Sign in to follow this  
Mosi2142

Dayz BattleRoyal

I think they should not Add BattleRoyal Mode it kinda remind me of h1z1 When It was a survival game then they added Battleroyal mode to the game And they Slowly Remove The Survival Mode From theyr development plan .

I really feel bad about adding Battleroyal Mode to the Game :(

What do you think guys ? 

The BR mode is far from stable and customer friendly but is in my style of gameplay so I am interrested to see how this game/gamemode is going to evolve.

Just to let you know, the Survival GameZ is a side project, meaning it's not planned to become the main game at all. If the BR mode flops, it flops end of the story. In the worst case scenario the the br mode die and the main game continue to be a thing and in the best case scenario the br mode become popular and dayz will focus more ressources on the pvp experience (Quality of life, features, etc).

And features don't only mean gunplay 😉

Even if I like this new gamemode, I still want to see dayz as a (hardcore) survival game and dayz have a audience for the survival gender (while H1Z1 slowly lost his players to only survive by surffing on the br hype).

The Survival GameZ is born with dayz mod and never was at the front of the scene but at the backstage. If it stay like that for dayz standalone I am good with it.

I think this (BR) is just one step more to finally revive a dead horse. I am absolutely sure that they exactly knew for a long time ( 2017)  that the engine change would not allow them to include all the promised features and that even a lot of the existing features would most likely not make it. At his time DayZ was more or less a dead game with a very low playercount played by only the hardcore fanboys.  They knew that this would end as a complete disaster after so many years of development. They knew that even a lot of the  hardcore veteran players would leave and that it would be impossible to reach new players with such a cut down version. So they completely changed direction...allthough developed on the existing PC plattform the main main focus clearly shifted to the console releases...remember gamescon last year was all about Xbox not even a single word about PC features etc. Consoles also benefit the most from the new engine changes. Modding tools and server files were released at a very early stage which is also not common and the game in general became a lot more casual and easy.

So adding a BR mode is just another logical step and measure of BI to reach and establish a new , maybe even younger player base, to get as much out of their product as they could after the original concept/idea of this game ended as a complete major fuck up ! 

From a companies perspective they are doing everything right atm and this of course includes a BR mode which will for sure bring a lot of new twitch and yt content and also new players!  If you take their other console game Vigor into account, their strategy even becomes more obvious. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

I think this (BR) is just one step more to finally revive a dead horse. I am absolutely sure that they exactly knew for a long time ( 2017)  that the engine change would not allow them to include all the promised features and that even a lot of the existing features would most likely not make it. At his time DayZ was more or less a dead game with a very low playercount played by only the hardcore fanboys.  They knew that this would end as a complete disaster after so many years of development. They knew that even a lot of the  hardcore veteran players would leave and that it would be impossible to reach new players with such a cut down version. So they completely changed direction...allthough developed on the existing PC plattform the main main focus clearly shifted to the console releases...remember gamescon last year was all about Xbox not even a single word about PC features etc. Consoles also benefit the most from the new engine changes. Modding tools and server files were released at a very early stage which is also not common and the game in general became a lot more casual and easy.

So adding a BR mode is just another logical step and measure of BI to reach and establish a new , maybe even younger player base, to get as much out of their product as they could after the original concept/idea of this game ended as a complete major fuck up ! 

From a companies perspective they are doing everything right atm and this of course includes a BR mode which will for sure bring a lot of new twitch and yt content and also new players!  If you take their other console game Vigor into account, their strategy even becomes more obvious. 

Yeah, many of us moved onto greater and better things. I like to keep checking back to see if half of what was promised is in the game.

6 hours ago, Mosi2142 said:

I think they should not Add BattleRoyal Mode it kinda remind me of h1z1 When It was a survival game then they added Battleroyal mode to the game And they Slowly Remove The Survival Mode From theyr development plan .

I really feel bad about adding Battleroyal Mode to the Game 😞

What do you think guys ? 

In what way will it impact you and dayz? 

It's a different game mode, made by a different team.