leem1981

locked servers

someone told me their will be locked servers in new update personally I smell bull s**t anyone heard anything 

• Haha 1

If it didn’t come directly from BI, I wouldn’t put too much stock into it.

• Like 2

it's. Not going to happen I dunno why this bullshit gets spread constantly but bohemia have Said its not happening

It's not happening, I've had direct confirmation from ImpulZ that servers locks will not be implemented as a way to stop duplication (mainly because it wouldn't stop it) , they have other methods In the works to stop it & other exploits also, that will drop wIth this update or upcoming updates.  as the above have stated don't believe anything unless it's directly stated by Bohemia & you can be linked straight to it. 

• Like 1

A quick 1.04 update: we will carry out a complete server and character wipe, and will introduce private servers. Also, this update will address some of the current most troublesome issues in the game – duping, server hopping, and frame rates.

well their is the word from them lol 

Technically private servers will be locked, well character locked anyway & hopefully there's the option to apply passwords to servers too. I should imagine it'll be a monthly fee to hire a server though.

8 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Technically private servers will be locked, well character locked anyway & hopefully there's the option to apply passwords to servers too. I should imagine it'll be a monthly fee to hire a server though.

I hope they allow us to use a second Xbox as the hosting server, much like how Ark does it. 

@ImpulZ

Edited by Nayte
Adding cm
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I hope they allow us to use a second Xbox as the hosting server, much like how Ark does it. 

@ImpulZ

I doubt it dude, they've previously stated that they'd need to find the right server provider & come up with a good way to control server settings for users before releasing. This would lead me to believe that you wont be able to run servers from a second Xbox & that it'll be a monthly payment deal of some kind.