Sign in to follow this  
bent.toe

Any changes with lean in 1.04?

@ImpulZ

Forgot to ask this, but i still hate the claw style and can never get used to it. Besides, in order to lean to the left you have to press two times, same to switch back to right lean. This is because the first press change shoulder view, the second activates lean in that direction. 

Could you atleast forward to the team to implement alternative controls and lean with left stick/right stick while LT is being pressed. 

Thanks. 

• Beans 2

They should really let console customise their controls. I’m not sure why it would be a problem?

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I hopped on the other day and i could only lean in one direction. Regardless, i like the controls personally but there needs to be custom binds for controller.

Edited by Robzom11

2 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

I hopped on the other day and i could only lean in one direction. Regardless, i like the controls personally but there needs to be custom binds for controller.

Though this was issue with my controller, glad to see it's a issue in-game

• Beans 1

I really hope they add custom controls, first they made it really awkward to free look & zoom by changing the controls for that. Now its the same button to free-look & zoom so you have to zoom then free look which is awful. then they mess up leaning by having to double tap to change from one direction to another, feels slow & clunky. I play a lot of Rainbow Six Siege & PUBG, the thumb-stick click for lean has been tried, tested & proven to be the best method for leaning in shooters on console. These random DayZ controller schemes seem like a needless attempt to reinvent the wheel. Plus in 2019 why isn't there a separate sensitivity slider for free-look, look, soft aim, ADS & for all scope magnifications? like every other shooter released in the last 5-10 years. I love DayZ or did before duping ruined it but these easy Quality of life changes make or break a game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Robzom11 Did you press the lean button twice, as described above? Because the first press only moves shoulder position. 

Im on 1pp servers, didn't try, also my right lean worked normally.

2 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

The thumb-stick click for lean has been tried, tested & proven to be the best method for leaning in shooters on console. These random DayZ controller schemes seem like a needless attempt to reinvent the wheel. .

This man know's what he's talking about. 

15 minutes ago, Robzom11 said:

Im on 1pp servers, didn't try, also my right lean worked normally.

Yes.. 1pp right lean always work right away because the shoulder position is to the right by default. Try it again. 

On 7/18/2019 at 11:29 PM, ThePugman said:

They should really let console customise their controls. I’m not sure why it would be a problem?

I guess it’s a cumbersome process. 

What they atleast could do is to have 3-4 different controller setups and one of them being lean with LT+ left/right stick. 

They implemented the lean like that so it fixed rolling while prone and was a side effect, we only have so many button combinations on our controllers lol.

Sign in to follow this