Tino81

Sickness

Anyone know how to get rid of the sick bug on here? Tried all sorts and nothing works lol

Find tetracycline pills or chlorinate your water and drink small small amounts at a time. Do not induce vomiting 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm having the same issue. Taken all the steps but it doesnt go away. That said, it hasn't effected my food or water when playing.

• Like 1

I had an infection from a zombie punch and took one tetracycline and also splashed some alcohol about. It did the trick. Not sure if the alcohol does anything but one pill cured the infection

7 minutes ago, MaximusDickus said:

I have no luck finding chlorine tablets 

That actually makes 2 of us. I cant find a shovel for whatever reason as well

2 minutes ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

Ya, i have only seen one shovel this far in garage type of building .

4 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Anyone know how to get rid of the sick bug on here? Tried all sorts and nothing works lol

Same here, i ate 12 tetracycline pills, didn't help. I had kind of funny bug today, drank too much water and my character started vomiting his guts out every 15-20 seconds or so, after 10 minutes of continues vomiting i decided to re log.

9 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Been ill since the update , couldn’t find any tetra at first so was munching on charcoal and codeine tablets. I have finally found some and I’m currently munching on them..... still ill 😂

9 hours ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

Dear stands.

13 hours ago, donnyuk78 said:

Been ill since the update , couldn’t find any tetra at first so was munching on charcoal and codeine tablets. I have finally found some and I’m currently munching on them..... still ill 😂

The charcoal tablets did not work for me. I was popping them like m&ms and was still sick. Even after drinking chlorinated water during that whole time and eating canned food. Charcoal tablets need to be fixed lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

The charcoal tablets did not work for me. I was popping them like m&ms and was still sick. Even after drinking chlorinated water during that whole time and eating canned food. Charcoal tablets need to be fixed lol

Which illness were you trying to fix though? They all cure different things. 

Its seems like alcohol tincture is what is needed for the sickness alot of people are coming in contact with. And cuts needs to be disinfected 

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Which illness were you trying to fix though? They all cure different things. 

Well now that you mention it I have tried almost everything and I'm still sick.

Took a whole pack of terticyclin, charcoal tablets, used a saline bag, took codeine pills, cleaned my water with chlorine... nothing works. I'm still sick and I have no idea why. This has to be a bug

Edited by POUNDYOUSILLY
Grammar

Also I have the amoeba symbol in the bottom right. The one that usually means you drank dirty water or dirty hands or whatever. I got it after I curbed stomped a zombie on the coast. I was bleeding so I used a rag, which was clean but not soaked in alcohol. And ever since then I've been sick. I will try one more thing before I give up completely. I will let a zombie hit me till I bleed, blow his head off with buckshot and soak a rag in alcohol to see if that works

If you guys get sick without knowing why then here is the explanation:

Rags now gives an infection when used to close wounds (bandages should not as they are sterile), and that gives you the infection - tetracycline fixes it though,you might need to take several after each other, let them one at a time and keep taking one more if you are still sick after its duration.

You can disinfect the rags with alcohol solution and then they don't cause any infection - I tested it myself both with un-disinfected rags and disinfected rags.

I've been reading a bit around and the sickness from it does not seem to actually do anything yet (I was running around with it for 1.5-2 hours yesterday without noticing anything else then the icon), we just get the sickness-icon in the corner, but no bad effects from it.

It does make it impossible to see if you are getting sick from something else though, but it wont actually do anything negative - yet.

Alcohol is easy to find though, and a bottle can sterilize 5 or 6 whole bundles of rags, each with 6 in them - so at least 30 rags pr bottle. 🙂

Edited by Jonas Levin

10 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

If you guys get sick without knowing why then here is the explanation:

Rags now gives an infection when used to close wounds (bandages should not as they are sterile), and that gives you the infection - tetracycline fixes it though,you might need to take several after each other, let them one at a time and keep taking one more if you are still sick after its duration.

You can disinfect the rags with alcohol solution and then they don't cause any infection - I tested it myself both with un-disinfected rags and disinfected rags.

I've been reading a bit around and the sickness from it does not seem to actually do anything yet (I was running around with it for 1.5-2 hours yesterday without noticing anything else then the icon), we just get the sickness-icon in the corner, but no bad effects from it.

It does make it impossible to see if you are getting sick from something else though, but it wont actually do anything negative - yet.

Alcohol is easy to find though, and a bottle can sterilize 5 or 6 whole bundles of rags, each with 6 in them - so at least 30 rags pr bottle. 🙂

6 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

Took like 4 or 5 pills Goddamn

I took the entire pack. That did not cure it. Neither did anything else. And yes I even took the pills every 30 seconds or so till they were all gone.

THIS IS A BUG.

I know how to play and I know how to heal and medicate. I'm telling everyone here that this will not go away. I remain sick and I'm ready to suicide this character just to prove a point 

I agree, this is definitely a bug. I have one character that's been sick since the update, nothing will cure him. Every once in awhile he starts throwing up and won't stop, have to re-log. Had a great time yesterday running through the woods as someone took pot shots at me while I stopped every 30 seconds to purge... saved by server restart.

49 minutes ago, took g said:

I agree, this is definitely a bug. I have one character that's been sick since the update, nothing will cure him. Every once in awhile he starts throwing up and won't stop, have to re-log. Had a great time yesterday running through the woods as someone took pot shots at me while I stopped every 30 seconds to purge... saved by server restart.

Have you tried charcoal tablets?

They are against stomach infections from eating bad food.

I keep seeing someone of you saying you have taken pills. But have you taken the alcohol ? Drink some , then disinfect the cuts , disinfect rags and see if that works. If you just have an icon but nothing is happening then yes it probably is bugged. But I know several people who can not stop vomiting until the use the alcohol and pills