ImpulZ

Status Report - July 2019

Should just close that Trello account down. None of it is ever going to see the light of day =(.

25 minutes ago, Robzom11 said:

What about adding a medical tab to explain your characters current medical conditions and treatment options? I think this game being hard is what drew most players towards it, nobody wants a walk in the park.  Additionaly i notice most people left the game because of how buggy it is, not because they couldn't figure out how somethings works, or because something is too hardcore. You guys might aswell go all in instead of trying to cater to both sides, as the casual side isn't exactly a crowd that would be interested in this game to begin with or for long, and if they are then i don't see why they wouldn't enjoy more hardcore systems, as long as theres a way to understand them  (i.e, a medical tab).

Also, the players who want the more arcadey no-stamina peeveepee gameplay will mod out most survival mechanics anyway. Vanilla should be the hardcore base from which deviants mod to other experiences.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Also, the players who want the more arcadey no-stamina peeveepee gameplay will mod out most survival mechanics anyway. Vanilla should be the hardcore base from which deviants mod to other experiences.

Catering to everyone will just make the product disappear among the competitors and turn mediocre. There are people in every single survivalish / zombie/whatever mmo game out there that want something more realistic that the arcadey stuff every single other game has ATM. And there is not a single game offering that. DayZ was that game, but looks like they are going the mediocre non visionary way of the average product for the average consumer. Which is sad.

DUG is a good case example inside the game. They decided to go HC even when no one wanted that at the time, but it was the only opportunity to be "different" from every other server out there. Now look at them, planing on launching extra servers because they cant cope with the people that want to play the game and the new players attracted by a harsher experience. 

One need balls to climb up the stair and be something, otherwise you just merge with the formless average. 

Edited by exwoll
  • Beans 4

On 7/17/2019 at 11:26 PM, Tom_48_97 said:

However, we are also working on new content for the core game; we're just not yet ready to specify any details.

Unless it is at a bare minimum on parity with 0.62's content, still deceptive sales. Promising one product in efforts to boost sales, then delivering a completely different one. This is why I quit modding. It's disgusting and illegal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When can I rent a Ps4 server for dayz and where if possible and did you have any recommendations Hense partners you would like to lead me to

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Exactly. Even with stuff like base raiding I'm in favour of 'authenticity', meaning 'yes, you can dismantle a wooden wall with a sledgehammer/axe'. Because my overall attitude towards griefed bases is 'learn to hide your shit better, this is a huge map'. You don't like it? Fine, there are both community servers with an explicit base raid ban, and mods which make it so much more difficult (by introducing special tools etc). But the baseline should be a 'gritty survival horror game'.

There will be so many servers for casual pvpers to choose from, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

11 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Exactly. Even with stuff like base raiding I'm in favour of 'authenticity', meaning 'yes, you can dismantle a wooden wall with a sledgehammer/axe'. Because my overall attitude towards griefed bases is 'learn to hide your shit better, this is a huge map'. You don't like it? Fine, there are both community servers with an explicit base raid ban, and mods which make it so much more difficult (by introducing special tools etc). But the baseline should be a 'gritty survival horror game'.

There will be so many servers for casual pvpers to choose from, anyway.

What a nonsense.... You build a base that you spend many hours on to just be dismantled by some griefers within 15 minutes. This has nothing to do with hardcore, only unbalance. Also, It is impossible to hide a base, it will be find eventually. Raiding should be difficult and time consuming. Raiding a base should be (time-wise) just as intensive as fixing up a car. 

• Beans 1

14 minutes ago, amadieus said:

What a nonsense.... You build a base that you spend many hours on to just be dismantled by some griefers within 15 minutes. This has nothing to do with hardcore, only unbalance. Also, It is impossible to hide a base, it will be find eventually. Raiding should be difficult and time consuming. Raiding a base should be (time-wise) just as intensive as fixing up a car. 

I agree with the balance part, but there's more to this issue, which I already talked about here and don't want to derail the topic.

Basically, I have bad impressions from Exile, where the experience was more or less immersive and 'authentic' (really mind the quotes here), but other people's bases were to me like giant signs 'THIS IS A GAME, YOU'RE PLAYING A GAME NOW'. Ridiculous, Escher-like structures made of wood impenetrable to tank shells... And you could actually put an aircraft hangar in your pockets. I will never forget my friend's line 'dude, I think I lost my hangar somewhere around here'.

My immersion wasn't just hurt, it was kicked in the nuts. I'd grief only bases which are 'otherworldly', normal wooden huts I leave intact.

Just my 2 cents, let's go back to the 'please deliver the concept as promised 6 years ago' issue.

