Sign in to follow this  
bent.toe

Need help with .ini files

Having an argue with a friend on console that claims that bodies don’t dissapear if you lay down beside them and that he stayed atleast 45 minutes until his friend came back and could grab all his gear again. 

Could a friendly PC user check in the files what despawn time the dead player bodies have. 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

Could a friendly PC user check in the files what despawn time the dead player bodies have. 

The data you want is here I think. .. .  from the global file

w2MWaKj.jpg

So for cleanuplifetime dead player its 330 seconds, which is 5 minutes 30 seconds. I dont know if lying beside the body saves the body and kit, Ive never been in that position. Last time I died, my friend died too .. . . .  about a minute later.

Ive seen the runningmanz strip the kit off the body, and the kit then reverts to its lifetime. Thus saving the kit, maybe he did that?

1 minute ago, aux7 said:

The data you want is here I think. .. .  from the global file

w2MWaKj.jpg

So for cleanuplifetime dead player its 330 seconds, which is 5 minutes 30 seconds. I dont know if lying beside the body saves the body and kit, Ive never been in that position. Last time I died, my friend died too .. . . .  about a minute later.

Ive seen the runningmanz strip the kit off the body, and the kit then reverts to its lifetime. Thus saving the kit, maybe he did that?

Thanks, Yeah i know that stripping the body allows for items and gear to stay for a much longer time than the body. You strip them so that the gear is not lost when the body (and everything on it) dissapear /despawn. 

According to my friend the body stays as long as you stay. 

Need @ImpulZ on this one. My friend can't be right. 

16 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Thanks, Yeah i know that stripping the body allows for items and gear to stay for a much longer time than the body. You strip them so that the gear is not lost when the body (and everything on it) dissapear /despawn. 

According to my friend the body stays as long as you stay. 

Need @ImpulZ on this one. My friend can't be right. 

It's correct that despawn should not happen as long as a player is close to the body, as that would be kinda immersion breaking.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

It's correct that despawn should not happen as long as a player is close to the body, as that would be kinda immersion breaking.

Damn, he was right! (hate being wrong) So he could stay by the body until a server reset basically, before it dissapear? 

Yes, that is how it is currently working.

20 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Yes, that is how it is currently working.

Thanks ImpulZ 👍

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Damn, he was right! (hate being wrong) So he could stay by the body until a server reset basically, before it dissapear? 

I had heard something like that but couldnt verify. I do remember being told to never take my eyes off a helicopter crash site to ensure it didnt despawn .  .  ..

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

I had heard something like that but couldnt verify. I do remember being told to never take my eyes off a helicopter crash site to ensure it didnt despawn .  .  ..

Yeah, I was watching SilentSentry on Twitch play the other day -- he had just looted a heli crash and had only walked a short distance away from it and when he next turned around to look at it, it had disappeared.  He was not right next to it, but was close enough to still see it clearly and then suddenly, it just wasn't there anymore.  I think the despawn radius for these things should probably be increased, because that was kind of immersion-breaking as well.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:19 PM, drgullen said:

Yeah, I was watching SilentSentry on Twitch play the other day -- he had just looted a heli crash and had only walked a short distance away from it and when he next turned around to look at it, it had disappeared.  He was not right next to it, but was close enough to still see it clearly and then suddenly, it just wasn't there anymore.  I think the despawn radius for these things should probably be increased, because that was kind of immersion-breaking as well.

I think they should leave them there longer, full stop. Make them both smoke when new, stop smoking once a player has been there, or ten to fifteen minutes after. Then just leave the wreck . .. . I dont know what spawns at these things now, but back in Jan when I last saw one, I got my SVD . . . .the rest was just clothes