Vernon Brown

Private server cost

On pc, a 30 player server are around $40/month and 100 player are $70.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, bent.toe said:

On pc, a 30 player server are around $40/month and 100 player are $70.

That's more than early access. Ionno bout 40$... I mean, I can afford it, but do I want to for that price is all I'm saying. Hopefully it's lower. Like 20-25$

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

That's more than early access. Ionno bout 40$... I mean, I can afford it, but do I want to for that price is all I'm saying. Hopefully it's lower. Like 20-25$

Yeah... Paying alone will suck if its above $15/month. It will take a miracle to bring back my 5 friends to play dayz, let alone have them pay a monthly cost for a server. 

Well how about fifteen of us pay a dollar each? I'd be up for that. It would be cool to play on a private server with the regulars from this forum. 

• Like 4

Anyone now if we will be able to change stuff in a private server like what player start with 

24 minutes ago, headcase said:

Anyone now if we will be able to change stuff in a private server like what player start with 

I guess we can only speculate until it happens. I imagine day/night cycle could be altered, loot economy could be adjusted, heli crash frequency, health regeneration, etc. 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I guess we can only speculate until it happens. I imagine day/night cycle could be altered, loot economy could be adjusted, heli crash frequency, health regeneration, etc. 

I'd keep it basically the same as it is now or default. I see myself only tweaking the day night cycle. Maybe revert the starter kit back to what it was or maybe even start with nothing. Prolly increase base building mats and equipment. Besides that I'd try to keep gear and weapons to a default setting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I'd keep it basically the same as it is now or default. I see myself only tweaking the day night cycle. Maybe revert the starter kit back to what it was or maybe even start with nothing. Prolly increase base building mats and equipment. Besides that I'd try to keep gear and weapons to a default setting.

Yeah, I'd maybe have 3/1 day/night ratio and keep loot default. I'd even be inclined to make ammo a bit more scarce. Maybe slightly increase durability of tools too if it was an option. I don't mind having to repair things, but sometimes it feels that tools wear out far too  quickly and I don't like to use the duct tape exploit. 

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, I'd maybe have 3/1 day/night ratio and keep loot default. I'd even be inclined to make ammo a bit more scarce. Maybe slightly increase durability of tools too if it was an option. I don't mind having to repair things, but sometimes it feels that tools wear out far too  quickly and I don't like to use the duct tape exploit. 

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean. This just has me thinking of all sorts of settings and options for us to tweak 😂 

17 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

and make breaking into a base take a longer time

• Beans 1

I wonder how much upload speed you need 2 host a 100 player server, hopefully everyone hosting has decent internet lol. I'd like to see a server that focuses on realism in everyway it can. What's with all the pc private servers having infinite stamina, shits wack imo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaximusDickus said:

and make breaking into a base take a longer time

Like, alot longer. Gonna take at least ten sledgehammers longer lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Like, alot longer. Gonna take at least ten sledgehammers longer lol

I liked it in the old mod where you needed a satchel charge or a chain saw, some very rare in the game. Or make the sledgehammer so heavy to carry that it makes it really awkward to carry around, make it really sap your stamina to carry one. 

8 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

I wonder how much upload speed you need 2 host a 100 player server, hopefully everyone hosting has decent internet lol. I'd like to see a server that focuses on realism in everyway it can. What's with all the pc private servers having infinite stamina, shits wack imo.

That is why there are rented servers, has nothing to do with your connection at home. 

It's not like in the old days where you had a dedicated PC as server and your speed depended on the latency etc. 

• Like 2

As and when prices come out I could chip in with other people for a rented server but it all comes down to the price at the end of the day. Hopefully we find out the costs soon.

If it's any help, I emailed ImpulZ who was kind enough to respond & asked about extra server details. He stated we would receive more info before the update is released. So don't expect the update till more official info is released. Doesn't help with info or a timescale but now you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1