ImpulZ

Status Report - July 2019

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Namalsk is not the official DLC discussed in this Status Report.

There will be more features, more details on that at a later stage.

@ImpulZ

I think we all appreciate the communication and update, but can we please stop the cloak and dagger aspects to these reports already?  Why does Bohemia constantly do this to its fans?  We are fans of your game, do you not get that?  Telling us there will be DLC and then not explaining what it is.  Telling us there will be more features, yet apparently, some of the stuff that was in .62 is never coming back.  So, is this new features that were never previously in the game?  Please elaborate!

How long must we wait now until we find out these things?  Let me guess...we won't know what the DLC is until the day it's available for purchase, assuming we'll have to pay for it, which you also haven't made clear here.  Let me guess... we also won't know what features are still to come until the Experimental Update posting of it whenever that happens.

Can you not simply provide us a revised list of planned features to be implemented in 1.05 and beyond?  We don't need dates per say, as in we're working to have such-n-such implemented by 1.05, then this thing by 1.06 -- just give us an idea of what you mean by "features".  Please give us a list of what is yet to come and what is now off the table, so we're all on the same page here.  Please, for the love of God, enough with the vagueness of these SRs.

• Like 7

I see so many people complaining but they've actually put so much into this update including private servers and I think we should give them a little time before we jumped on their backs for not putting things in the game that we knew weren't there when we bought it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Doug Fuoco said:

I see so many people complaining but they've actually put so much into this update including private servers and I think we should give them a little time before we jumped on their backs for not putting things in the game that we knew weren't there when we bought it

They were there when I bought it. Like a lot of us had. Just because you joined the party only recently doesnt mean it wasnt there. 

So please dont make stupid comments like that. 

• Beans 2

7 minutes ago, Doug Fuoco said:

I don't think that this is about "not putting things", but more about BI communicating with us (community).. Instead of that, they hide behind words, plays mysterious with contend which will come, or which will NOT come..

• Beans 1

I'm a new player on console, but have followed the development of this game for several years now. I want to make it clear that I would be very disappointed if the survival aspects of this game aren't fleshed out as expected. Currently, general survival is far too easy. Water and food are plentiful, and staying well fed and hydrated doesn't feel like a real threat at all. I'd love to see more environmental effects, diseases, health effects, infection, more threats to my player that aren't zombies or other players. I don't want this game to become another shooter game with superficial survival aspects. I want this game to be a survival game first, where you have to battle the elements, zombies, and other players equally to survive. 

Otherwise, love that the game is on console, and excited to see how it goes! Love all the other news about more content, the focus on optimization, and overall development. I really enjoy interacting with other players, and would love to see some more features added on that end as well. 

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

is fishing coming this year`?
i have allready crafted bone hooks and waiting at black lake to get some fish

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

As said in the Status Report, we will not commit to it. But "complex" is relative, which is the main point here. You can always make an idea more complicated, for example broken limbs including recovery times with changing animations and much more. So we would like to expand on the medical gameplay, but there will be a limit as to how detailed we can make it.

Can you estimate what the limit is? Has BI decided when DayZ Development is going to stop? BI has to decide how much money to put in the game right? Money must ultimately be the limiting factor obviously, because if there was infinite money then there would be no reason not to bring things to full detail, if anything else would be favouring said expanded detail/complexity.

So, is there a termination date? Or is it secret?

• Like 3

Tl;dr

R.I.P DayZ

Don't expect further development after the new year.

No advanced medical system.

No bow.

No fishing.

No parity with .62. Basically saying we will never see like 95% of what was already in the game. Ever.

More lead devs leaving the company.

DLC?! Wtf???

2020 and beyond will be developed by modders.

New guns and gear.

At least we're getting private servers. Watch they charge like 30$ a month lol

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

thank you for the status report.  i (we) really appreciate some form of communication other than twitter about our beloved game.  i've been playing since SA was released December of 2013 and its still my most played game all these years later. 

REALLY hoping broken limbs make it back along with fishing and making traps.  thank you @ImpulZfor taking the time to come on here and answer questions (as much as you can).  i dont have a twitter account so these forums are my spot for news chatter.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

aAHRVDw.png

Not really, they just said they still have work to do with the health system. We only had a quarter of the system with the 1.04, another update will bring contagious sickness while another add contaminated areas (linked to the health system).

