ThePugman

Parity with 0.62 and DayZ Mod

In the July status report, @ImpulZ said the following:

“Parity with 0.62 and the DayZ Mod – full parity isn't possible because of the engine specifics. While features from 5 years ago are exciting, we want to remind you: most of the features didn't really work properly back then, and this is why it wasn't a final game.”

It’s got me racking my brains for what features ‘didn’t really work’.

I’m relatively new to playing DayZ (December 2018) so don’t have firsthand knowledge of what ‘didn’t work’, only through old videos.

Could the experienced players please fill me in, so we can speculate what they may or may not have cut.

I know it’s just conjecture, and nothing official, but I feel it’s a discussion worth having.

Thanks.

Almost all survival type mechanics have been removed: traps, fishing, gardening, crafting etc.

The bow and arrows 

Decent medical system 

Transportation; 3vs,  buses, ladas all worked decent

This just of the top of my head....

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Many mechanics were obviously a placeholder - the bow could work better (its first iterations were ridiculously unusable), fishing wasn't that interesting really (don't get me wrong, I loved to have this option, but didn't use it that often).

Fish and rabbit traps and better crafting (leather!), those things I miss. And the later bow was actually very useful against zeds.

But I'm saying it just to stress that those features, while in, obviously needed a lot of love  and were WIP. And the way I read the above sentence, the way they didn't work properly is now a handwave excuse to discard them forever or relegate to DLC in 2022.

We can reverse this question - which features work as intended now and can be considered complete?

And let's not forget that the new engine was supposed to help new elements roll in quickly, and not just improve performance...

(I'm so dismayed by this latest SR)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

@McWendy Yeah, I already know all the old features but just wondering which ones were broken enough to abandon. I’d be surprised if the V3S doesn’t come. Its in the offline mod, and you can even get in it and add parts. Same with the fishing traps . Although that doesn’t mean they won’t abandon them now.

@Kirov (DayZ) Yeah, it was strange how they said full parity wouldn’t be possible due to the engine differences. This is supposed to be part of Bohemia’s engine going forward for many years, so how could it not accommodate stuff that was attempted years ago?

• Beans 1

20 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Many mechanics were obviously a placeholder - the bow could work better (its first iterations were ridiculously unusable), fishing wasn't that interesting really (don't get me wrong, I loved to have this option, but didn't use it that often).

Fish and rabbit traps and better crafting (leather!), those things I miss. And the later bow was actually very useful against zeds.

But I'm saying it just to stress that those features, while in, obviously needed a lot of love  and were WIP. And the way I read the above sentence, the way they didn't work properly is now a handwave excuse to discard them forever or relegate to DLC in 2022.

We can reverse this question - which features work as intended now and can be considered complete?

And let's not forget that the new engine was supposed to help new elements roll in quickly, and not just improve performance...

(I'm so dismayed by this latest SR)

This really explains it all. Yes, most of it was not perfect, but a lot of stuff is not perfect now, so that's not an excuse. And most of those things aren't even that hard to make like fishing, fish traps, etc.

This SR has me really furious. Yet again are they cutting back on shit and stabbing us on the back, it's unbelievable.

• Beans 3

did they really just announce they were releasing dlc this year?? am i misunderstanding or is this going to be a paid dlc?

• Beans 2

thanks, the good thing about dlc is that you dont have to buy it.... i certainly wont be! 🙂  total shambles

1 hour ago, IMT said:

This really explains it all. Yes, most of it was not perfect, but a lot of stuff is not perfect now, so that's not an excuse. And most of those things aren't even that hard to make like fishing, fish traps, etc.

This SR has me really furious. Yet again are they cutting back on shit and stabbing us on the back, it's unbelievable.

Like in December, with their 'the basic game loop is there', I almost admire the way they spin things. 'Come on, guys, did you really expect the features which half-worked in 2016 to work now on a different engine?? Who do you think we are, some wizards?'

Almost.

• Beans 2

I think the bow will be returned in a new update. First, they returned the grenades. So soon the bow will return! Maybe!

I'm waiting for fishing. The problem is the dupe they disabled. It loaded the server, many dupe apples.

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, ThePugman said:

@s1dz Yes, check their Twitter replies. Looks like a new map. Probably paid DLC.

Even though when they had integrity they said all dlcs will be free in the form of post 1.0 updates ... how so many things have changed in such a short amount of time .

The Dayz devs have officially sold their souls and their game to the devil of the video game industry , which is the shallow end of gaming called battle royale ... but before that they cut out all the good and expected content from Dayz sa even though they had it all in a mod built on an engine with less “capability” than this enfusion engine that took them soooo long to make . 

We were supposed to be happiest with the product closer to the final 1.0 but it’s been the opposite with Dayz sa ; most of us were happier before when vehicles actually worked and we were only a few years into development with hunting and fishing working perfectly fine with an albeit simple yet working disease system . ... now everything is being streamlined or pushed off further into the distance even though we were promised quite the opposite when the engine was finally put into the game 100%.

• Beans 1

0.62 was GOOD         ...  plenty versions before that were good too ..

(maybe some ideas about << What is SURVIVAL>>  were wandering, a bit odd and strangely deviant.. but what the hell.. they should have left more forested wilderness and not built so many towns..& etc & etc & etc & etc..  but what the hell.. )  That 0.62 was GOOD. I played

the MOD was GREAT ..  NO Probs = ZERO Probs with THAT game. I played until the hacks massacred it.

• Beans 1

I stopped playing when they removed the bow. I like the hermit style of playing these games. Which in Its current form is unrewarding

I tell you what, most reasonable people would have accepted the difficulties of creating parity if the official statement wasn't so badly put together.

"stop whining about parity, what we implemented previously was so bad or broken that we can't be bothered to figure it out"

pPdNZ3c.jpg

The "you wouldn't notice the improvements in the game anyway because you are too stupid" was just the 'shit icing' on the 'fuck you' cake.

Edited by rickyriot
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1