Sign in to follow this  
Check0rBet

We are desperately in need of VAULTING

It really sticks out like a sore thumb when your players struggles to jump over a two-foot high fence, but a raging zombie can pretty much clear a house... Literally, because from time to time zombies appear on top of buildings. I know it's a glitch, but... we are at a serious disadvantage.

Zombies clear high fencing all the time. And they have a vaulting animation! Why didn't our characters get a VAULTING animation like zombies? 

Think the reason is, allowing higher jumps would break the Blocking mechanism of a lot of Buildings, fences and bases as well.

So it would mean to rework first all Maps available to ensure this is not causing new issues or becomes a game breaker.

So I think it is unlikely we see this happen.

But if it is thought about, please add climbing and following a whire by hanging on it with hands and so on, as well please.

• Like 1

Vaulting and climbing is on the to-do-list. Not sure when it arrives, but I would not be surprised if it comes with one of the next patches.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2019 at 7:21 AM, CPUTestUnit said:

Think the reason is, allowing higher jumps would break the Blocking mechanism of a lot of Buildings, fences and bases as well.

So it would mean to rework first all Maps available to ensure this is not causing new issues or becomes a game breaker.

So I think it is unlikely we see this happen.

But if it is thought about, please add climbing and following a whire by hanging on it with hands and so on, as well please.

But again, the zombies having a vaulting animation hasn't broken the game. At least let us be able to do what the zombies can do.

4 hours ago, Check0rBet said:

But again, the zombies having a vaulting animation hasn't broken the game. At least let us be able to do what the zombies can do.

Sure but they dont use a human brain to get the max out of the situation and so they will not use such a mechanic to take ways not accepted and similar.

If you open up somehting you need to expect that everything possible is done with it.

Players always try everything possible and it is good they do but so it importand all this Tests are done before something major is changed to avoid producing just another glitch possibility or similar.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, amadieus said:

Vaulting and climbing is on the to-do-list. Not sure when it arrives, but I would not be surprised if it comes with one of the next patches.

Is it clear what this will mean in detail?

I would expect possibly more thinks to do with a rope or are high jumps or similar planned as well?

Do you have details? 

• Like 1