GolemNo9

Nvgs

The patch notes said that nvgs cant be turned on ? Can any ok ne confirm this. And if so how the hell has it not been fixed in 3 months??

• Like 1

1.04 drops and you’re moaning already. It’s pretty minor given the state of the game, previously.

The devs are telling you they can’t be switched on. What more confirmation do you need?

• Haha 2

Also, you will still be able to use them as binoculars, so they won’t be entirely useless.

I'm thinking its the same as the head torch as you cant turn them on and off while on your head but you can take them to hand switch them on and then put them on your head. Just cos there's no controller option to do that due to the limited buttons on a controller I think.... So maybe that will work with NVGs but cant say till I try but I suspect 90% that will work with the universal flashlights.

I mean hes not wrong, why add it then put it in the known issues? That just seems silly, there shouldnt be known issues when a patch releases, if their "known issues" then why are they not tweaked before being released, why would you release bugged content if you know its bugged

• Like 1

Because they are working on it - and they made us aware that they are aware of it by adding a note about it in the patch-notes to lessen confusion - but I guess that is not an option in here lol.

Everybody just chillax, enjoy all the new functions and gear and have fun with them until the NVG's can be turned on - its not like its a game-breaking bug or anything just remotely near to that. 🙂

Your idea would not work Golem, because NV doesn’t turn on. They work like binoculars but with a battery. 

They probably left them in because it takes more work to remove it. Plus NVG can still be used in your hands.

Why on earth are you so salty about it? I can only presume it’s because you’re so terrible at the game, that the only way you can get kills is by shooting people in the dark.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

36 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Why on earth are you so salty about it? I can only presume it’s because you’re so terrible at the game, that the only way you can get kills is by shooting people in the dark.

I think his mom refused to sing him his lullaby yesterday and said he he could do his own diaper this morning as he needs to grow up... 😉

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MaximusDickus said:

I am actually happy NVG's do not work properly. And i hope they never will.

If duping is fixed and they are an extremely rare spawn (like a helicopter-item) then I think they are very good for the game.

If it turns into a dupers paradise again with max-geared guys on the coast with NVG's (and people wont be leaving for the night as much anymore because of the new function to combat server-hopping) and tons of frag-grenades then it willl be worse then before and they (and the grenades) needs to be  removed for now or severely nerfed.

• Beans 1

21 minutes ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Im just saying that there really shouldn't be a "known issues" section for patch notes, if its known it should be adressed while its in production

Why not?

It adresses the problem, makes sure that people are aware that the devs are aware of it too and working on it and makes sure that there is no need for 5 new threads asking about the problem. 🙂

And it was probably not the devs intention to release the patch with non-working NVGs - but ask yourself what you would prefer; An update this Wednesday where we get all of the stuff and the new functions and mechanics but where the NVGs does not work yet (but you can still look for them so you have them for when they fix it, hopefully pretty soon with a hot fix) or to wait one week or maybe even whole month or more for them to release the exact same update but with working NVGs?

I know which one I prefer! 🙂

Edited by Jonas Levin

I hope a forum mod sees this post to see the attacks the thread starter says to people who disagree with him. Don’t worry I want call them in here😏😉😂

Nah I agree with golem, and I understand all of your points and they are fair points, but at the end of the day golem is highlighting the fact that after 3 months of working on the patch, they add something that should have been fixed, no question about it; at all. 

So quit hating on the guy and give him some slack lol the dayz devs are ridiculous and everybody knows that. Just got to try and enjoy the update and wait for the hotfix✌️

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dan Holden said:

Nah I agree with golem, and I understand all of your points and they are fair points, but at the end of the day golem is highlighting the fact that after 3 months of working on the patch, they add something that should have been fixed, no question about it; at all. 

So quit hating on the guy and give him some slack lol the dayz devs are ridiculous and everybody knows that. Just got to try and enjoy the update and wait for the hotfix✌️

I understand his disappointment . It's silly that one of the most exciting and rare items of 1.04 update do not work properly.

I think every consumer has the right to complain when something with the product that they have purchased is not working correctly. In my opinion, i think that night vision (for a certain type of player, i.e. PVP types) is a must as it limits your time playing on certain servers. I've worked for several software companies now and quite frankly pushing anything out that has a known bug is bad practice. 

What i've noticed with this game and BI specifically is that there is a lot of expectation built when it comes to patches and new content. Each update builds upon the game in ways which change the gaming experience considerably. Given the amount of bugs and the ways in which it limits the gaming experience BI could do with a period where they just sort them all out before moving on.

@GolemNo9 you are absolutely right, why release something that you know is broken? It's your consumer right to moan so don't let anyone tell you any different! 

I can wait for it to be fixed, but you have to admit, being one of the most waited itens to be inplemented on this update, also a rare one, and one of the highlights of such patch being released broken and they had opportunity to fix such thing in three-four months and numerous delays, the disappointment is understandable.