Crowdolskee

CLE Question

I've searched around everywhere and tried to find this answer here, reddit, discord etc etc...but there seems to be contradictory answers. I have a basic understanding of how the CLE works in this game. My question, related to the duping/server hopping issues console is having, is...if there is a set amount of one item for a server, what happens when that maximum amount is in the hands of all the players and/or in stashes? Would more spawn in the world? Do player inventories and stashes count when calculating the max amount of a certain item?

The loot that is interacted with or in players possession doesn't count towards that amount. Duping doesn't even mess with CLE. It works pretty good if I understand it correctly.
Loot cycling on the other hand fcks things up.

I'm not sure it works with spawning of particular items. I think it's more like items of a certain category will spawn if someone had looted an item of that same category earlier. 

Private servers have a much different experience.  The consensus is that stored items are counted against the calls for spawned items.

You could test this by looking up the values for each weapon (I've found them several places recently, like here) and start hoarding all you can find of each type.  Or maybe just focus on the SKS, which should have about thirty per server.

Once you have a fair stockpile of ten or so, you can do the same on a different server, then pick one more server, and find ten more; then migrate all the stashed ones to that same server and see if they've completely stopped spawning.  By this time, you should know pretty well where to look to find a few over the course of a couple hours.

15 hours ago, Go Up said:

The loot that is interacted with or in players possession doesn't count towards that amount. Duping doesn't even mess with CLE. It works pretty good if I understand it correctly.
Loot cycling on the other hand fcks things up.

I'm not sure it works with spawning of particular items. I think it's more like items of a certain category will spawn if someone had looted an item of that same category earlier. 

how does loot cycling screw things up? I've never tried it...never really needed to...but curious