EDIT:

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

The rough explanation is that players can get sick in the game. Most diseases are spread via agents. Agents are what gets transferred from items to items (by liquid transfer), players to players (by coughing, sneezing) and players to items (by consumption). The player's immunity system, if strong enough, kills the agents, otherwise the agent grows and -reaching a certain threshold- will trigger a disease. Agents on items can be cleaned off with appropriate items (water purification, disinfectant, cooking..)

Players can find medical items around the world, which will provide a help in countering the agent infection.

But you have to see that the forums here only represent a certain very hard core of all players, and that this system is obviously already way more complicated than many other games out there offer, making it more difficult to grasp for newcomers, and to a certain degree frustrating if even balanced slightly wrong.

No bow.

No fishing.

Why do people thinks of this features first ? In 0.62 we had them yeah right, but this was not the biggest feature.... Contaminated areas are more important for example... And on this point I think we just need to wait a couple of month to see if I'm right.

No parity with .62. Basically saying we will never see like 95% of what was already in the game. Ever.

lkSXSEY.png

They just said the 0.62 have clunky features and never worked like they intended to. This is why they can't, because they don't want a clunky mechanic... Just look at the grenades....

Like in any video games company. Nothing new...

DLC?! Wtf???

I have to agree it's a big surprise.... Even if Namalsk was announced as a free MOD... Maybe it's now going to be a DLC ?

All the missing content can't be sold like in ArmA... You can't sell a helicopters/vehicles/weapons dlc, would be annoying for everyone....

However new vehicles/weapons for a new map (like the map from ArmA III contact DLC for example) seems realistic... So maybe Namaslk ?

EDIT:

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Namalsk is not the official DLC discussed in this Status Report.

There will be more features, more details on that at a later stage. As mentioned in the Status Report, the Survivor GameZ are currently intended as a free Alpha test, while we consider them for an additional game mode.

However, there will be a paid DLC at the end of the year (which is not Survivor GameZ, nor Namalsk). Regarding that, we stand by our word that no previously promised features will be hidden behind a paywall.

Like in ArmA.... ?

Edited by Lt.Master
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Doug Fuoco said:

I failed to read that they were charging for it

It was not in the original post..

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

However, there will be a paid DLC at the end of the year (which is not Survivor GameZ, nor Namalsk). Regarding that, we stand by our word that no previously promised features will be hidden behind a paywall.

I can't tell you how depressing reading this status report was for someone who has stuck around, watching, waiting, listening to the hype, the feature promises, dev roadmaps and the hardcore DayZ forum defense league blasting everything and anything anyone who had anything negative to say about how slow and cumbersome this whole DayZ early access through to half ass release experience has been over the Years and you know what? Fuck it, I have almost nothing left to say. I just hope my money all them years ago went to Dean Hall, just for the experience of experiencing DayZ, ever since he left Bohemia I've always assumed the worse for DayZ. Well, Worse Confirmed.

I rode the new engine bandwagon, it had to make things better and for sure it has, hell I play modded servers and can actually enjoy playing the game, I've had more than my moneys worth if you factor in time played.. but honestly there's ZERO excuse for the multiple broken promises from you guys over the years (please don't make me quote posts or provide proofs, those who know, know), it's actually quite disgraceful how you've gone about things. 

We should get an apology, are you (BI) man enough to say sorry for years, of frankly, bullshit? Unless of course you are going to eventually deliver? actually nah.. trouble is, given your track record.. people probably won't believe you either way so just forget it.

• Beans 1

41 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Tl;dr

R.I.P DayZ

Don't expect further development after the new year.

No bow.

No fishing.

DLC?! Wtf???

New guns and gear.

At least we're getting private servers. Watch they charge like 30$ a month lol

They’re at the very least being transparent about what is realistic in the near future.

How is allowing the community to produce mod support a bad thing? It’s history in games have shown us that it greatly prolongs a game’s lifetime. Hell, on console alone the addition of mod support on Skyrim has proven that.

As far as DLC’s concerned, I’m going to have to refrain from weighing in too heavily, as it’s unclear which direction it would go for a game like DayZ. I’m guessing it’ll be in the form of new maps?

While I agree getting free content would be nice, the company does need a way to produce more revenue once the influx of new players has diminished over time. That’s how business works..

