4 nom) or a FAL/LAR (4 nom) you need to be more than just lucky on a sixty person server. The deloot flag means dynamic loot - helicopter spawn. The CR 527 and Tundra are surprisingly easy to find.

Tier and place matter. Tier and place official list supplied above. RNG unfortunately does have an effect, due to the number of items spawning through each point, and the restock time for each item.

Thank you, just was I was looking for! 🙂

6 hours ago, aux7 said:

8 hours ago, MaximusDickus said:

I have found one KA-74 inside civilian barracks more to the north and one in Stary Sobor.

I have found one KA-74 inside civilian barracks/ summer camp site close to tiny Tisy town AND one KA-74 in Stary Sobor.

Aux7 are you able to post where you got this info or more charts of gear and weapon attachments?