Blades56

Toxin Players

Before the update I could stop and talk to players,
But now every encounter as resulted in me been killed, Whats happened to the player attitude of the PS4 players, its changed.
Im going to start KOS now, Iv spend about 5hrs today playing and killed 6-7 times.
What a shame theres no PvP interaction now other than kill.

It’s been one day. Give it time. The first person I bumped into in Berizino, invited me to a party, and we went all the way to Tisy 

The biggest issue for console interaction will always be the party chat system. So stupid that you have to prioritise one audio.

• Like 2

Its no different to how it was before to be honest, that being said my first encounter after the update was friendly

I've been playing in a community rp server and man, it really feels different. Walking around I felt like I was in significantly less danger. Everyone I met was either an rp player, or trying to rp. (Kinda cringe) lol.

But yeah try some rp servers out, because (on xbox anyway) it's a completely different experience interaction wise. 

Edited by bandito6000
Clarification - 50 slot sever

20 hours ago, Blades56 said:

Before the update I could stop and talk to players,
But now every encounter as resulted in me been killed, Whats happened to the player attitude of the PS4 players, its changed.
Im going to start KOS now, Iv spend about 5hrs today playing and killed 6-7 times.
What a shame theres no PvP interaction now other than kill.

For me this is how it was mostly before the update as well, We try to interact with most players but some people literally just want to shoot and kill on sight, and then you have the fools in party chat hitting the mic button as if you can hear them speak. I wish there was a way to disable party chat for the entire game. Its kills the experience  in my opinion. 

• Like 2

When I first started playing I would offer players food or drink, I would wave to say that I was friendly, I would use the mic to say hello. I wanted to meet other players and play the game, I have even fought Zombies to help a player out.

Now though, now I have no interest in you, I will kill you on sight if I get that opportunity. I will even pretend to be friendly just to get the upper hand. Why lower myself to that standard? If I run around for 2 hours collecting goods only to then come across some one who wants to be macho and kills my character, well then I am going to strike first.

It is a PS4 multiplayer history, players are not friendly-Not as bad as PC players granted-But unfriendly none the less. Why join that category then? I cant set an example on a game no one will know if I did lol. I am however f*cked off with collecting items only then to try and be friendly to some one who then shoots. 

That said if I come across a player who drops to there knees, holds there hands up in the air, I would befriend them.

Problem with Dayz is there is no end game. If I were to play Battlefield 5 firestorm, I would go around collecting lots of equipment, searching and looting, for a specific reason. That reason being an end goal, where as Dayz has no end goal. You can collect and collect all you like, but where are you going to go with this? Just get shot and killed and restart nothing more nothing less.

The point is, players will try and try to collect items, there is no incentive to be friendly after all that collecting. I am of course excluding roll players, they have a great time, or group players, they too have fun. But as a solo player, why should I not just shoot you on sight?

This was just a rant have fun.

We're not all kill on sight players, have some faith in other players. Yes console gamers are more casual and play for a fix of adrenaline rather than role play like more community spirited PC players, but to label everyone a kill on site kind isn't true at all. I've met some great people on Dayz, who thankfully didn't kill me on sight !

Edited by etaab
  • Beans 1

My suggestion would be to stay covert and observe your party/quarry if possible without alerting them.  At a distance, you can decide what the intentions of the other player(s) is/are and decide for yourself if you want to put 'em down, or approach with caution. TRUST NO ONE.  I've seen players kill folks for nothing, just to rummage through their junk, I know how it goes.  To be frank, I believe the way you describe your interactions OP,  well, that's how things would play out in a real life apocalypse of similar nature. You can't be naive and think that others wouldn't be desperate to get your food and water and protect themselves out of fear, shooting others first, not risking getting shot themselves.  Find cover or go indoors and lock yourself in a house with a lock pick, confront others on your terms with as much leverage as you can possibly have.  Always do recon before jogging into the open. Good Luck!!!

I don't shoot others and try to remain observant.  I like travelling at night with a compass and universal flashlight (kept off 90% of the time)... maybe some NVGs, if possible. My rule for travelling at night: Never explore new locations in the dark; make sure you know the area of the map well.  Know your surroundings and don't let your vitals slip past yellow survivors! I almost died due to lack of food a few days ago... which was whack.  A human can live for several days, even a week or more without food if properly hydrated... my stamina dropped so fast when my stomach was in the red and my health immediately started dropping too.  I literally almost died in 30 mins after my stomach went to the red.  I like the stamina drop when hungry and this can be expanded to further penalize a large carry weight, but your condition deteriorates too quickly and you can die from starvation in an unrealistic way.  

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2019 at 7:00 PM, Dancedwithlions said:

When I first started playing I would offer players food or drink, I would wave to say that I was friendly, I would use the mic to say hello. I wanted to meet other players and play the game, I have even fought Zombies to help a player out.

