Dienahard Gammin

Sick un heal able disease

I’m in hospital I’ve tried everything ate raw meat. All pills 💊 I’m bout to die and gonna try gasoline. Any other suggestions please 

Jump off a building?

Or run down a hill and jump, that did me when I first started playing 😂

What kind of meat? If it’s animal meat, you need to take charcoal tablets. Take one and a drug symbol will appear. If the sickness symbol is still there once the drug symbol has gone, take another charcoal tablet. Repeat, this process until the drug symbol has gone.

If you ate human meat, and your character is laughing maniacally. There is no cure.

I ate raw beef steak last night thinking it was safe and I'm sick also.  My Friday night will be spent hunting meds 👍

54 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Since when do you get sick from raw meat? 

That's been in quite a while now. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

wasn't a thing until this update

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

wasn't a thing until this update

Yes it was, raw chicken definitely made you ill, as did drinking dirty water. 

If you've been hit by a zombie you can also use the alcohol to disinfect the wound which took care of my sickness 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Odd, never read or heard anyone about this till now. Pretty sure that in 1.03 or earlier I ate raw meat without getting sick. Out or curiosity I will test it in offline mode.

I am ill and have not eaten anything but apples and canned food. Searched thru Dayz WIki site and found mechanic that you have to wash your hands before drinking from pump (which I had done) and I think thats what happened to me. 

Also this new drinking mechanic, seems I get full and vomit very easily and can not get "full" like before. But then also wondering if the illness is a factor.

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Salmonellosis

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Odd, never read or heard anyone about this till now. Pretty sure that in 1.03 or earlier I ate raw meat without getting sick. Out or curiosity I will test it in offline mode.

This is console, sounds like you're on pc so possibly different? 

58 minutes ago, john garcia said:

I am ill and have not eaten anything but apples and canned food. Searched thru Dayz WIki site and found mechanic that you have to wash your hands before drinking from pump (which I had done) and I think thats what happened to me. 

Also this new drinking mechanic, seems I get full and vomit very easily and can not get "full" like before. But then also wondering if the illness is a factor.

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Salmonellosis

I know that if you handle raw meat so that they are blood stained and then use your hands to drink from a well it certainly used to make you ill, so possibly yes. I like it, but it is odd to have such immersion around hand hygiene! 

• Like 1

No raw meat, happened after first fresh spawn after update, was only in game 10-15 minutes at most. Strange huh?

16 minutes ago, john garcia said:

No raw meat, happened after first fresh spawn after update, was only in game 10-15 minutes at most. Strange huh?

Same exact thing happened to me. I didn’t handle any raw meat at all, nor had bloody hands.

I found some canned foods, ate some fruit. Then found a cooking pot filled it up at a well (I only drink from wells). Shortly after I noticed the sickness emblem. 

I went on my way for another hour or two and didn’t notice any difference with my character even though the symbol never went away.

I’m wondering if we have to find alcohol tincture to disinfect everything we consume? That seems a tad overboard.

@Nayte According to the wiki you should wash your hands before drinking from the well. But I didn't see any option for that (maybe I need to look closer?). Tincture idea sounds like its worth a try, of course I was finding them left and right yesterday and never picked one up. Wiki said Tetracyclene pills will cure this but good luck finding any when you need them.

Did you initially drink straight from the well or filled the pot and drank from that?

Im got sick, and I have not been drinking from any well or eaten raw meat.

I did eat a plum (the one I started with) and run around in the rain quite a lot, so im guessing one of those two did it.

Found tetracycline and after taking two (letting the first one work before taking the other) I was good again.

Just got sick again though (took one more which fixed it) and I don't know why, maybe some of my stuff is infected.

5 hours ago, john garcia said:

@Nayte According to the wiki you should wash your hands before drinking from the well. But I didn't see any option for that (maybe I need to look closer?). Tincture idea sounds like its worth a try, of course I was finding them left and right yesterday and never picked one up. Wiki said Tetracyclene pills will cure this but good luck finding any when you need them.

Did you initially drink straight from the well or filled the pot and drank from that?

I never drank from the well directly, filled the cooking pot first, after having a couple sodas.

Looks like I’ll be looking for corrective actions from now instead of preventative until I figure out what the root cause is.

2 hours ago, Riffecreek001 said:

Guys.  It’s from dirty cuts from zombies!!! Use alcohol to disinfect.....

Really?! This is finally a thing?!

That is amazing.

• Like 1

Ah, maybe thats why tincture was SO plentiful during last session.

8 hours ago, Nayte said:

Same exact thing happened to me. I didn’t handle any raw meat at all, nor had bloody hands.

I found some canned foods, ate some fruit. Then found a cooking pot filled it up at a well (I only drink from wells). Shortly after I noticed the sickness emblem. 

I went on my way for another hour or two and didn’t notice any difference with my character even though the symbol never went away.

I’m wondering if we have to find alcohol tincture to disinfect everything we consume? That seems a tad overboard.

I had exactly the same thing , I took a couple of tetracycline pills , charcoal , and codeine . One of them worked . It buggered off ( the amoeba symbol) in the end though . 

14 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yes it was, raw chicken definitely made you ill, as did drinking dirty water. 

Your wrong, I dunno who told you but if you think you got ill from raw meat before this patch you probably got ill from drinking dirty water, there's no patch notes mentioning it and noones ever mentioned it in the forums before this patch, I ate raw meat from day one until this patch and never been ill from it.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:44 PM, RyanS1994 said:

Your wrong, I dunno who told you but if you think you got ill from raw meat before this patch you probably got ill from drinking dirty water, there's no patch notes mentioning it and noones ever mentioned it in the forums before this patch, I ate raw meat from day one until this patch and never been ill from it.

Actually man you are the one that is wrong. I have been playing DayZ on PC and console since day one. Raw meat has always made you sick, drinking from a well with bloody hands can make you sick, drinking from a well in general can make you sick, being in the rain, etc. There might have been a patch that disabled it or broke it at some point but those mechanics have always been in the game. Maybe not always working but they have been there. Anyway, boil water before drinking, wash your hands and if you get sick, well try to find a cure. Take one of everything until you get better 😉