Ryan JG

My 1.04 Experience

My god have I been waiting for this patch! The last month has been very painful in the DayZ world but this, so far, has been very good.

Early on, I noticed players being more willing to talk as a fresh spawn on the coast and even more friendly. I wish this would be still the case once they were geared up. I found a few players to join in the looting and hitting military locations together... hell I love the fact that there is something to loot and that you actually have to put in work to find what you are after. This felt like 'DayZ' of old and I hope that doesn't change in a week or two.

I hear rumors of duping but have not yet come across a player that claims to have done it. I use to all the time. Hopefully those DayZ are gone and we can move on.

But what I've notice is that those DayZ have left a bad smudge on the community. Those DayZ of dupers chasing kills on the coast have left players blood thirsty. I've noticed people are gearing up and heading back to the coast for kills and this upsets me as I miss feeling worried that someone is just around the corner at VMC or the NWAF. I wonder if the game would be better if you could spawn anywhere on the map and you might be luck getting one near a base. Might bring some players in land for a change.

The game feels a lot smoother but I do get the occasional lag bubble around major cities and that is something I had missed. Looting in cities.

I think the biggest issue for me right now is the inventory. It is extremely buggy for me with some items becoming randomly duped; while other items completely vanish from my inventory all together. My friend lost his geared M4!

I've also had many sound issues like. Punches from players sounding like gun shots, radio static not going away once turned off and the most frustrating of all; not hearing shots at all. I almost died because I couldn't hear an SK that was shooting just meters away from me.

The patch isn't bug free but is a step in the right direction, I just hope players take a step forward as well.

• Like 4

Ya i agree for the most part, lots of small inventory bugs... but the performance.. my god it runs so well (im on the OneX) just being able to see my buddy run infront of me & seeing the animation without any desync and the smooth frames was great, even when your around alot of people with light sources or in a gunfight it's ran great for me. I can't explain how happy i am to finally enjoy this game fully, though there are some annoying bugs still, it's a big step forward. Im just happy to see this game can actually run well on console.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

I'm just happy to see this game can actually run well on console.

100% it is really getting there.

I think now its time for the community to play a little smarter. I'm all for PvP but a little in game chat really transforms this game. Growth of factions and trading will make a huge difference.

But from a player who loves the game but has hated it's development; this has been a refreshing up date.

Yep I concur, few bugs added but the majority if new additions are great. I'm just happy the CLE is working again, a simple server & character wipe every month would keep me playing but all new content is most welcome. Glad everyone else seems to be enjoining it too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yep I concur, few bugs added but the majority if new additions are great. I'm just happy the CLE is working again, a simple server & character wipe every month would keep me playing but all new content is most welcome. Glad everyone else seems to be enjoining it too

Chances of me surviving a whole month are probably slim, but a monthly wipe is NOT a viable answer for any problems that might crop up.  I am a busy guy, and might get to play maybe an average of 8 hours a week.  I would just be getting things going and a wipe would happen?  No thanks.

Like @Stagman70, I too also don't get on for days at a time because of work and family commitments. I also see the sense on what Yeti is saying. Ideally we want duping eliminated. But even though I don't like the idea of regular wipes, it seems preferable to tent city. I guess the best thing is to wait and see how bad the duping gets. 

I think it's a whole different world as apprised to the rubbish it had become. I don't mind people killing me. It would be boring if that wasn't a constant possibility. But full steam ahead for this survivor. Good luck out there.

I think this update overall is a step in the right direction. My fear is that by 1.05 everything will be broken again, i'm really loving the performance but whern 1.05 reaches i don't want to see buldings turning white and freezing again, i really hope that Bohemia learns with update and only improves further on.