Sign in to follow this  
ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.152166

Hello Survivors,

We have a new Experimental Update going live. This one includes solely changes for the Survivor GameZ, so the regular gameplay should not be affected. If you still encounter issues, please, report them here or in our Feedback Tracker.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Beans 1

May i ask what this update is for yes i do know you said it was for the survivor GameZ but will this mean upon downloading this we will be able to test servers or not as i am led to beleive this

Just now, TheLazyKoala said:

May i ask what this update is for yes i do know you said it was for the survivor GameZ but will this mean upon downloading this we will be able to test servers or not as i am led to beleive this

To participate in the Survivor GameZ you still need to apply for an Alpha code on our Web-Page. Codes will be send out starting next Monday.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

since we know that DayZ will become more and more "mod-friendly", may I ask where to find documentation then ?

What if someone like to start modding the game and the knowledge about the gamefiles is not "godgiven" ?

There is no help in the community, so I like to have docs/wikis where you can get the required informations.

Are there any plans to do that by any chance ? Or is this knowledge "reserved" to a small circle of special ppl only ?

• Like 1

Is there any info on possible re-implementation of some important immersive game mechanics, like bows and books?

1 hour ago, haxordie said:

Is there any info on possible re-implementation of some important immersive game mechanics, like bows and books?

No, we only know that vaulting/climbing is coming soon. 

On 7/20/2019 at 7:50 AM, MAMEniac said:

since we know that DayZ will become more and more "mod-friendly", may I ask where to find documentation then ?

What if someone like to start modding the game and the knowledge about the gamefiles is not "godgiven" ?

There is no help in the community, so I like to have docs/wikis where you can get the required informations.

Are there any plans to do that by any chance ? Or is this knowledge "reserved" to a small circle of special ppl only ?

Im sure it wont be too difficult to modify location items zones in the pvp mode and I assume it would be part of the server files so we can host with our own servers if we wanted.

10 hours ago, haxordie said:

Bows and Books... Important?.. lol, no no no..  prioritize your priorities cos thats wanted, useless shit.. needed shit is climbing/vaulting, injured crawling, dragging zombies, other injured players etc...

Books are probably gimmicks, but bows are definitely more important than dragging and crawling. Vaulting and climbing as top feature however we can agree on and luckily that is coming.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Bows and Books... Important?.. lol, no no no..  prioritize your priorities cos thats wanted, useless shit.. needed shit is climbing/vaulting, injured crawling, dragging zombies, other injured players etc... 

Bows are extremely important both for hunting and stealth. Climbing and vaulting was already announced. Books and notes are great gimmicks that add authenticity to the whole atmosphere of despair and loneliness, and desolation the game has. Reading a few pages of aesthetically pleasing dusty copy of J. Conrad while waiting for the rain to end or while scouting the area in ghillie is a defining experience. I would also love to see more survival elements added to the game, more items and crafting possibilities. Don't waste its potential, BI.Heart_Of_Darkness.png?version=cf6cd7ed5d

Has anyone thrown a spear yet?, just putting that out there... 😎 I havent yet so id be interested to know if it flies straight like a spear would or flies vertically through the air.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

here something for the new Dayz community that thinks stuff like books and bows and writing notes etc is unimportant

yzFeFUJq25O37mpLkwDSuiJtf4bxdu9uBKh73obJ

I alsdayz-fishing-at-black-lake.jpgo met a guy once who was just

These are the things that made DayZ outstanding, these little special things that made people rollplay and do crazy unusual, unexpected stuff.....fuck battle royal and 60 frames and people sticking their heads in devs arses for posting the first time in 6 months here on the forums !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

@Private Evans don't worry, even if they don't talk about it they are still working on thoses features 😉

I know it's hard to belive when you see a br dlc pushed in and a blog post saying they won't work on the health system for this year anymore. But you have to trust them on that one.

Books, papers, bows are still planned and being worked on ^^

Edited by Lt.Master

2 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Books, papers, bows are still planned and being worked on

What is your source on this?  Based on the latest Status Report, I saw no commitment to implementing any of these things, in fact, they eluded to a lack of .62 parity.

Are you making assumptions here or do you know for a fact that books, papers and bows are being worked on?  If so, please quote the source.

