TheYetiBum

Latest Status Report, exploit fixes & future DLC

So here's the link to the article for all those who don't follow DayZ on twitter  https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-july-2019 .

Great news about the full character & server wipe as well as private servers being introduced. But for me the best news is that fixes for duplication, server hopping & frame rate issues!

Also the hint of future DLC which i'm guessing is Sumrak's re-mastered Namalsk map, i could be wrong but it would make total sense as hes a part of the map creation team already. 

what do you think the DLC could be?  

• Like 1

Looking forward to the new fixes, i still don't know how private servers are going to be but if you can customize it (number of zombie and loot spawns, regulation of thirsty and hunger, etc) i might rent one so i can make the game a little more realistic/survival oriented.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

Looking forward to the new fixes, i still don't know how private servers are going to be but if you can customize it (number of zombie and loot spawns, regulation of thirsty and hunger, etc) i might rent one so i can make the game a little more realistic/survival oriented.

hopefully the private servers have a really robust set of server options for people who rent them, I'd like to see everything you've mentioned & more. alter weapon spawn rates, survivor spawn locations, how often loot respawns after being picked up, etc. we shall have to wait and see. Im excited to see what servers people will create

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit concerned about the status report in terms of continued content. 

They hinted that content will take a backseat to bug fixes.

While I expected a lot of weapons from 62 to make it in I expect we will see only a handful of these.

Regarding  "planned weapons" like the pk,saw and rpgs I expect we won't see any of these. (Had my hopes up with the introduction of tracer  ammo)

I expect choppers and bears( how good would they be) are not going to happen.

Really upset that broken limbs are not coming. There was huge gameplay potential with these.

Imagine breaking a leg falling off a rock at night in the forest and the slow scary crawl in the dark for salvation and the feeling of acomplishmet crawling out of the woods as dawn breaks to a village with warmth, food and water.

Or getting the quick draw on the guy who betrays you and knocking him unconscious.  He wakes up begs for his life or a second chance and instead of executing him you put one in his leg to break it. You walk away leaving him to his fate just as you hear the wolves howl.

Edited by awalsh47

Future DLC is going to be the BR mode for the PC or new map for PC would be even better. I doubt Consoles get anything interesting because PS4 release just happend.

1 hour ago, awalsh47 said:

I'm a bit concerned about the status report in terms of continued content. 

They hinted that content will take a backseat to bug fixes.

While I expected a lot of weapons from 62 to make it in I expect we will see only a handful of these.

Regarding  "planned weapons" like the pk,saw and rpgs I expect we won't see any of these. (Had my hopes up with the introduction of tracer  ammo)

I expect choppers and bears( how good would they be) are not going to happen.

Really upset that broken limbs are not coming. There was huge gameplay potential with these.

Imagine breaking a leg falling off a rock at night in the forest and the slow scary crawl in the dark for salvation and the feeling of acomplishmet crawling out of the woods as dawn breaks to a village with warmth, food and water.

Or getting the quick draw on the guy who betrays you and knocking him unconscious.  He wakes up begs for his life or a second chance and instead of executing him you put one in his leg to break it. You walk away leaving him to his fate just as you hear the wolves howl.

They're basically saying it's done after the new year. Rip DayZ

F

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@TheYetiBumit’s already been confirmed that it ISN’T Namalsk.

@headcase by the end of July they said. I’d put my money on next week,

Where did they confirm it wont be Namalsk? if you could link it i'd appreciate it.

2 hours ago, MaximusDickus said:

Future DLC is going to be the BR mode for the PC or new map for PC would be even better. I doubt Consoles get anything interesting because PS4 release just happend.

They mention future DLC as separate to the BR in the status report article so it cant be that dude. they specifically call the BR a new game mode after mentioning that they'd talk about the future DLC later on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, headcase said:

You guys think we get the update this week more what 

Could be anytime between now & the end of July, totally depends on if & when it passes Xbox's Patch Validation Process. It may not pass at all, which would mean it would need further fixes before being submitted again (This doesn't happen often though). hope this helps.

I’ve just heard that some pc players have found a way to dupe items since the 1.04 build was released.

I don’t know if it’s something console players will be able to reproduce, though that’s a let down if it’s true.

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

I’ve just heard that some pc players have found a way to dupe items since the 1.04 build was released.

I don’t know if it’s something console players will be able to reproduce, though that’s a let down if it’s true.

I just dont get it, why do players even want to dupe if it ruins the game. When the loot balance is right it's not that hard to go out and find a kit, damn these idiots..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smudgegard said:

I just dont get it, why do players even want to dupe if it ruins the game. When the loot balance is right it's not that hard to go out and find a kit, damn these idiots..

I’m with ya man. I think it’s the lazy, instant gratification seeking culture we live in these days, unfortunately.

• Like 3

It's kids.. They are used to get everything and fast. 

• Like 1

@TheYetiBumHey yeti, well im sorry to say i dont think they fixed the duping dude...judging by what impulz said in his reply to my question in the report thread, according to him duping will never be completely fixed, same with meatballing apparently so.... I dont know what to think anymore my guy

• Like 1

@TheYetiBum 

My qusetion: Ok, im glad you have decided to give us console players private servers but can you at least give us more info on them?

As far as your duping fix is concerned well i'll believe it when i see it because you said you fixed it once before and ended up making it easier so....

Lastly, meatballing, this for me is worse than duping as it alters the characters look in a way that gives an advantage over players who are not using it imo so, please, for the love of god, can you give us some info on how you are going to tackle it? Please?

Impulz replied: More information on the private servers will be provided once we get closer to the update release.

Duping is an issue that will most probably never be fixed completely. What we do is check and fix all prominent reproduction steps that come to us. So this is not a guarantee that everything is fixed, but it is one more step in our constant efforts to fight it.

It is similar for meatballing, we have tested and fixed several methods that have been reported to us.

But even with this update goes: If you see any possible exploit, report it to us as soon as possible, so that we can get working on a fix

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smudgegard said:

My guess is they're bad at the game & don't like taking the chance of getting killed by decent players trying to loot. So as soon as they get a good gun they hide & dupe then go kill fresh spawns.

• Like 1

Welp, ImpulZ mentioned in the July feedback thread that they have no plans to implement mods for console..

Also that duping and meatballing May never be completely fixed...

*heavy sigh*

@RicKaTaNski thanks for the heads up , I really wish they'd just implement instant deletion of all items held in hands at logout, just put a warning on the log out screen that all items or weapons held in hand at log out will be deleted, unlucky if you have a power cut or quick switch profiles or whatever. Its a game & you can just loot again to get a gun or whatever. I'd personally be fine with this method of fixing duping. especially now character can carry a weapon on both shoulders & shouldn't be running with a gun in hand anyway. Its not a perfect solution but it'd completely stop duplication & make the game playable

What does everybody think of this?

• Like 2

Someone said bandanas should be replaced with rags since it don't work with the meatball glitch.. You appearantly need rags... which everyone spawns with.