Sign in to follow this  
john garcia

Water food, etc.

Not really thrilled with the new drinking from a pump. I the past I would drink until full. Soon as seeing the full icon I would stop and My character would not vomit and could go a good distance before drinking again. Last night I tried same tactic but I would vomit as soon as the full icon displayed.

Seems that the food and water meters are running down faster than before. Also wishing the night cycle was a little less. I get too scared in the dark of zombies to run and loot, and I am paranoid to travel since I might get hunted when they see my torch or flashlight. Same reason I don't do campfires at night. TBH I'm not good at pvp so thats why I try to avoid conflict. 

• Beans 1

You drink ALOT faster from a pump now then you did before, maybe 10-20 times faster - so you get your stomach full _really_ fast, and the icon usually does not show up until a bit after you are full (just like your health-bar does not go read until about a second after you get shot) so when you see it it is usually already to late to stop drinking if you don't want to puke.

They probably need to decrease the water-consumption when drinking from a pump, its way faster then drinking from a bottle or anything else.

• Like 1

Hmm well that is the game, it is supposed to be hard to survive and using light at night should be a risk 😉. Furthermore, there should be full day/night cycles, it makes the game awesome. I was in yesterday, fresh spawn at night and popped my flare to look balota until the sun came up. It was intense. You should have to use something to see, you should not be able to adjust your setting to see at night, it takes away from the game. The zombie seem a little easier to survive so that should not be an issue, even with a torch or flare. I think the game is coming a long great.

There are more pressing issues that need to be fixed, such as this duping problem.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:32 PM, john garcia said:

Not really thrilled with the new drinking from a pump. I the past I would drink until full. Soon as seeing the full icon I would stop and My character would not vomit and could go a good distance before drinking again. Last night I tried same tactic but I would vomit as soon as the full icon displayed.

Seems that the food and water meters are running down faster than before. Also wishing the night cycle was a little less. I get too scared in the dark of zombies to run and loot, and I am paranoid to travel since I might get hunted when they see my torch or flashlight. Same reason I don't do campfires at night. TBH I'm not good at pvp so thats why I try to avoid conflict. 

Yeah what I have learnt from drinking from the pump is that if my drink icon is displayed as yellow, drink from the pump two full cycles and wait as that fills the icon almost completely, then I do another half to one full cycle after that.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:08 PM, ShallowTech said:

Hmm well that is the game, it is supposed to be hard to survive and using light at night should be a risk 😉. Furthermore, there should be full day/night cycles, it makes the game awesome. I was in yesterday, fresh spawn at night and popped my flare to look balota until the sun came up. It was intense. You should have to use something to see, you should not be able to adjust your setting to see at night, it takes away from the game. The zombie seem a little easier to survive so that should not be an issue, even with a torch or flare. I think the game is coming a long great.

There are more pressing issues that need to be fixed, such as this duping problem.

I was traveling at dusk, listening to a hunting rifle go off out in the distance for about 20 minutes.  I showed up at a hunting camp when the sun was starting to set, and in the main lodge, there were people and the the doors were locked.  I put away my shotty, yelled out that I wasn't an ass-hat, and walked out so they could see me through a window.  More rifle shots go off.  I convinced them that I wasn't a threat (which I'm not) and to let me in (which I could have done anyway because I have a lockpick).  We did some "horse trading" and decided to hang out because IT.......GOT.......DARK, which I like BTW, and here's why.  One of the dudes wanted to go out and check the cabins again, so he headed out, about 5 seconds later he turned to come back because it was TOO dark, and next thing we knew, gunshots rang out, bullets came zipping through the door, and SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF US.  We were all like WTF, and to top THAT off, a zed spawned in upstairs and ran downstairs to the sounds of gunfire.  Long story short, we killed the zed, and one of my new-found friends killed the guy that shot at him outside the door.  He had a Tundra with about 140 rounds, NVG's, an AK-74, several grenades, and your general mix of food and drink.  We think that this guy was probably the one that was doing all the shooting earlier.  I told them that the gun I heard earlier wasn't an SVD or an AK variant, so he wasn't using a night scope, so he had to have NVG's......and this guy did (even though they apparently don't work yet?  I don't know).  Anyway, it's the build-up of anticipation, good OR bad, and the brief adrenaline rush that is so intriguing with this game.  The update, even with it's minor flaws, is still the best so far, and is definitely a move in the right direction.  If 1.04 is the new metric, then 1.05 should be even better.

Edited by Stagman70
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

I was traveling at dusk, listening to a hunting rifle go off out in the distance for about 20 minutes.  I showed up at a hunting camp when the sun was starting to set, and in the main lodge, there were people and the the doors were locked.  I put away my shotty, yelled out that I wasn't an ass-hat, and walked out so they could see me through a window.  More rifle shots go off.  I convinced them that I wasn't a threat (which I'm not) and to let me in (which I could have done anyway because I have a lockpick).  We did some "horse trading" and decided to hang out because IT.......GOT.......DARK, which I like BTW, and here's why.  One of the dudes wanted to go out and check the cabins again, so he headed out, about 5 seconds later he turned to come back because it was TOO dark, and next thing we knew, gunshots rang out, bullets came zipping through the door, and SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF US.  We were all like WTF, and to top THAT off, a zed spawned in upstairs and ran downstairs to the sounds of gunfire.  Long story short, we killed the zed, and one of my new-found friends killed the guy that shot at him outside the door.  He had a Tundra with about 140 rounds, NVG's, an AK-74, several grenades, and your general mix of food and drink.  We think that this guy was probably the one that was doing all the shooting earlier.  I told them that the gun I heard earlier wasn't an SVD or an AK variant, so he wasn't using a night scope, so he had to have NVG's......and this guy did (even though they apparently don't work yet?  I don't know).  Anyway, it's the build-up of anticipation, good OR bad, and the brief adrenaline rush that is so intriguing with this game.  The update, even with it's minor flaws, is still the best so far, and is definitely a move in the right direction.  If 1.04 is the new metric, then 1.05 should be even better.

This is what makes the game fun! Difficult situations, the random unknown events that happen just from playing and this is why we play! When we are fairly geared and do no have a good light source we will stop in cabins. Normally start a fire, cook our food and manage our inventory! Good time to get this stuff done. Furthermore, the lighting looks badass at night. It is always cool to come across a building with the fireplace going with the glow of the fire coming out the windows! Really good stuff!