• Beans 1

25 minutes ago, drgullen said:

What is your source on this?  Based on the latest Status Report, I saw no commitment to implementing any of these things, in fact, they eluded to a lack of .62 parity.

Are you making assumptions here or do you know for a fact that books, papers and bows are being worked on?  If so, please quote the source.

I'm looking into the gamefiles after each updates since the first stress test of 0.63 to gather information of what changed.

There is no official sources and they are not going to say outloud what is going on for a lot of reasons but animations, lines of codes and config files can sometimes be added with a update 😉

I have predicted (on a French discord) the 4 last updates with succes and I am now waiting for the fitfh update to see if my predictions are once again right.

Edited by Lt.Master

3 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

I'm looking into the gamefiles after each updates since the first stress test of 0.63 to gather information of what changed.

There is no official sources and they are not going to say outloud what is going on for a lot of reasons but animations, lines of codes and config files can sometimes be added with a update 😉

I have predicted (on a French discord) the 4 last updates with succes and I am now waiting for the fitfh update to see if my predictions are once again right.

Care to share your predictions? I'm certainly interested.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

@Private Evans don't worry, even if they don't talk about it they are still working on thoses features 😉

I know it's hard to belive when you see a br dlc pushed in and a blog post saying they won't work on the health system for this year anymore. But you have to trust them on that one.

Books, papers, bows are still planned and being worked on ^^

On what planet do you live? 

3 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Things have always been in/into/out of the game files. 

Guess you're rather New to dayz development and their communication. 

Hey if they ever get it done, i will eat my hat. Fact is they have been trying/or say they are trying to get it done for the last 5-6 years. 

Your predictions dont mean shit. 

Im sorry thats Just the way it is, no hard feelings. 

• Beans 1

27 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Things have always been in/into/out of the game files. 

This is why I have a complete list with screenshots of every items that have been leaked at least once. Like I don't know... Milk ?

Guess you're rather New to dayz development and their communication. 

Hey if they ever get it done, i will eat my hat. Fact is they have been trying/or say they are trying to get it done for the last 5-6 years. 

Yes I know, I'm totaly aware of the situation of how they used to communicate on the past and today.

And yes I also know they are not trying to confirm what is going to be added or not.

Oh and this is not because my account is new on the forum that I am not a old player 😉

Your predictions dont mean shit. 

Im sorry thats Just the way it is, no hard feelings. 

You are right, I could be completly wrong from the start to the end. I have not a single official source, meaning I am only speculating and waiting for something to move to get a better conclusion.

But don't worry, no hard feelings as well. I understand your position ^^

1 hour ago, aaronlands said:

Care to share your predictions? I'm certainly interested.

Follow BoyDy73 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-FMw05TV_IkTv11RzWsN3g/videos

He was interrested for some infos so I gave him all my data to do some vids.

Anyway, I'll stop here. We are going off-topic

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

I have not a single official source, meaning I am only speculating...

Well in that case, you should not be stating things as fact.  Earlier you said, "Books, papers, bows are still planned and being worked on" as if you knew it for a fact.

There's enough misinformation on this forum -- if you're speculating rather than quoting from a source, please say as much.

48 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

This is why I have a complete list with screenshots of every items that have been leaked at least once. Like I don't know... Milk ?

Yes I know, I'm totaly aware of the situation of how they used to communicate on the past and today.

And yes I also know they are not trying to confirm what is going to be added or not.

Oh and this is not because my account is new on the forum that I am not a old player 😉

You are right, I could be completly wrong from the start to the end. I have not a single official source, meaning I am only speculating and waiting for something to move to get a better conclusion.

But don't worry, no hard feelings as well. I understand your position ^^

Follow BoyDy73 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-FMw05TV_IkTv11RzWsN3g/videos

He was interrested for some infos so I gave him all my data to do some vids.

Anyway, I'll stop here. We are going off-topic

Refreshing reaction i must say. Usually Its an all out "let me get back at ya" fest.  

We will not see eye to eye on the development of the game and how Its delivered, but i will respect your open mind. 

Btw what is an old player? Im 38 and find that old. Playing dayz since the mod so maybe thats getting old? Never to old to play a game thats for sure. But as far as dayz is concerned, well...... maybe im just getting to old for this shit 😎

32 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Well in that case, you should not be stating things as fact.  Earlier you said, "Books, papers, bows are still planned and being worked on" as if you knew it for a fact.

