megagoth1702

Are cars simulated SERVER-SIDE?

Do you also feel like cars are being handled server-side which leads to laggy behaviour?

To me it seems that cars are "simulated server side". They wait for my input and then get simulated on the server.

Problem with that is - with LC-lers filling the server with crazy amounts of loot the server performance goes down.

One of the NL HC servers (3664734) gets so laggy when full (60ppl) that not only zombies & players lag around - I crashed a perfectly fine car in 1st gear and 10km/h because it suddenly jumped forward into a sign and radiator broke. After 1hr replacing the radiator (and filling it with water by using 2 bottles and 1 canteen) it jumped again into a rock on a curve. I was nowhere near that rock! Seems like interpolation projected me more forward and "crashed" into the rock.

Anyway man. I understand cars are server-side so they can persist etc. but does the driving really have to be server-side? I would like it to behave like in other games. The vehicle is client side and the data gets propagated to the server & players.

In DayZ offline singleplayer mode cars behave PERFECTLY, but on servers I've lost 2 cars so far to lag.

• Like 1

Yes. It's simulated server-side. A lot of stuff depends on the server in this game.

Heavy days of the driver, oh. I also suffered a lot from car crashes. Very long and hard to collect cars and so easy to lose. Need a new mechanic save cars.