Sign in to follow this  
Svarten

Problem with DayZ.cfg, or lack there of

DayZ isn't creating a DayZ.cfg file when I run it... I tried removing the DayZ folder under Documents and that one is recreated fine and populated with stats.DayZ.json, Svarten.core.xml and Svarten.dayz_preset_User.xml, but no DayZ.cfg. (so no problem with permissions).

This is a bit of an issue since I can't change resolution on my game window (I have a ultra wide 5120x1440 monitor, but want to run a single window in the middle).

Is there any debug information I can look at to find out what's going on?

The in-game resolution selector only give me 2 options: 5120x1440 or 3840x1080, nothing else so I'm kind stuck here...

/Svarten

1 hour ago, Svarten said:

DayZ isn't creating a DayZ.cfg file when I run it... I tried removing the DayZ folder under Documents and that one is recreated fine and populated with stats.DayZ.json, Svarten.core.xml and Svarten.dayz_preset_User.xml, but no DayZ.cfg. (so no problem with permissions).

This is a bit of an issue since I can't change resolution on my game window (I have a ultra wide 5120x1440 monitor, but want to run a single window in the middle).

Is there any debug information I can look at to find out what's going on?

The in-game resolution selector only give me 2 options: 5120x1440 or 3840x1080, nothing else so I'm kind stuck here...

/Svarten

create one then
https://pastebin.com/cfCuAA0A

22 minutes ago, Svarten said:

Already tried that, it does not seem to be read ether so...

how about dayzsetting.xml in game folder?

Interestingly enough I don't have any file with that name anyware on my computer 🙂

1 hour ago, Svarten said:

Interestingly enough I don't have any file with that name anyware on my computer 🙂

mine one - https://pastebin.com/42Mkhndi
steamapps/common/dayz
DayZSetting.xml is the name of file(put it in there alongside dayz_x64.exe)

btw have you tried to verify the game files on steam?

Edited by TheSzepy