Sign in to follow this  
halvars90

Assault rifles on official servers

I have been playing this game a lott the last five days ( vacation time :D ) and I have been to all the bases several times and all weapons that spawns are MP5, FX45 and SKS, no assault rifles. I did get one M4A1 but that only to a helicopter spawn. Outside of that I have never seen one, not even on players, kinda makes me a lion amongst sheep really, but it is boring.

I think the loot economy needs to be reworked, because I think that the problem is that one or two group manages to find let's say all 40 (or so) AK's (or KA in your game) and that's the only ones that can exist on a server (or hive), and that group hides them in boxes buried in the ground, it's pretty much impossible for other other people to find them, especially if they can transfer them to a new server in the same hive(?). 

So whats up, why are they not spawning?

5 minutes ago, halvars90 said:

I have been playing this game a lott the last five days ( vacation time :D ) and I have been to all the bases several times and all weapons that spawns are MP5, FX45 and SKS, no assault rifles. I did get one M4A1 but that only to a helicopter spawn. Outside of that I have never seen one, not even on players, kinda makes me a lion amongst sheep really, but it is boring.

I think the loot economy needs to be reworked, because I think that the problem is that one or two group manages to find let's say all 40 (or so) AK's (or KA in your game) and that's the only ones that can exist on a server (or hive), and that group hides them in boxes buried in the ground, it's pretty much impossible for other other people to find them, especially if they can transfer them to a new server in the same hive(?). 

So whats up, why are they not spawning?

I don't know, perhaps there is an issue with the current patch regarding ARs, but this is not how the loot economy works.  If a player(s) loots all the M4s for example, that doesn't mean M4s will no longer spawn.  Each item has a "nominal" value associated with it, along with a "min (minimum)" value relating to how many should be present in loot spots around the map.  These values are not related to how many are present in player inventories.  If the CE checks and sees Lootable M4s = 0, it should be prioritizing this to the top of the list of things to spawn.  The issue could be that other weapons also are equal to zero (or below their min values) and are taking priority over the M4.

If there are none there currently, there should eventually be the min amount of them present, regardless of how many of them have been looted.

As an aside, did you also swim to either of the islands?  There is some good loot over there usually as most people don't bother swimming across anymore, I don't believe.

Oh okay thank you for the explanation! But still I don't understand why the do not spawn, it's been a couple of  days and many hours playing. I have not been on the Island but on all bases from Balota to Tisy and east to Troitskoe and surrounding areas. I don't think I will bother with the swim to check that out, not until I see weapons spawn normally at least. This game need a boat.

I suspect the CLE is a bit broken about this. It is possible that stashed guns are contributing to non-spawns.

Some clarity from the devs/mods here would be helpful please.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

I don't know, perhaps there is an issue with the current patch regarding ARs, but this is not how the loot economy works.  If a player(s) loots all the M4s for example, that doesn't mean M4s will no longer spawn.  Each item has a "nominal" value associated with it, along with a "min (minimum)" value relating to how many should be present in loot spots around the map.  These values are not related to how many are present in player inventories.  If the CE checks and sees Lootable M4s = 0, it should be prioritizing this to the top of the list of things to spawn.  The issue could be that other weapons also are equal to zero (or below their min values) and are taking priority over the M4.

If there are none there currently, there should eventually be the min amount of them present, regardless of how many of them have been looted.

As an aside, did you also swim to either of the islands?  There is some good loot over there usually as most people don't bother swimming across anymore, I don't believe.

the prison island is only a tier 1 tier 2 location. Only civilian or police guns spawn on skalisty. The M4/AKM is a tier 3 or 4 location spawn

VQ9laXp.png

From what I understand, the nominal is the max allowed. It doesnt care about other weapons. For a location, it will have multiple items allocated to spawn through that point. Priority must be set somehow . ..  The flags give you where the system counts. So for the M4, nominal 10. flags to count are in map, in hoarder (dont know what this is) and in cargo (tents, cars etc). So if there are 10 flags set, no more will spawn. Interestingly, it doesnt count those carried by the player for the M4.

3 minutes ago, aux7 said:

the prison island is only a tier 1 tier 2 location.

It is?  Since when?

I haven't done the swim myself in a while, but last time I was there, there were military barrack buildings on the Prison Island, which is considered a Tier 3 location, is it not?  Are those barracks no longer there?

1 minute ago, drgullen said:

It is?  Since when?

I haven't done the swim myself in a while, but last time I was there, there were military barrack buildings on the Prison Island, which is considered a Tier 3 location, is it not?  Are those barracks no longer there?

I do the swim fairly regularly, to both islands. Its quieter

The barracks are still there, four in total, One in the western island in the prison compound (showers and rooms) and three on the eastern island (just rooms). A military prison/camo building and a police guardhouse also on the eastern island. But I only ever see pistols, sg5s, skorpions and umps there, ergo tier 1/2. I have never seen an SKS there which is tier 2/3.

There was a DayZ video which showed the tiering structure on the map, last year.

Hello !