Now though, now I have no interest in you, I will kill you on sight if I get that opportunity. I will even pretend to be friendly just to get the upper hand. Why lower myself to that standard? If I run around for 2 hours collecting goods only to then come across some one who wants to be macho and kills my character, well then I am going to strike first.

It is a PS4 multiplayer history, players are not friendly-Not as bad as PC players granted-But unfriendly none the less. Why join that category then? I cant set an example on a game no one will know if I did lol. I am however f*cked off with collecting items only then to try and be friendly to some one who then shoots. 

That said if I come across a player who drops to there knees, holds there hands up in the air, I would befriend them.

Problem with Dayz is there is no end game. If I were to play Battlefield 5 firestorm, I would go around collecting lots of equipment, searching and looting, for a specific reason. That reason being an end goal, where as Dayz has no end goal. You can collect and collect all you like, but where are you going to go with this? Just get shot and killed and restart nothing more nothing less.

The point is, players will try and try to collect items, there is no incentive to be friendly after all that collecting. I am of course excluding roll players, they have a great time, or group players, they too have fun. But as a solo player, why should I not just shoot you on sight?

This was just a rant have fun.

The issue with the "community" is people play this game more like a battle royale than a survival game. You can play for 10 hours at mil bases and Never see a soul in the day time, but wandering through the woods at night and a guy will shoot you for using a flash light in the most obscure location but thats not toxicity, 

its just the fact most servers are low pop now, and everyone is shooting fresh spawns on site trolling around shore towns with military rifles. So lame, not understanding they are killing the experience for so many, All the people I knew before the patch, Stopped playing before the patch, people I met on the game who were addicted, I havent seen them come back since. They are just over it, Imagine they spent 50 bucks, and they don't desire playing anymore because of how the "community".  its sad, This is such a cool game with such a unique experience, And its feels like its just going to die. And These community servers the good looking ones are all locked with no way to contact a lot of the owners to get on it, and I already played on 1 private server/community server, The person closed the server after 5 days of playing on it and another one locked after 3 days of playing on it. 

so alternatives are running low. 

On 8/15/2019 at 7:49 PM, Anwah said:

The issue with the "community" is people play this game more like a battle royale than a survival game. You can play for 10 hours at mil bases and Never see a soul in the day time, but wandering through the woods at night and a guy will shoot you for using a flash light in the most obscure location but thats not toxicity, 

its just the fact most servers are low pop now, and everyone is shooting fresh spawns on site trolling around shore towns with military rifles. So lame, not understanding they are killing the experience for so many, All the people I knew before the patch, Stopped playing before the patch, people I met on the game who were addicted, I havent seen them come back since. They are just over it, Imagine they spent 50 bucks, and they don't desire playing anymore because of how the "community".  its sad, This is such a cool game with such a unique experience, And its feels like its just going to die. And These community servers the good looking ones are all locked with no way to contact a lot of the owners to get on it, and I already played on 1 private server/community server, The person closed the server after 5 days of playing on it and another one locked after 3 days of playing on it. 

so alternatives are running low. 

I was unaware players were dropping out of the game that quick.

I might have sounded off a bit in my post above, I was just annoyed that I lost a lot of stuff because I would have preferred to talk to the player as opposed to kill him, where as he/she had different idea's. It takes ages to gather good stuff only then to lose it so quickly.

In truth, I probably would not just shoot on site, I will however-As mentioned above-Be more cautious. I would really like to meet other player's and play the game, I have met player's and whilst playing it has been a lot of fun.

Some player's can collect a lot of loot, get killed then start over without a problem, me, I get suicidal over it lol. More than likely due to the reason I have no idea where I am going on the map, I don't play that often, I can't get to the good spots as quickly to get loot. I have izurvive but if you spawn in the middle of the woods, the map is no help.

As far as spawning in the middle of the map. Use the sun or moon to head north or west. You'll run to a road or a small town eventually. From there izurvive app become useful again. I havent spent more than 10 mins doing this before i know where im at.

I have been on Official and Community for the last two weeks since i got the game on PS4 and have yet to see another player and I have chosen only servers with high or medium pop. I have heard plentty of shots but am well late to the party. Would love some interaction with something other than 20 Z's.

One thing I noticed is if you are in a private server with friends or a community you build a role-play and base. And live off the rules everyone agrees on. But then there are times players go to public servers and just want to shoot and kill to get their aggression out .

On 8/10/2019 at 6:00 PM, Dancedwithlions said:

It is a PS4 multiplayer history, players are not friendly-Not as bad as PC players granted-But unfriendly none the less.

This part is funny.  But not "haha" funny.

This issue is not exclusive to any one platform, game, genre, or even video games, really.  See, it's a sandbox designed to be a social experiment.  The problem is that the experiment is bad because there's no real repercussions for morally questionable behavior.  Permadeath is a thing of the past.  Options to circumvent total loss are so plentiful.  Best of all, now we have scoreboard statistics that show us how many people we have killed.  What did you expect in a world with a big sandbox, other players, and ways to kill other players?