There's enough misinformation on this forum -- if you're speculating rather than quoting from a source, please say as much.

The issue is I am the source, I look inside the gamefiles as I said before. Meaning that people have to trust me for checking the updates.

I have talked about vaulting some days before the official post and I recieved some backlash even if it turned out I was right. This is why I don't really talk in public about all of this.

Just as a example, the IZH is being worked on. How do I know ? Reload animation and maybe because it's used for Survivor Gamez internaly with some other features that are being worked on since at least 1.02... How do I know ? Look at my first line 😉

12 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Refreshing reaction i must say. Usually Its an all out "let me get back at ya" fest.  

We will not see eye to eye on the development of the game and how Its delivered, but i will respect your open mind. 

Btw what is an old player? Im 38 and find that old. Playing dayz since the mod so maybe thats getting old? Never to old to play a game thats for sure. But as far as dayz is concerned, well...... maybe im just getting to old for this shit 😎

We all have opinions, I gave mine and you gave yours thats all ^^

People seems to consider "old players" for those who start playing the game with dayz mod or with the first days of dayz alpha from I saw on the forums, reddit and discord. And I have started to play with dayz mod when they still had a armored vehicle.

Edited by Lt.Master

7 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

The issue is I am the source, I look inside the gamefiles as I said before. Meaning that people have to trust me for checking the updates.

As @McWendy said earlier, just because something is in the game files, doesn't mean it's going to ever come to the actual game.  The bus has been in there since .63 for example.

You might have gotten lucky in predicting some things, but saying you're a "source" because you look at game files is absurd to say the least.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

As @McWendy said earlier, just because something is in the game files, doesn't mean it's going to ever come to the actual game.  The bus has been in there since .63 for example.

You might have gotten lucky in predicting some things, but saying you're a "source" because you look at game files is absurd to say the least.

Alright I am going to explain you a bit more if it can help you understand that I don't just "look at the files"

You need to create a history of what changed between updates, see what files got modified, added or removed. By that I mean textures, config files for the item, for his textures if needed, lines of codes, animations and much more.

Why would they bother to work on a feature if it's not planned to be released ? I don't have any sign of work on fishing for example. While some new test items have been added to test the IZH, clipmags and double stacked mags for the m4. We also had for quite a while now a test akm with different config to test the tracing ammo and dynamics mags which means ability to see another type of mag on the gun like a 75 round mag or a painted mag for example. Why should they work on the S120, S1203, minitruck and the v3s if they are not going to add them ? (nothing to say about the bus)

Why do we have some colors variants of the sedan (olga) if they are not looking to add dynamics colors while it's used for the ADA 4x4 ? Or why did we get a new config file talking about hordes with the 1.04 experimental... Well now it's pretty obvious with the new dlc but you understand what I'm trying to explain...

And saying that I'm a "source" wasn't really smart to say. This is what I'm considered where I hang out because I am the only one trying to see what is going on behind the hood while they would like to know.

Edited by Lt.Master

(.  Removed this because of the source part)

You might be good at predicting and file reading. But Bohemia is good at screwing up. So we might get what we want (im talking almost everybody's wishes) or none of it all. Time will tell. Bohemia is good at letting time tell. 

Back to the On-topic: Bohemia please get back at development of the main game. There are better suited companies out there dealing with the Battle Royale itch. 

Get back to what made you great again.

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, haxordie said:

Bows are extremely important both for hunting and stealth. Climbing and vaulting was already announced. Books and notes are great gimmicks that add authenticity to the whole atmosphere of despair and loneliness, and desolation the game has. Reading a few pages of aesthetically pleasing dusty copy of J. Conrad while waiting for the rain to end or while scouting the area in ghillie is a defining experience. I would also love to see more survival elements added to the game, more items and crafting possibilities. Don't waste its potential, BI.Heart_Of_Darkness.png?version=cf6cd7ed5d

I agree 100%, I would love the books to be implemented again.

It should not be too hard to do, but maybe copyright-issues was a problem.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:13 AM, Jonas Levin said:

I agree 100%, I would love the books to be implemented again.

It should not be too hard to do, but maybe copyright-issues was a problem.

I doubt, those books were publicly open, there are links to Gutenberg free versions too. And those are classics, come on, what copyright