bent.toe

Bandanas.. Is it just me?

I can not use them on my face anymore. 

I rarely do but i thought I'd try one that i found today. Can not equip it even though i have nothing equiped on my head/face. 

Am i doing something wrong? 

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

I can not use them on my face anymore. 

I rarely do but i thought I'd try one that i found today. Can not equip it even though i have nothing equiped on my head/face. 

Am i doing something wrong? 

Hold the bandana in your hand and you should be able to press one of the triggers to turn it into a headpiece. In order to use it on your face you must already be wearing a hat.

Hope that helps.

Edited by bandito6000
  • Beans 1

No, it’s not just you. Bandanas got bugged in 1.02... they’re still bugged in 1.04.

I’ve heard that they may be fixed come 1.05, though.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Actually they are not bugged at all.

They are just using a new mechanic that most people have not figured out.

To equip a bandana it NEEDS to be tied up first!

To do that you equip the bandana to your hands (and go out of the inventory if you are in that) and press RT - that should tie it up AND equip it in one go.

To do that you must of course have nothing equipped in the inventory-slot the bandana is supposed to use.

When you want to use it to stop bleeding (it can be used forever by the way, it does not get used up like rags or other stuff) you have to equip it to your hands and press RT once again to untie it - and then press once more (after you stopped the bleeding) to tie it up and equip it again.

I noticed this by accident the other day, I killed a guy that was wearing one and I could see that it was tied up which got me curious, so I started messing around with it until the mechanics made sense to me.

So we have all (most of us anyway) just been fools and have not been doing it right and have been complaining about it not working for a quarter of a year.

So far it has worked for everyone I met who tried it (5-6 different people who all had not been able to do it since 1.02).

In Short:

To take bandana on: Tie the bandana up and equip by holding it in your hands and press RT while NOT in inventory.

To use against bleeding: Untie the bandana (if it has been equipped) by holding it in your hands and press RT while NOT in inventory and then hold RT.

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Thanks 1

@Jonas Levin Interesting, but that’s definitely not an intended mechanic. It’s more of a glitchy workaround. Also might only be possible on console. What does the RT button usually do? I’ll try the equivalent on PC, but am not sure it will work

The devs have spoken about the issue. Here is the bug report https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139403 It was confirmed for a fix earlier this month.

Edited by ThePugman

Bandannas currently work on consoles because we are still on 1.02. on pc they are bugged justnow.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Jonas Levin Interesting, but that’s definitely not an intended mechanic. It’s more of a glitchy workaround. Also might only be possible on console. What does the RT button usually do? I’ll try the equivalent on PC, but am not sure it will work

The devs have spoken about the issue. Here is the bug report https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139403 It was confirmed for a fix earlier this month.

Sorry to tell you, but it ain't broken just because you cant figure out how to do it.

It works perfectly, and that report you posted is about 1.03 experimental and as such as no use here.

Tie the bandana up to use it as clothing and un-tie it to use it for bleeding cuts - its actually all very easy.

And how do we use EVERY other item in the game?

WE HOLD IT IN OUR HANDS AND PRESS RT. 😛

19 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Sorry to tell you, but it ain't broken just because you cant figure out how to do it.

It works perfectly, and that report you posted is about 1.03 experimental and as such as no use here.

Tie the bandana up to use it as clothing and un-tie it to use it for bleeding cuts - its actually all very easy.

And how do we use EVERY other item in the game?

WE HOLD IT IN OUR HANDS AND PRESS RT. 😛

I’m clearly talking about PC. They’ve been broken since 1.02, so I assumed (admittedly my error) they would be the same on console. 

The intended method to equip should be to drag them onto the mask/headgear slot... Also, they certainly shouldn’t be an INFINITE rag. So the verdict? *uses rubber stamp* BROKEN

Moderator-Edit: Removed unnecessary trolling.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ThePugman said:

The intended method to equip should be to drag them onto the mask/headgear slot... Also, they certainly shouldn’t be an INFINITE rag. So the verdict? *uses rubber stamp* BROKEN

You are clearly having a bad day.

Try to understand that is IS HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE.

You tie the bandana up and then you can use it like any other clothing.

And this has nothing to do with whether it can be used to bandage up forever - that is just you trying to muddle the discussion as you are on sliding ground.

How hard is to understand?

And try to keep that tone for your mother instead, clearly she has forgotten to do your laundry or something along those lines.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

You are clearly having a bad day.

Try to understand that is IS HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE.

You tie the bandana up and then you can use it like any other clothing.

And this has nothing to do with whether it can be used to bandage up forever - that is just you trying to muddle the discussion as you are on sliding ground.

How hard is to understand?

And try to keep that tone for your mother instead, clearly she has forgotten to do your laundry or something along those lines.

PS: Im happy you like your own farts, everyone has their thing.

You seem upset?

• Beans 1

Don't mean to interrupt your bandana argument but didn't want to start a new thread for this.  Has anyone noticed a glitch with the chickens?  I'm playing on Xbox, I used to eat chickens all the time.  Now when I kill them they can't be picked up, they don't even show up in the inventory page as being in the area.

20 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Jonas Levin We're talking about different versions. You console 1.02, me PC 1.04. So shall we stop this?

Then you are in the wrong part of the forum, and it would have made sense to your arguement to state in your first post about the subject in here as we are discussing the Xbox-version here and _not_ the PC-version (and to be honest you also mentioned that it was broke in 1.02 in your first post in this thread - which they aint, not for us in this forum which this discussion is about anyway).

But yes, Im all for stopping it. 🙂

Edited by Jonas Levin

20 hours ago, Survivor-Ajax said:

Don't mean to interrupt your bandana argument but didn't want to start a new thread for this.  Has anyone noticed a glitch with the chickens?  I'm playing on Xbox, I used to eat chickens all the time.  Now when I kill them they can't be picked up, they don't even show up in the inventory page as being in the area.

You have to cut them up with any kind of a knife before you can access the meat and bones from the inventory. 🙂

4 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

You have to cut them up with any kind of a knife before you can access the meat and bones from the inventory. 🙂

That's what I was doing wrong.  I wasn't equipping my knife.  Thanks for the help Jonas!

Its only certain bandanas that are broke, iv found two of the same bandanas (same color) and one worked and one didnt, they also look different in their picture on the vicinity