Sign in to follow this  
NinjaX155

[PC] Amibent Occulsion is tanking my frames after the patch

Played on high Amibent Occulsion setting yesterday with 60 fps but after the patch my fps tanked from 60 to 20

28 minutes ago, NinjaX155 said:

Played on high Amibent Occulsion setting yesterday with 60 fps but after the patch my fps tanked from 60 to 20

Did you try deleting the My Documents\DayZ folder to allow the system to create a new one?  That sometimes fixes graphical/FPS issues.

44 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Did you try deleting the My Documents\DayZ folder to allow the system to create a new one?  That sometimes fixes graphical/FPS issues.

Alot of people are having this issue to. I tried that and it didnt work 😕

i too have noticed a hit to my frames...

i did not try and delete that folder though...do i delete the folder itself or just the contents of the folder?  and this is the one in "Documents" correct? 

Windows 10 64bit with latest Nvidia drivers on a 1070, i7 6700k 4.0ghz, 16 GB RAM.

i can usually run on extreme and rarely dip into the 50fps in some spots, but now its 45-50fps.  most of the time i'm still above or well above 60fps

Edited by mjf6866

3 minutes ago, mjf6866 said:

this is the one in "Documents" correct?

Correct -- this will reset your keybinds and audio/video settings back to default in case you've changed any of them, so be aware that you'll have to configure those again.

You might as well delete the AppData folder while you're at it as it may or may not have something to do with it, which is located at /Users/{your Windows username}/AppData/Local/DayZ.

In each case, with DayZ and Steam not running, delete the entire folder.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

Correct -- this will reset your keybinds and audio/video settings back to default in case you've changed any of them, so be aware that you'll have to configure those again.

You might as well delete the AppData folder while you're at it as it may or may not have something to do with it, which is located at /Users/{your Windows username}/AppData/Local/DayZ.

In each case, with DayZ and Steam not running, delete the entire folder.

gotcha, thanks for the info!

Thanks for the thread! I was wondering why my FPS became so shitty and lowered everything except for post-processing stuff, because that usually does not eat up lots of FPS. But yeah, I went from 25 to 40 again without AmbientOcclusion, thanks! :D 

+20 frames without it. what numbers you guys get on extreme setting and what are your pc specs?