donnyuk78

Handheld transceiver

Afternoon,

do the handheld transceiver actually work in game? 

I always have one but I’ve never heard anyone on the other end. Just curious.

Kind regards

DonnyDanger78

Tried them on several occations and they work. 

We also tried the big field transciever and it also works. 

Unfortunally 90% of the players use party chat. I don’t blame them though.. Otherwise finding a friend would first require both players finding handheld transcievers, batteries and know what channel to be on. Not player friendly at all. 

• Like 1

It works but it's kind of useless unless you are role-playing, you have party chat after all.

They work fine, but there aint a lot of people using them.

I've had most luck on the 1st person-servers as a bit more people tend to roleplay and stay in game-chat there.

The handheld transceiver can transmit in a radius of 5 km, the big field receiver (that you can wear as a backpack) transmits all over the map.

54 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

They work fine, but there aint a lot of people using them.

I've had most luck on the 1st person-servers as a bit more people tend to roleplay and stay in game-chat there.

The handheld transceiver can transmit in a radius of 5 km, the big field receiver (that you can wear as a backpack) transmits all over the map.

Where did you get that range data from. I've had a look around and can't find anything official. I remember a while back someone saying that the range was around 2km?

I read it in several other threads (probably here or on the dayz-forum on reddit) over the time.