Jake Blake

"DayZ development team in a nutshell"

John ; "hey frank? Look at all those players on the Forum talking about how horrible night time is!" 

Frank ; "let's make them play in it!!" 

John ; "oh oh, and, let's put night vision goggles in for the ones that make it to the military bases first!?!" 

Frank ; "oh Shit yeah! Let's do that all without testing, too make sure it doesn't break anything!..." 

2 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

John ; "hey frank? Look at all those players on the Forum talking about how horrible night time is!" 

Frank ; "let's make them play in it!!" 

John ; "oh oh, and, let's put night vision goggles in for the ones that make it to the military bases first!?!" 

Frank ; "oh Shit yeah! Let's do that all without testing, too make sure it doesn't break anything!..." 

A while back it was... 

Hey Frank

Yeah John? 

Look at all these people complaining there is no night time. 

Do you see a pattern forming? 

• Like 4

Just add moonlit nights. The nights look monotonous, always in complete darkness and look like a trek in a cave.
A common phenomenon for servers, where for KoS there are no restrictions on the rules of the game on the server, when night falls, players leave the server. Players do not want to glow in the dark like bait with a beacon. Server administrators who take care of this turn off the night time.
Yes, there are players who like the night time, but there are very few of them. But I guess that these players also do not have enthusiasm for blind darkness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

when night falls, players leave the server

Not any more they don't, unless they want a random spawn point 😜

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Not any more they don't, unless they want a random spawn point 😜

They do not switch to another server, they simply do not play, waiting for daylight on the same server.

I think the night is OK as it is in terms of illumination and length, but I would like maybe another hour of daylight, even if that was a longer dusk/dawn. I like the half light at these times. Very atmospheric. 

• Thanks 1

I like how dark it is at night, its the one thing most devs get wrong where as Bohemia have put in measures to prevent people abusing gamma. Night is supposed to be dark there's plenty of light sources, yes they do make you a target but you can see without them.

Last night I was driving (lights dont work) and I could see well enough to drive on roads but off road I had to get a friend to guide me with a torch. Its realistic and fits perfectly in a hardcore survival game. 

I mean seriously, loading mags, purifying water, cutting your feet or hands because your shoes/gloves broke. but night time is to much?

• Like 1

Night time adds a different dynamic to dayz. even with out NVGs use a glow stick head torch or a normal torch now that you can stick them to bags even better. its a survival game. some of the best interactions and gun fights i ve had have been at night if you don't like night or playing in the dark i m afraid you have got the wrong game. 

i do think days could be a bit longer but the length of the night time is fine.

Edited by leem1981

Night time is way too dark and on top there is this anoying film grey effect which makes it even worse. If you walk tinto woods it should be "dark" but on open fields and streets their should be some source of "moonlight" (especialy if its full moon, without clouds). That would be realistic, the film grey stuff and complete darkness makes it "unrealistic"....

I really can't understand how people like this kind of nights! Imho the devs should fix/adjust the night time and make it "more realistic". But I'm okay if you fix the serious bugs first (e.g. fix the damn NVG's)!!!! 😉

23 minutes ago, leem1981 said:

Good idea, +1

I play on a one x with a 4k monitor dont see any of this grey effect people moan about 

1 hour ago, leem1981 said:

Night time adds a different dynamic to dayz. even with out NVGs use a glow stick head torch or a normal torch now that you can stick them to bags even better. its a survival game. some of the best interactions and gun fights i ve had have been at night if you don't like night or playing in the dark i m afraid you have got the wrong game. 

I agree, the dynamics are changing, the atmosphere and so on ... But the competition of players in the game is virtually absent at night. There are very few who want to compete with a flashlight against NVG, be a bright spot in the night dark and risk attracting attention to themselves. In such conditions, players try not to use light sources, or rarely use light - this stage in the game cannot be called an “attractive atmosphere”. It is foolish to hope that the players on the server do not have NVG or an optical sight with NVG. No one is interested in running without a light source, tripping over each obstacle. For most players, this is a choice between stupidity and a reasonable decision not to play nightly stories.
Blind night is a bad period of player activity for PvP servers, but plays well with the atmosphere for PvE servers.

