ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.152148

Hello Survivors,

We have a new Experimental Update going live. Please, report encountered bugs here or in our Feedback Tracker.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Duplicated smoke grenade particles after reconnect
  • Fixed: A client error tied to throwing a ranged weapon
  • Fixed: An issue with glitched weapons caused by reload using the quick bar
  • Fixed: Unresponsive server browser after a failed connect
  • Fixed: A client error connected to base building
  • Fixed: A method of weapon duplication/server crash
  • Fixed: A server crash caused in player networking
  • Like 5
  • Beans 4

6 minutes ago, Aussie Cleetus said:

Still no fix for almost 50% of the doors not working?

What doors not working >> ?? Ive had zero issues with doors .. unless ur on a modded that has issues and desync .. Ive had one or two modded servers that have had the issue on ..but the rest doors are flawless

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Thats it, no more duping and mil base hopping jerkies.

Was hoping for a fix for cars despawning after server crash. Cars are useless 😕 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, justice5150 said:

Was hoping for a fix for cars despawning after server crash. Cars are useless 😕 

This is never going to be fixed, not completely anyway.  A complete redesign of persistence would be necessary to fix this 100% of the time which is definitely not happening at this stage of the game.  Any server crash may wipe some or all of the persistence files, of which cars that have been touched by a player are a part of.  The attitude towards cars needs to be the same as the attitude towards gear -- as the saying goes in DayZ, "don't get attached to your gear, it'll soon be gone."

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, drgullen said:

This is never going to be fixed, not completely anyway.  A complete redesign of persistence would be necessary to fix this 100% of the time which is definitely not happening at this stage of the game.  Any server crash may wipe some or all of the persistence files, of which cars that have been touched by a player are a part of.  The attitude towards cars needs to be the same as the attitude towards gear -- as the saying goes in DayZ, "don't get attached to your gear, it'll soon be gone."

And if your car doesnt respawn after a server crash, the God of DayZ expects a sacrifice from you.

36 minutes ago, drgullen said:

[...]A complete redesign of persistence would be necessary to fix this 100% of the time[...]

How do you know?

29 minutes ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

How do you know?

I know because I ran a server for a while and I understand how it works.  The current design has persistence written to actual files stored on the server.  It is a bad design, because if the server exe was in the middle of writing to said files when it crashed, those files get corrupted and ignored the next time the server starts, causing some items not be loaded into the world.  Using a database for persistence that can roll back for incomplete transactions would have been the better way to go.

A redesign like that would essentially be a "DayZ 2.0" and I don't see server crashes suddenly being completed fixed, so things disappearing is simply always going to be a thing in DayZ.

4 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I know because I ran a server for a while and I understand how it works.  The current design has persistence written to actual files stored on the server.  It is a bad design, because if the server exe was in the middle of writing to said files when it crashed, those files get corrupted and ignored the next time the server starts, causing some items not be loaded into the world.  Using a database for persistence that can roll back for incomplete transactions would have been the better way to go.

A redesign like that would essentially be a "DayZ 2.0" and I don't see server crashes suddenly being completed fixed, so things disappearing is simply always going to be a thing in DayZ.

Yes I ran a server too, so I'm familiar with how the storage works, but what I'm asking is, how do you know, that it would take DayZ 2.0? How do you know, how much work was needed to make it better? Are you a programmer yourself?

3 minutes ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Yes I ran a server too, so I'm familiar with how the storage works, but what I'm asking is, how do you know, that it would take DayZ 2.0? How do you know, how much work was needed to make it better? Are you a programmer yourself?

Yes, I am a programmer.  It would take a redesign to eliminate persistence items disappearing due to server crashes.  This would be a significant change to the way the game currently operates affecting most aspects of it.  Based on the Status Report we got today, we ain't gettin' any significant development anymore, so I don't see the way that persistence works changing anytime soon, do you?  This means, as long as we have server crashes, we're gonna have disappearing items.

18 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Yes, I am a programmer.  It would take a redesign to eliminate persistence items disappearing due to server crashes.  This would be a significant change to the way the game currently operates affecting most aspects of it.  Based on the Status Report we got today, we ain't gettin' any significant development anymore, so I don't see the way that persistence works changing anytime soon, do you?  This means, as long as we have server crashes, we're gonna have disappearing items.

Well, then I will very unwillingly take your word for it, because I really don't like what I'm hearing there... 😄

So what exactly is happening to the servers? I have worked reallyyy hard to get my base safe and armed. Will all of my gear be gone when the update comes or no?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kod3Roguee said:

So what exactly is happening to the servers? I have worked reallyyy hard to get my base safe and armed. Will all of my gear be gone when the update comes or no?

I did the very same thing you did. Built a camp all night, repaired two cars. But this is a necessary step to eliminate crashes/duping exploits and most importantly, server hopping. And yes everything will be wiped out.

Edited by BAHADIR