Tino81

Sickness

Have you tried taking multivitamins with the tetracycline? Multivitamins increase resistance to disease and I think they speed up recovery as well. Haven't tried this combo yet so don't know if it works.

32 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

I assume then this has something to do with eating raw meat or not cleaning hands after hunting in DayZ etc... of which there are no pills in DayZ 🙂

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Character_Status

Yeah ate raw beef out of desperation being a fresh spawn lol, there's me thinking it would be ok because it's beef 🤷‍♂️

Looks like it takes time naturally to get rid of it, just have to see how it goes I think. Even tried drinking the alcohol tincture as well 🤣 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

Looks like it takes time naturally to get rid of it, just have to see how it goes I think. Even tried drinking the alcohol tincture as well 🤣 

Haha I tried that, but only a little 😂

• Haha 2

As has already been mentioned. You need to use alcohol tincture on your rags. Make sure you combine the alcohol with an entire stack of 6, rather than 1 at at time. Bandages don’t need disinfecting as they are already sterile. There is, supposedly, a penalty for the infection. I believe it increases the rate of dehydration. It’s pretty minor though.

Tetracycline is the only thing that will cure the infection.

Edited by ThePugman

1 hour ago, Tino81 said:

I did this too 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FearFokkol said:

Haha I tried that, but only a little 😂

I think I drank it all, shame there's no drunk element to it 😅

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

I took the entire pack. That did not cure it. Neither did anything else. And yes I even took the pills every 30 seconds or so till they were all gone.

THIS IS A BUG.

I know how to play and I know how to heal and medicate. I'm telling everyone here that this will not go away. I remain sick and I'm ready to suicide this character just to prove a point 

I am not telling you what is happening for you specifically - I ain't there so I dont know what you done to get it or done to get rid of it and how.

I am telling about a general bug that is flowing around.

And you need to take a pill until it does not work anymore (that is way more then 30 seconds) and then keep doing it.

Took me 3 tetracyline pills to get rid of the sick symbol after using rags. Used a pill waited until the pill icon disappeared and popped another. 

3 pills later and finally got rid of it. 

Don't keep taking pills until the pill symbol on the bottom right corner is gone 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:20 AM, GolemNo9 said:

I keep seeing someone of you saying you have taken pills. But have you taken the alcohol ? Drink some , then disinfect the cuts , disinfect rags and see if that works. If you just have an icon but nothing is happening then yes it probably is bugged. But I know several people who can not stop vomiting until the use the alcohol and pills  

Yes, I have taken everything medical you can imagine and some. I've been so careful to not become infected and yet I still continue to become sick.

I carry alcohol on me, I chlorinate my water every single time, I shoot zombies on sight to prevent being infected, I took every medicine on this game by the pack, I clean everything, keep disinfectant at my tent.

This is a bug and needs to be addressed ASAP

I got sick once from a punch from an infected. I took a tetra and that shifted it after one tablet. I've disinfected rags ever since and not had any more infection. Also threw up after drinking from a well when I got the full stomach icon but it never seems to cause me any problem if I drink till I'm full from my cooking pot.