I’ll start complaining if there’s loot boxes or some PTW feature, until then no violins for me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just as this forum Reddit is pissed off. Brian is crying..

50ced0vcqpa31.jpg

7twweiw0apa31.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Haha 4
  • Beans 3

As long as they allow mods for FREE for the consoles i'm a happy man. 

Farming sim is a niche game but have hundreds of mods developed by the PC community and all of them free of charge. 

I hope we pay no more than $15 a month for private servers. I hope these server settings are in:

Server name 

1st/3rd view lock

Password

Kick/ban

Promote admins

Teams (with colored armbands) 

Areas to exclude

Night/day settings

Weather settings 

Number of zombies in areas 

Spawn locations

Excluding items/gear

Thirst/hunger

Vehicle spawn

Edited by bent.toe
  • Confused 1

I'm more than happy for them to focus on Bug fixes & stability for the rest of the year tbh. I'm an Xbox one player & I'd rather they get the game to a place where I can walk/drive through large cities before more mechanics are added that'll bring even more bugs. The games not at a great place to be adding anymore content after this update in my opinion, I too have concerns about the future development cycle also, so don't go thinking i'm completely at ease. DLC wise im hoping its the re-mastered Namalsk map that Sumraks been working on in his own time, I know Chernarus like the back of my hand so It'd be well worth the cash to own a new map, anything less than a new map would be lack lustre for DLC I think. Also the BR mode is fine by me as it was there for the Arma Mods too & was a fan favourite that inspired PUBG so if people want to play it thats cool. All just my humble opinion though & if this update still doesn't wipe out duplication completely then I'll most likely be uninstalling anyway in all honesty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Space7Panda said:

Modding support not included for consoles?

That's a given, especially for Xbox there's zero modding.

9 hours ago, Duck Solo said:

Will this be the only complete wipe we have on Console?

I mean, are you planning to wipe with every big update? or is this a one-off because of the duping issue?

Good question, i think it's because of the latter.

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

The rough explanation is that players can get sick in the game. Most diseases are spread via agents. Agents are what gets transferred from items to items (by liquid transfer), players to players (by coughing, sneezing) and players to items (by consumption). The player's immunity system, if strong enough, kills the agents, otherwise the agent grows and -reaching a certain threshold- will trigger a disease. Agents on items can be cleaned off with appropriate items (water purification, disinfectant, cooking..)

@ImpulZ I'm a graphic designer and somewhat new player — bought the game shortly after 1.0 release. I was hyped about this game for years tho, hoping it would come to console. With that being said, I like the minimalist Icon HUD system; however, in regards to diseases and medicines I'm not familiar which Icon of sickness is which. To help newer players, or less familiar ones with learning how to treat injuries/diseases there should be pop-up tooltips to aid players in learning the user experience design, perhaps an offline tutorial allowing players to learn how to treat injuries/diseases, how to use inventory management, how to navigate, and how to craft. Something that can be accessed in the main menu whenever a player desires, for brand new players it automatically runs the tutorial before placing them on a server. Just my 2 cents for what they worth.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Honestly great news, i always felt like BI needed to focus more on bug fixes & stablizing what we have atm. Though not committing to an advanced medical/injury system is disappointing especially with the explanation given. Apart from that, i really like the direction BI is going as long as this isn't some big excuse to stop adding features & content. Cant wait to hop on 1.04 once its released on console.

Edited by Robzom11

@ImpulZ

Bohemia promised to support DayZ for 5 years after 1.0 with developement. Is this still true? Or can we add this to the long list of promises/features that "sadly" can't be held up.

• Beans 1

I server hop, all the guys I play with do and even though we have collectively never have duped a single thing ever our reason for server hopping is to stay in the daylight. Nighttime play is just not enjoyable...

• Like 1

Another thing:

Why make a new engine that is capable of less then the previous one? One that can't achieve parity? Are we talking incompetence here? Or is Bohemia sick of funneling money into the game and trying to hide that fact behind a veil of impossibility?

Isn't this engine supposed to be used for ArmA 4?

Edited by azimov
  • Like 3
  • Beans 2

What an embarrassment! Announcing DLC while also announcing cuts to previously promised content. Then pathetic claims that the medical system is too complex to describe? How about writing a manual if it's that hard to understand?

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Rather they will be left out it seems.

Edited by Aussie Cleetus