Big S.

The Upcoming Update

Love the game but cannot believe the upcoming PS4 update is going to improve the playability. This game is made for PC and badly adapted for consoles due to the tremendous PC mechanics in it but updating it to add more items and wipe out the progress of players is wrong. The very first update should be solo for playability improvement, tho I guess that will never happen. I'm positive that this game will never be consistent enough for the consoles, especially for PS4. I think they already screwed up. Just wait until the update comes out... It's sad tho...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big S. said:

Love the game but cannot believe the upcoming PS4 update is going to improve the playability. This game is made for PC and badly adapted for consoles due to the tremendous PC mechanics in it but updating it to add more items and wipe out the progress of players is wrong. The very first update should be solo for playability improvement, tho I guess that will never happen. I'm positive that this game will never be consistent enough for the consoles, especially for PS4. I think they already screwed up. Just wait until the update comes out... It's sad tho...

It will provide playability improvement.

Duping is detrimental to the servers and the performance of the game.

One of the main reasons for the wipe is to re-set everything, stop the duping,  and get the servers back on track.

I don't really like the fact that my progress will be wiped, but if the game is re-set, and then there is a more level playing field with the loot functioning as it should do, then so be it.

All the loot in this game should be for all the players, not just the few who dupe and then stash it all.

Edited by Duck Solo

2 hours ago, Big S. said:

You need to be a bit more precise what you would like to see improved in terms of "playability", it's a pretty broad term.

Yes, DayZ was designed for PC at the start and is still receiving a depth that makes it difficult to be transitioned to consoles. But we would like to share as much of the depth that makes DayZ so unique with both console communities, while trying to make it still fun to play.

As @Duck Solo already expressed, while we try to avoid wipes, this one sadly is necessary.

2 hours ago, Duck Solo said:

It will provide playability improvement.

Duping is detrimental to the servers and the performance of the game.

One of the main reasons for the wipe is to re-set everything, stop the duping,  and get the servers back on track.

I don't really like the fact that my progress will be wiped, but if the game is re-set, and then there is a more level playing field with the loot functioning as it should do, then so be it.

All the loot in this game should be for all the players, not just the few who dupe and then stash it all.

I agree buddy but the glitch for duplicating items is easily worked around and the devs know of it. TBH I think they are server and character wiping just to provide the feeling of freshness to the players because the duping is still going to be around. Also there are only a few items that when duplicated too much stop spawning, in fact, I believe that only the M4-A1 and the KA-M are the only high or higher grade guns that spawn in the world in Military locations and stop spawning with duping. LARs and VSDs will always spawn on the Heli Crashes independently of the duping. High grade guns are hard to find with or without the duping and all the devs are doing is: because they are adding new guns (I assume) and validating the use of so many items and also adding the throwing mechanics they feel like they have to make the community feel refreshed and feel like it's "a new game coming out". It's just an obvious business move, I do not believe the game is gonna get better. I've been gaming since '98 and also developed a few games myself with a small group of people so I know what I am saying. But stay positive most definitely.

Edited by Big S.

Heil crash sites stop spawning lar ans vsd coz of dupin as well found my 1st 1 today and just had mp40 and tent 

You've developed a few games yet dont understand how loot economy work , where in you make a comment about the svd and lar still spawning because they aren't effected by the dupping.  Ya ok 

I also cant await the update as there is meanigfull loot out there which becomes less meaningfull if duplicated 1000 times. I dont necessarly only mean the M4´s and other hyped stuff but also the giant bases build with 100reds of trees and 1000ends of nails (banned one in one of my films for history :-). It is obvicious that the system struggles a lot when you go nearer by producing several Bugs and freezes up to 2 or 3 minuts till all is uploaded and you are able to act. So it is obvicious that it effects the system a lot.

Also you then have Tent cyties with 10.000 Slots full of gear. It is absolutly the right thing to do to get the loot back to ist previously thought numbers on a map and make it therefore meaningfull again.

Also I hope the soft PS Version gets hardered with effects like bakteria infection having a serious consequens on the Long term, getting wet is hardered same for freezing and so on. Ist a joke that you just run yourself try again!

Finaly, I know that players always will look for glitches in special to duplicate or similar and possibly there is another way but actually is´nt that somehow the same as if I play a partie Chess with someone but dubbed me 3 Towers additional. this win doese´nt taste. A game only lives from the challenge it produces and if the challenge is taken away by using such glitches finaly it feels for me like cuting my own game content. Or in other words, the way is the objective not the goal. 

I hope the binding to Servers will turn the game to a new experience...

Edited by CPUTestUnit