Uncle Zed

A question about the Tier levels

if an item is specified to spawn in one of the tier areas, does that mean it can spawn at ANY loot spawn location in that tier or will they only spawn in specific areas of those tiers?

For example, if I set the following:

<usage name="Medic"/>
        <value name="Tier2"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>

Does that mean that the item would only spawn in Medical spawns in Tier2/3 or would it spawn in all medical loot spawns regardless of the tier PLUS any tier2/3 loot spawns?

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

16 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

if an item is specified to spawn in one of the tier areas, does that mean it can spawn at ANY loot spawn location in that tier or will they only spawn in specific areas of those tiers?

Does that mean that the item would only spawn in Medical spawns in Tier2/3 or would it spawn in all medical loot spawns regardless of the tier PLUS any tier2/3 loot spawns?

I'm also wondering this, and if it is the latter case: Is it possible to have the item spawn in different tiers in different usage categories? For example a certain smg in 1-2 tier Military and 3-4 tier Police? Or does the <value name="TierX"/> parameter refer to all usage categories defined for the weapon regardless?

43 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

It will spawn in medical areas in the tier 2 and 3 only 🙂

Another question then. I see entries like this:

<category name="clothes"/>
        <usage name="Medic"/>
        <value name="Tier1"/>
        <value name="Tier2"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

If that item is going to spawn in Medic loot, in tiers 1-4, why put the tiers at all? If you don't put the tiers, it will spawn in any Medic loot, right?

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

I'm also wondering this, and if it is the latter case: Is it possible to have the item spawn in different tiers in different usage categories? For example a certain smg in 1-2 tier Military and 3-4 tier Police? Or does the <value name="TierX"/> parameter refer to all usage categories defined for the weapon regardless?

medic is a place name and so you could define it for other place names and hence it would spawn in those tiers set. It seems that you can only set one usage category

38 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Another question then. I see entries like this: If that item is going to spawn in Medic loot, in tiers 1-4, why put the tiers at all? If you don't put the tiers, it will spawn in any Medic loot, right?

good question . . . . why, I have no idea, different programmers?

J7ENxl7.png

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

medic is a place name and so you could define it for other place names and hence it would spawn in those tiers set. It seems that you can only set one usage category

Okay, so something like the below would not work then? Plenty of items in the types.xml have more than one usage category, but the usage categories always come before the tiers, so it would make sense that the tiers listed would apply to all the usage areas listed.

<usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier1"/>
        <value name="Tier2"/>
<usage name="Police"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

I want the thing to turn up in military locations in tier 1 and 2 areas, and Police stations/cars in tier 3 and 4 areas. Not a biggie if it doesn't work, but it would have been nice in a few cases.

56 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Okay, so something like the below would not work then? Plenty of items in the types.xml have more than one usage category, but the usage categories always come before the tiers, so it would make sense that the tiers listed would apply to all the usage areas listed.

I want the thing to turn up in military locations in tier 1 and 2 areas, and Police stations/cars in tier 3 and 4 areas. Not a biggie if it doesn't work, but it would have been nice in a few cases.

7836MhQ.png

Plenty of items have different place/usage names - Military, Police etc, but can only have one category name, weapons, or clothes etc.  and the tiers would all  be associated with the place/usage names. You couldnt set different tiers for different places/usage . . ..  as far as I am aware

48 minutes ago, aux7 said:

7836MhQ.png

Plenty of items have different place/usage names - Military, Police etc, but can only have one category name, weapons, or clothes etc.  and the tiers would all  be associated with the place/usage names. You couldnt set different tiers for different places/usage . . ..  as far as I am aware

Just as I thought, too bad.

9 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

If that item is going to spawn in Medic loot, in tiers 1-4, why put the tiers at all? If you don't put the tiers, it will spawn in any Medic loot, right?

TL:DR

In that case the tiers are useless indeed.

If you want to let items spawn at different locations in different tiers, then use the item class two times

Like:

<type>

Item1

Lifetime

Police

Tier1

Tier2

</type>

<type>

Item1

Lifetime

Military

Tier3

Tier4

</type>

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2019 at 4:16 PM, aux7 said:

7836MhQ.png

What program are you using?   I have tried a bunch of editors and none seem to be that great.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:31 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

If look totally here some examples

Spawn only in Tier 1 & Tier 2

Spoiler

<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Medic"/>
  <value name="Tier1"/>
  <value name="Tier2"/>
</item>

Spawn everywhere in medic

Spoiler

<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Medic"/>
</item>

Or

<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Medic"/>
  <value name="Tier1"/>
  <value name="Tier2"/>
  <value name="Tier3"/>
  <value name="Tier4"/>
</item>

Spawn in Medic and Towns (not equals medic buildings in towns)

Spoiler

<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Medic"/>
  <usage name="Town"/>
  <usages name="Medic, Town"/>
  <value name="Tier1"/>
</item>

Logic of Tier and usage
Usage shown witch buildings types.
Tiers - witch locations (meaning how deep from ocean from bottom to up and from right to left (of map)) at same time Tier is clarification of spawn location.

For one record not possible set different locations with tiers. I mean example after this text will show error

Spoiler

<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Medic"/>
  <value name="Tier1"/>
  <usage name="Town"/>
  <value name="Tier2"/>
  <usage name="Military"/>
  <value name="Tier3"/>
  <usages name="Medic, Town, Military"/>
</item>

As result you'll get: spawn Object1 in Medic, Town and Military locations of T1, T2 and T3 level.

So possible solution:

Spoiler

<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Medic"/>
  <value name="Tier1"/>
  <usages name="Medic"/>
</item>
<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Town"/>
  <value name="Tier2"/>
  <usages name="Town"/>
</item>
<item name="Object1">
  <usage name="Military"/>
  <value name="Tier3"/>
  <usages name="Military"/>
</item>

As result you'll get: 
	Spawn Object1 in Medical buildings at T1.
	Spawn Object1 in Towns buildings at T2.
	Spawn Object1 in Military buildings at T3.
And yes each record of Object1 it's not override previous record of Object1 type...

On 9/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, mrsprinkles (DayZ) said:

What program are you using?   I have tried a bunch of editors and none seem to be that great.

I import it into excel, no editor is really great . .. . its a pain . . .

2 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

If look totally here some examples

Thanks but this is an old post... was answered back on August 1st.