Fuze95

How to increase animals on the server by using CEeditor or other method?

How to spawn animals into a specific location and increase animal population? I tried using CEeditor and replacing "env" files in mpmissions folder (DayZ Server). Also updated events.xml file. But nothing happen. same method worked for zombies but not for the animals. Please Help!

I am not 100% sure but in your type.xml you can find the animals and maybe up it there. 

Am still kinda new but hope this helps.

<type name="Animal_BosTaurusF_White">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <lifetime>1800</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>0</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
    </type>

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kidesh said:

I am not 100% sure but in your type.xml you can find the animals and maybe up it there. 

Am still kinda new but hope this helps.

<type name="Animal_BosTaurusF_White">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <lifetime>1800</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>0</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
    </type>

Thanks for the reply! But still not working.. There are so many files mentioning about animals. I don't no which one to edit to get animals on the server. so sad...

Don't forget to change the animal max count  <var name="AnimalMaxCount" type="0" value="200"/> in the globals.xml

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MetalHead2112 said:

Don't forget to change the animal max count  <var name="AnimalMaxCount" type="0" value="200"/> in the globals.xml

Yes. I  have changed it to <var name="AnimalMaxCount" type="0" value="9999"/>.

@Fuze95 Have you tried increasing the SpawnInitial value in globals.xml as well?  What do you have that set to?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drgullen said:

@Fuze95 Have you tried increasing the SpawnInitial value in globals.xml as well?  What do you have that set to?

<var name="SpawnInitial" type="0" value="1200"/>

Hello @Fuze95 🙂

1. Inside you mission folder, open the folder "db"
  2. Open the file "events.xml"
  3. Look for <event name="AnimalNameOfTheAnimalHere">
  4. Change the nominal value to something higher
  5. tweak and min and max value (size of the herd)
  6. inside the <children> you have a some "child". Tweak as well the min and max value

1. Now open the "globals.xml"
  2. Tweak the "AnimalMaxCount" to a higher value

The Env folder is not meant to tweak the number of animals in the server by the way and the "types.xml" won't change anything as well 😛

Edited by Lt.Master
missing word
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fuze95 said:

<var name="SpawnInitial" type="0" value="1200"/>

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you need to increase this value as well.  Defaults are 1000 infected and 200 animals equals 1200, so I would try increasing this number much higher to see if it makes a difference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Hello @Fuze95 🙂

1. Inside you mission folder, open the folder "db"
  2. Open the file "events.xml"
  3. Look for <event name="AnimalNameOfTheAnimalHere">
  4. Change the nominal value to something higher
  5. tweak and min and max value (size of the herd)
  6. inside the <children> you have a some "child". Tweak as well the min and max value

1. Now open the "globals.xml"
  2. Tweak the "AnimalMaxCount" to a value

The Env folder is not meant to tweak the number of animals in the server by the way and the "types.xml" won't change anything as well 😛

It finally worked.. Thank you so much. BTW do you know how to spawn animals into a specific location? For example, If i want to make a farm, can i spawn cattle, pigs, hen or other animal into a building or into a base?

49 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you need to increase this value as well.  Defaults are 1000 infected and 200 animals equals 1200, so I would try increasing this number much higher to see if it makes a difference.

I'll try. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Fuze95 said:

It finally worked.. Thank you so much. BTW do you know how to spawn animals into a specific location? For example, If i want to make a farm, can i spawn cattle, pigs, hen or other animal into a building or into a base?

I think I will start to write a complete guide for the CE Editor next week. Including removing/adding spawn location for players/infected/animals 🙂

It's not that easy to explain how to use a tool when you only have your phone x')

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lt.Master said:

I think I will start to write a complete guide for the CE Editor next week. Including removing/adding spawn location for players/infected/animals 🙂

It's not that easy to explain how to use a tool when you only have your phone x')

Thanks for your support. looking forward to see the CE editor guide. Thanks in advance! 😍

Edited by Fuze95
spelling mistake