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

I personally love the night-time and that people are forced to it unless they wanna get throw all over.

Its a hardcore simulation-game, better get used to it. 🙂

2 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Its a hardcore simulation-game, better get used to it. 🙂

What to get used to? To the game in a black screen ....

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

You ever gonna understand this game is trying its Best to be most realistic it can be.

What is the realism of the game, is that the moon is in the sky and unable to shine? I hardly see the road underfoot ..

Pdy4JzD.png

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 2

Well I've been running around at night able to see roads and other things just enough to be able to navigate around. If anything, I'd say night is every so slightly lighter than before. I'm sure it doesn't last as long either, but haven't timed it yet. 

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well I've been running around at night able to see roads and other things just enough to be able to navigate around. If anything, I'd say night is every so slightly lighter than before. I'm sure it doesn't last as long either, but haven't timed it yet.  

I tried DayZ PC 1.4, changed the time, days and months in the mission .... regardless of whether the high full or low moon - this does not affect the lighting. We just have a disk in the sky with a picture of the moon, but it does not work as a light source.

If the moon were a source of light, on moonlit nights one could have an interesting atmospheric picture in a clear sky, or in combination with clouds, with fog.

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

just use a light source you fuckin pussies, its the way game is, stop being little cuck bitches and turn on a torch. There's a reason its in the game you cunts. I'm sick of people complaining about the nighttime.

I already understood about your strange idea of reality. Sorry, I don’t know the reasons why you have no idea of a "moonlit night." If it is difficult for you to conduct a dialogue on this topic, perhaps it is not for you.

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:04 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

A while back it was... 

Hey Frank

Yeah John? 

Look at all these people complaining there is no night time. 

Do you see a pattern forming? 

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. I'm not complaining this a night time, I actually like that there's a night time. But the fact that the moon can be in the sky and the ground be pitch-black is unrealistic. Do you see a pattern here?

1 hour ago, Jake Blake said:

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. I'm not complaining this a night time, I actually like that there's a night time. But the fact that the moon can be in the sky and the ground be pitch-black is unrealistic. Do you see a pattern here?

No, I don't see a pattern. I do see people moan whatever devs do to the game. I can also see just enough to see where I'm going. Maybe you're TV is too dark but I'm sure the nights are slightly lighter because before the update I couldn't see anything and now I can. Maybe if its that bad for you, join a private server with a three second night. How's that for immersive realism. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

In DayZ, moonlight has a low intensity. The lack of moonlight intensity creates a meager night picture in the game.
The game loses a lot of night colors and beautiful night scenes / landscapes, due to the lack of proper moonlight.8pTfkgE.jpg

Edited by lex__1

30 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

In DayZ, moonlight has a low intensity. The lack of moonlight intensity creates a meager night picture in the game.
The game loses a lot of night colors and beautiful night scenes / landscapes, due to the lack of proper moonlight.8pTfkgE.jpg

The 'real' photo is a long exposure. 

19 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The 'real' photo is a long exposure. 

Small / large photo exposure is important for film. The human eye is able to see this picture without exposure. In DayZ, the Moonlight Path on the water is almost invisible. I specifically cited three lunar path images as an example. Arma3 has good moonlight.
As I wrote earlier, in DayZ the presence / absence of the moon in the sky does not change the lighting of the environment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Small / large photo exposure is important for film. The human eye is able to see this picture without exposure. In DayZ, the Moonlight Path on the water is almost invisible. I specifically cited three lunar path images as an example. Arma3 has good moonlight.
As I wrote earlier, in DayZ the presence / absence of the moon in the sky does not change the lighting of the environment.

You are correct on both points. So far, I have only been in a night time server when the sky has been clear and I can see enough to make our where a road is without a torch. I remember way back when we had the forty day flood and night it was a lot darker. Can anyone comment on the effects of weather at night and light levels? 

Topic cleaned, and someone is on a long break. Thanks for reporting instead of responding in kind.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Can anyone comment on the effects of weather at night and light levels? 

I give three examples, without a moon, a low moon and a full moon. The position of the camera in the pictures does not change, the silhouette of the horizon and the tree are almost equally visible in all three pictures.

Spoiler

RWlgj7z.png

PJsi9IF.png

Dhtf1wu.png