Seen it All

Things I noticed about 1.04

-  Sounds of breathing while wearing helmet (love it)

-  Different sounds when hitting objects with mele weapons 

- You can no longer spam the x button to find open sea containers (makes you go to throw action)

- Distance to interact with objects has been increased

-  Attaching glow stick to back pack is awesome

-  Not sure if this was a coincidence, but I found a dead body next to a road flare.  When standing the in the light of flare it seemed to agro zombies towards me

-  Killing Z's seems easier

-  Cannot loot any gear off zombies

-  Cannot eat raw chicken anymore without getting sick

-  Love that shoes wear

-  Graphics of objects are better.   Never knew that they were chick coups, thought they were power boxes...lol

-  Forgot how precious your gear is.  The god tents everywhere made me run and gun, now have to be cautious....love it!

-  New server hop feature is amazing!!!  Didn't realize that it affects you the next day.  Makes it important to play on the same server all the time

-  Shoot on sight is still a thing.  I was up north and some idiot shot me from 5 feet, missed and I was on the mic saying take my gear, rob me, don't kill me.   after a 5 min chase he finished me off (i didn't have a gun)

-  In the quick hotkey selection the directional control is adjusted for inverted players (got used to the old way, now having to relearn.

Edited by Seen it All
  • Like 2

You can take gear off zombies, have empty hands, hold A on the item and press RB, will move it to your hands. :)

• Like 6
  • Beans 2

I'm really enjoying this new update so far.. I think it's exactly what we needed and for the most part it seems to be living up to the hype!  Getting loot off zombies can be tricky, but I have had luck with the tip above.

One thing I've found interesting is that you no longer spawn with a can of soda or a stone knife.. might just have been the private server I was playing on though.

• Like 1

Survival is better and harder, you find less food and drink, get sick easier, sickness is harder to cure, zombies can infect you.

And yes Maximus, original xbox here, HUGE performance improvement.

• Like 3

- If you tap A you jump faster than if you hold A. 

- you can hold Y with a mag in your hand to reload it if you have ammo. 

- can loot military bases without wondering who’s gonna server hop and shoot you in the back. 

- you no longer get a weapon to kill yourself if you don’t like the spawn or character. 

- you can throw a piece of paper out of sight but can’t throw a backpack 10 feet. 

- if you throw something close to a zombie, it will agro on you instead of the object. 

56 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

Survival is better and harder, you find less food and drink, get sick easier, sickness is harder to cure, zombies can infect you.

And yes Maximus, original xbox here, HUGE performance improvement.

That is great to hear brother! So far this has been good update overall for the Xbox. ✌️ 

I'll be honest and say I want expecting such an improvement in frame rate in big cities but so far it is really good. Get the occasional stutter every now and again, but barely noticeable. I played on two different servers yesterday. The first server I played on most of the day until I died. It ran really smoothly. I swapped server with a newish spawn to see where it would throw me. It seemed quite far inland but was dark so couldn't tell for sure. One thing I noticed though, this second server seemed to have a very slight lag opening doors that the first server didn't have. Not sure what would cause that. 

I’ve been loving the update so far. Private servers are an absolute blast, especially the RP ones.

I was so thrilled to see that hit detection on infected is much better than 1.0. Also the inverted weapon wheel has been fixed, thank you! The sound effects are much better and more accurate which makes for a more immersive experience.

All in all great work BI!

I have a concern with the "desync?", ie: not being able to see what a partner is holding or has dropped, not being able to remove items from containers, inventory management type stuff... a temporary solution is to log off and immediately rejoin the server. This isn't so bad on private servers because there is no queue to get back in. On public servers it's a big issue because there can be particularly long queues, especially during peak hours.

Is this problem due to the switch to nitrado servers?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anyeurysm said:

I have a concern with the "desync?", ie: not being able to see what a partner is holding or has dropped, not being able to remove items from containers, inventory management type stuff... a temporary solution is to log off and immediately rejoin the server. This isn't so bad on private servers because there is no queue to get back in. On public servers it's a big issue because there can be particularly long queues, especially during peak hours.

Is this problem due to the switch to nitrado servers?

That is the only real problem I've run into myself so far (there are a bunch of minors to, but those are ok with me so far), and it was also here in the last patch.

And the first couple of days it was a pain in the rear having to leave the server and rejoin as they were all full and with a solid queue.

Its better now that the rush have cooled off a bit, but still quite annoying.