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, exwoll said:

DUG is a good case example inside the game. They decided to go HC even when no one wanted that at the time, but it was the only opportunity to be "different" from every other server out there. Now look at them, planing on launching extra servers because they cant cope with the people that want to play the game and the new players attracted by a harsher experience. 

exactly.  DUG has renewed my faith that a hardcore vision of the game will exist even if the devs cant get it done right.  its pretty much the only server i play on nowadays.

i will admit though that i play on Trumps Wall from time to time just to get some quick gun play in to keep my skills sharp lol

may i also add the DUG mods and admins seem pretty cool and engaged with the community which is very much alive on that server and they stress the hardcore aspects by adjusting what tools can be used to break down walls and how long it takes, no apples and mushrooms to live off etc  there are other adjustments to the game on that server too.  worth checking out if you are looking for the most HC version as of now.

Edited by mjf6866
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 hours ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

Yes there is modding for some games on xbox and more coming .. see this 
https://www.windowscentral.com/paradox-interactive-and-microsoft-announce-paradox-mods-xbox-one-and-pc

The only titles that supports modding via Xbox are Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Fall Out 4, they are outliers and Bethesda has partnered with Microsoft to make this happen. And what do they have in common, single player only IPs. Third party mod menus used on PC games where the serious modding is done won’t be allowed by Microsoft at all and would facilitate cheating for online/multiplayer games.

We’ll never see modding options for Day Z created by independent users on console.

Impulz already stated it’s not a thing that’s going to happen.

Edited by RussianReavers

On 7/17/2019 at 12:08 PM, Just Caused said:

Arma 2 and 3 have many paid DLCs; it's their business model. On top of that, DayZ's player base has substantially grown recently. This means there are more consumers and Bohemia Interactive is a company. So what else did you expect?

Your also the one who bought an unfinished game to begin with. So what's DLC on top of that?

Edited by mattdmg
  • Beans 1

I can appreciate the fact that Impulz has taken the time out of his day to respond back regarding a good majority of these questions.

Right on, man.  I think that this update has been a long time coming, and at the minimum.. very, very frustrating to endure the wait especially given the desync issues experienced throughout the latter of 1.02 patches. 

However, I believe that the time spent in waiting has brought the attention and detail to provide a better experience that we all have sought after and asked you guys for to begin with. 

Thanks.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, bent.toe said:

Really? Care to explain all those PC modded content on farming sim 17/19? For both xbox and ps4.

If you look at which games that has some kind of mod-support (which really is not that many on Xbox) then you will notice that most of them if not all are single-player titles and not massive multiplayer games like DayZ.

The Xbox-system is a closed system that you can't tinker with as a regular user, and being able to upload scripts that affects how servers work and whatnot would possible allow for backdoors to the system.

If BI had their say in it then mods would probably be out for the xbox-version already, but that is Microsofts decision...

It’s really hard to aim on PS4 please at 2 different sensitivity setting one for aiming down sights one for 3 rd person 

5 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

If you look at which games that has some kind of mod-support (which really is not that many on Xbox) then you will notice that most of them if not all are single-player titles and not massive multiplayer games like DayZ.

The Xbox-system is a closed system that you can't tinker with as a regular user, and being able to upload scripts that affects how servers work and whatnot would possible allow for backdoors to the system.

If BI had their say in it then mods would probably be out for the xbox-version already, but that is Microsofts decision...

You are right, not many but we are starting to see Light in the tunnel. 

Fyi farming sim 17/19 mods from PC user created work in multiplayer. 

20 hours ago, mattdmg said:

Arma 2 and 3 have many paid DLCs; it's their business model. On top of that, DayZ's player base has substantially grown recently. This means there are more consumers and Bohemia Interactive is a company. So what else did you expect?

Your also the one who bought an unfinished game to begin with. So what's DLC on top of that?

Me buying game in early access has absolutely nothing to do with buying DLC later on (if I decide to). I expect them to finish making the game, put all avaliable DayZ Dev resources into the game, atleast reintroduce old stuff and start adding new stuff to the game. Anything before that, making DLC or any such thing that requires payment is, atleast to me, pure disrespect and spit in community's face. They haven't even done making the game, they think about making DLC! Hey, is anywhere this thing normal?!  I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this as a very, very wrong move on behalf of BI. Most of DayZ veterans will tell you the same.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 4:49 AM, ThePugman said:

From what they said, they had pretty much reached the limits of the old engine. The new engine makes the game look a million times better. Performance is miles ahead. There is obviously still a lot of tweaking to do, but it will only improve. Just have a look at the difference between early builds of the old engine and .62 (the last legacy build). I can only imagine how good this new engine will look and perform in a few more years. 

