stephen321

White-listing private servers

I know when private servers are released we will be able to password-protect them and the devs have said they plan to add the ability to whitelist in the future but would really like the devs to release whitelisting sooner rather than later because although we can ban people from the server by not giving them the password there is nothing stopping a friend giving them the new one so there is basically nothing we can do to really ban players.

On top of that we will have to reset the password, rerelease it to everyone, and hope someone doesn't give it to the people banned.

Easy solution is to not invite everyone and they momma. Keep it small at first and invite only the trusted if you're skeptical about people. Your server doesn't need to be populated with a lot of people to enjoy the game.

All I'm saying is, for the people who are trying to populate a server for whatever reason but are hesitant to add Randy Randomson and his cousin Randy Randall. Start small and work your way up. Build your community. This way you won't have to worry about banning and whitelisting mofos.

It means you might need to ban a whole group because of one person if they keep giving them the password.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen321 said:

It means you might need to ban a whole group because of one person if they keep giving them the password.

Exactly.

I'm not gonna bother with private servers, I already know if Somone kills the admin he will find some justification to ban you, I'm probably gonna stay on official servers because your truely free to do what ever you want, the "real" way to play

• Haha 1

I may get a server and let you all come a worship me.

Im not expecting a great rush if I’m honest unless my mum plays which I don’t think she does but still I’ll give it a go. 

Edited by Mr squizzer
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Trapphone said:

I'm not gonna bother with private servers, I already know if Somone kills the admin he will find some justification to ban you, I'm probably gonna stay on official servers because your truely free to do what ever you want, the "real" way to play

My group have a server and are perfectly happy being killed, it happens enough 😂. All we are enforcing is no cheating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen321 said:

My group have a server and are perfectly happy being killed, it happens enough 😂. All we are enforcing is no cheating.

Yeah, it all depends on the mindset of the folks having the server. And to be fair, if they act childish there are other servers to play on, so if they want people to shoot at on their servers they can't go all out asshat badmins or they'll just end up walking around alone with all their fancy gear.

The biggest selling point of private servers is to get a lasting community built, where people get to know each other, factions settle in and build bases somewhere, and work hard to keep their territory safe from others. Faction wars, trading, raiding, partying. All those things that sadly happen very rarely on official servers because folks server hop when the sun goes down or it starts raining.

40 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Yeah, it all depends on the mindset of the folks having the server. And to be fair, if they act childish there are other servers to play on, so if they want people to shoot at on their servers they can't go all out asshat badmins or they'll just end up walking around alone with all their fancy gear.

The biggest selling point of private servers is to get a lasting community built, where people get to know each other, factions settle in and build bases somewhere, and work hard to keep their territory safe from others. Faction wars, trading, raiding, partying. All those things that sadly happen very rarely on official servers because folks server hop when the sun goes down or it starts raining.

Yea that's exactly what we are hoping to achieve. It's a big task but we are hoping the players wanting to play the game right stick around.

Surprisingly BEC has whitelister that works and its easy to use, local on server setup and free, even though support is faded the last latest version 1.608 works fine.

49 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Surprisingly BEC has whitelister that works and its easy to use, local on server setup and free, even though support is faded the last latest version 1.608 works fine.

We can't use any of that on Xbox. Have to wait untill it's added.