Jake Blake

"DayZ development team in a nutshell"

1 minute ago, lex__1 said:

I give three examples, without a moon, a low moon and a full moon. The position of the camera in the pictures does not change, the silhouette of the horizon and the tree are almost equally visible in all three pictures.

Hide contents

RWlgj7z.png

PJsi9IF.png

Dhtf1wu.png

No, I meant clear sky or cloud and rain. I assume they are all the same, but I recall difference way back though I may be mistaken. 

25 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, I meant clear sky or cloud and rain. I assume they are all the same, but I recall difference way back though I may be mistaken. 

There are months of the year when the phase positions of the earth and the sun reproduce the intense glow of the sky on the horizon. But such time periods are very short in a year and this period is rarely reproduced in the game. The shortest dark nights in summer, and long dark nights in winter. The presence of the moon in the sky is often in almost every month, but it does not work well as a light source.

In, for example, this picture is three in the morning, and there is a glow of the horizon. In this scene, it is the horizon that creates intense landscape lighting, and moonlight does not work.

rcL8bfc.png

Edited by lex__1

In this video, I record the time at three in the morning and change only the seasons. We see different intensities of nighttime horizon lighting in different periods of the year, but the moon does not produce good lighting for these scenes.
Most of the annual period in DayZ we have black nights due to the low intensity of moonlight.

Edited by lex__1

LOVE IT, Devs are doing great work and the game is coming a long nicely. Servers are populated and it is becoming what DayZ used to be, a hardcore survival game!

On 8/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I think the night is OK as it is in terms of illumination and length, but I would like maybe another hour of daylight, even if that was a longer dusk/dawn. I like the half light at these times. Very atmospheric. 

Yes! Longer dusk/dawn. Those are the best times of the night, but they’re gone in the blink of an eye. I also believe that days should be 3 or 4 hours long. I believe it’s 2 hours at the moment, which is far too quick. I love night, but it annoys me when it rolls around again so quickly.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 2:14 AM, lex__1 said:

In DayZ, moonlight has a low intensity. The lack of moonlight intensity creates a meager night picture in the game.
The game loses a lot of night colors and beautiful night scenes / landscapes, due to the lack of proper moonlight.8pTfkgE.jpg

Good example! 

On 8/11/2019 at 3:26 AM, Max Planck said:

Topic cleaned, and someone is on a long break. Thanks for reporting instead of responding in kind.

I'm glad you were able to get some people off my back. I'm also glad I didn't get the banhammer considering I can't help myself but to reply to some of these smart-ass comments.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:45 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, I don't see a pattern. I do see people moan whatever devs do to the game. I can also see just enough to see where I'm going. Maybe you're TV is too dark but I'm sure the nights are slightly lighter because before the update I couldn't see anything and now I can. Maybe if its that bad for you, join a private server with a three second night. How's that for immersive realism. 

So you don't see a pattern, but then you see a pattern when somebody posts an actual photo.?. It's almost like some people just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I love DayZ, it's been my favourite game for years, but when people don't speak up about issues nothing ever gets fixed. It's important to cry out and speak up, no need to kiss up to the devs when tons of people have been complaining about how dark it is. Glad you finally saw the point we were trying to make.

Edited by Jake Blake

46 minutes ago, Jake Blake said:

So you don't see a pattern, but then you see a pattern when somebody posts an actual photo.?. It's almost like some people just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I love DayZ, it's been my favourite game for years, but when people don't speak up about issues nothing ever gets fixed. It's important to cry out and speak up, no need to kiss up to the devs when tons of people have been complaining about how dark it is. Glad you finally saw the point we were trying to make.

I'm not sucking up to anyone. I like the night. I would personally dislike the night if there was no need for torches, nvgs, etc. I'm not disputing that the moon doesn't give any illumination in the game. I dare say there are as many people who like the night as dislike it. But now everyone has the option thanks to private servers. 

It's also worth noting that the whole point of forums is to discuss these things. I'm sure there are plenty of private servers with short nights. I stand by my statement though. The devs will never please everyone all of the time. You can see in this thread that some like the night as it is and some don't. Personally, the nighttime changes the whole dynamic of the game and would be a little boring without it. I'd like to see day last a little longer and especially dawn and dusk. 

As for understanding your point, yes, I always understood that you want a lighter night. I think it's fine as it is, but that's just my opinion and this is just discussion. But if you want to call it arguing for arguments sake then I'm fine with that. It's all irrelevant at the end of the day, just pedantic semantics. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Drunken Cheetah said:

Why did you use "Frank" as an example name haha. Frank is a known, as the most toxic arma 3 life server owner. 

Gotta fuckin love Frank!