I have been playing with the CLE (CE) for quite a while now and this is what I'm understanding from this system :

• Type => Classname of the item
    • nominal => maximum quantity of this item in the map. If the max is topped this item is no longer going to spawn
    • lifetime => lenght of time before the item despawn
    • restock => cooldown before a item can "respawn"
    • min => the minimum quantity of this specific item that NEED to be in the map
    • quantmin and quantmax => used for the quantity of a fluid. For example how much a bottle can be filled by water
    • cost => I don't know, everything have a value of 100 and I saw no changes by tweaking this value
    • flags => where and when this item should be counted as "spawned". If you want all the Ak(s) to spawn forever without any permanent maximum you should set everything to 0 expect "count_in_map" to 1.
    • the rest of the tags are used to specified what is the item and where it should spawn. You can also specified if the item need to spawn onto shelves for example.
47 minutes ago, drgullen said:

It is?  Since when?

Prison is classified as tier 2

Chernogorsk have on the back of the police station a tier 2 and tier 3 area as well 😉

Zelenogorsk is tier 3

1 hour ago, Mookie (original) said:

I suspect the CLE is a bit broken about this. It is possible that stashed guns are contributing to non-spawns.

Some clarity from the devs/mods here would be helpful please.

Currently the CLE is configured to prevent abusive looting. Any guns (like the M4) are detected inside the map, cargos and hoard. In short you can have only 10 M4 in the server IF none of them are inside the survivors hands or equipement but I need to check about that tho...

Edited by Lt.Master

22 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

Prison is classified as tier 2

Chernogorsk have on the back of the police station a tier 2 and tier 3 area as well 😉

Zelenogorsk is tier 3

Ok, my bad in that case.  I might have been on some type of modded server last time I was on Prison Island as I found an SVD in one of the barrack floors.

It would be nice if we had an updated official Tier loot map.  For example, you say Zelenogorsk is Tier 3, but this video claims it's Tier 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjshGqwe_nY

16 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Ok, my bad in that case.  I might have been on some type of modded server last time I was on Prison Island as I found an SVD in one of the barrack floors.

It would be nice if we had an updated official Tier loot map.  For example, you say Zelenogorsk is Tier 3, but this video claims it's Tier 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjshGqwe_nY

You can use the CE editor from the dayz tools to see by yourself if you want but you need to look on google to get the configured files however 😅

I just did another two and a half hour loot run in the north and nothing but SKS, man this feels depressing, I had started to work up a decent stash, all that I needed was the weapons. Will have to start playing on modded servers now I think.

The server in question is NL 3664734 HC, maybe some devs can have a look on it?

5.30 AM now, I'm out to bed xD

7 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

You can use the CE editor from the dayz tools to see by yourself if you want but you need to look on google to get the configured files however 😅

do you have a link to something on how to get that to work?

2 hours ago, halvars90 said:

I just did another two and a half hour loot run in the north and nothing but SKS, man this feels depressing, I had started to work up a decent stash, all that I needed was the weapons. Will have to start playing on modded servers now I think.

SKS', SG5's and UMP's are the new main weapons . . . with the Mosin, Tundra, and 527 if you want a sniper. Saying that, the shotgun is great for one shot dropping zombies at short range .. . . if a bit loud and its absolutely everywhere

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

do you have a link to something on how to get that to work?

If you want I can write a complete guide on the forum next week to explain how to set up the CE editor, tweak the values and apply the changes 🙂

But no I don't have any links ^^'

5 hours ago, halvars90 said:

The server in question is NL 3664734 HC, maybe some devs can have a look on it?

5.30 AM now, I'm out to bed xD

Seems normal to me, this is how the CLE should work. The goal of the CLE is the same with the game Rust. Not enough items for everyone 😉

If you can't find any ak/m4 it's because they have been looted by someone else and the server doesn't have any of them in stock. It's not a issue, this is how CLE work 🙂

1 hour ago, Lt.Master said:

Seems normal to me, this is how the CLE should work. The goal of the CLE is the same with the game Rust. Not enough items for everyone 😉

If you can't find any ak/m4 it's because they have been looted by someone else and the server doesn't have any of them in stock. It's not a issue, this is how CLE work 🙂

But nah man I don't agree, I have about 40 hours on the server and I have like I said never seen any assault rifle (except the one I have in my hands from helicopter spawn). I absolutely believe that if you go on raid after raid on Tisy and NWAF you should get something especially after all this time. Anyway NL 3664734 HC is dead to me now.

18 minutes ago, halvars90 said:

But nah man I don't agree, I have about 40 hours on the server and I have like I said never seen any assault rifle (except the one I have in my hands from helicopter spawn). I absolutely believe that if you go on raid after raid on Tisy and NWAF you should get something especially after all this time. Anyway NL 3664734 HC is dead to me now.

The CLE is like the sales. If you come late, you will miss all the good deals. It's the same issue here. The only solution is to loot the helicopter crash site if you want good guns.

This issue should fix itself with time, with each updates we are getting new guns adding more "deals", meaning more time before all the "deals" runs out.

However the real issue is something else, and this issue is going to be adressed with the next update if everything goes to plan 🙂

All I can do is to show you this video explaining how Dayz MOD was doing and this is exactly the same idea for dayz standalone 😉

Indeed issues are killing the loot and the devs are working on it don't worry 🙂