So, how much better does it look than ARMA3? Given ARMA3 uses the RV Engine (and given DZSA took ARMA's Eden lighting system iirc)

Have you seen how beautiful the ARMA3 Contact DLC map Livonia looks with all those ported opened DZSA buildings? 😉

Edited by Grahame

7 minutes ago, Grahame said:

So, how much better does it look than ARMA3? Given ARMA3 uses the RV Engine (and given DZSA took ARMA's Eden lighting system iirc)

Have you seen how beautiful the ARMA3 Contact DLC map Livonia looks with all those ported opened DZSA buildings? 😉

It's not so much the looks, but the performance.  Without question, DayZ New Engine runs much smoother than DayZ Old Engine -- walking into specific areas back then, my frames would tank sometimes to the single digits.

It's just a shame this game will never have the parity with .62 -- well, it won't from the official devs anyway -- I'm sure in the coming months/years, the modding community will step in and drag this thing over the finish line.

6 minutes ago, drgullen said:

It's not so much the looks, but the performance.  Without question, DayZ New Engine runs much smoother than DayZ Old Engine -- walking into specific areas back then, my frames would tank sometimes to the single digits.

It's just a shame this game will never have the parity with .62 -- well, it won't from the official devs anyway -- I'm sure in the coming months/years, the modding community will step in and drag this thing over the finish line.

But does it run better than ARMA3 under player load and with 150 vehicles. My only gripe is Bohemia disparaging Real Virtuality assuming that we don't know that it is still the ARMA3 (their flagship product)'s engine.

Which raises the question of why they did not use the ARMA3 engine... or what they did to it in development?

Edited by Grahame

@Grahame

Right now, I imagine Arma 3’s engine works better under stress (high player and vehicle count), but it’s an old engine with years of optimisation. It’s still early days for Enfusion. Bohemia said they needed a multi platform engine for the next 10-15 years, so there’s still lots of work and improvements to be made. 

I also think that DayZ’s map looks stunning right now, and I’m sure it will only get better. Just look at the difference between early DayZ builds and .62. Hell, even 1.04 looks miles better than .63.

They definitely need to work on the interiors, though. Those assets are stuck in the Arma 2 era.

Do Bohemia workers even bother with the Feedback tracker at this point? I haven't seen any responses or interactions lately. I personally haven't been able to play the game since around February with the crashing bug I could not fix on my own and I somehow hoped they would fix it along the way, especially that I saw other people reporting the same thing. I would come back and check if anything changed along the way, but nope. They haven't fixed it, of course, so I finally reported it myself, but it seems nobody even touches that thing anymore. I have defended the devs throughout the years, but this is really close to them crossing the line.😑

7 hours ago, indian the hawk said:

Do Bohemia workers even bother with the Feedback tracker at this point? I haven't seen any responses or interactions lately. I personally haven't been able to play the game since around February with the crashing bug I could not fix on my own and I somehow hoped they would fix it along the way, especially that I saw other people reporting the same thing. I would come back and check if anything changed along the way, but nope. They haven't fixed it, of course, so I finally reported it myself, but it seems nobody even touches that thing anymore. I have defended the devs throughout the years, but this is really close to them crossing the line.😑

Just would have been enough for them to have continued updating the feature/content list they had going for a VERY short period of time.

The colored check boxes were ALL too revealing and I guess they realized it made it too easy for us customers to see just how poor their deliverables were.

And who else wanted that thing pinned on these forums....in front of all the Status Reports? Again....nothing keeps you as honest as a bright shining billboard plastered with WRITTEN commitments!

Even given how things have gone down regarding the promises or best-guesses from us.....popping in to these forums and having a quick glance on the Game ProgressTracker would have alleviated LOT of our frustrated and confused posts. methinks....

Or....Am I just not privy to the whereabouts of that tracker?

I tried a quick search. but came up empty. 

Edited by philbur

On 7/20/2019 at 3:12 AM, drgullen said:

It is only performance and player movement which is exactly what was needed for console releases...it defenetely looks not as good as Arma 3 ( which is an old game). Weather, Lighting and especially far distant view is looking horrible outdated and it seems to be the price for a better perfomance. Again  I personally would give a fuck about 60 FPS if I just could get all the good gameplay features that were in or promised but were then cut out....

• Like 1

So are guns like the M4 and AK actually going to be able to be found on console? In anywhere but the duper tents because it’s making the game longwinded and impossible to find any military grade weapons. The best weapon I’ve found was the SK. Is it being sorted??