ImpulZ

Survivor GameZ - Alpha Keys now available!

Redditors knew we've been working on it: The Survivor GameZ, an enhanced PvP experience for DayZ players. Our first Alpha test is just around the corner.

Request your free key: dayz.com/sg-alpha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Looks a lot of fun! Request made :) 

• Like 1

that’s cute, how about actually finishing dayz first? 6 years was not enough?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

How about you just work on actual game. Dlc or whatever you would call it is for finished games.

Good to see resources are well spend. Rip original vision of dayz. 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

I have to say I agree with the comments here.  "Survivor GameZ" should really have been the end-game celebration of a completely finished DayZ -- a DayZ that includes all the things that are still missing, like vaulting, like broken bones, like a bow and arrow, not to mention all the remaining guns and vehicles still absent.

If you read between the lines of that tweet, this is going to be an attempt to milk some more cash out of DayZ -- sure, it's free for now, but it will undoubtedly be something you'll have to purchase down the road, either as DLC or as its own game.

It's like getting three-quarters of the way through a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle and then saying screw it and starting to work on a 500-piece puzzle instead.  I'll gladly pay money for "Survivor GameZ" but give us a finished DayZ first ffs!

• Beans 2

Don't give a damm about battleroyald, but if V3S will be there, so she comes in 1.05 to DayZ 🤔 what else? More gunzzz? 

I've never been into BR games. Survivor GameZ were interesting events to watch in the mod but not really any gameplay value for me. To be honest I haven't even watched much any other BR games on Twitch/Youtube other than those few SGZ.

This was 100% coming, that's for sure. Would be just nice to also have the survival game part even close to decent.

Just interested will this even use the zombies? At least the area should be small so could focus all the 1000 zombies in the zones. Could also come up with some different ideas from those big BR games and not do exact same gamemode. Just having them zombies actually would already make SGZ different.

So this is now live and there's been no mention of it here on the forums, which is odd to say the least.  I did see the tweets about it, but if we have issues with this, where are we to report them?  This thread?  The bug tracker?

Isn't this worthy of some type of announcement here on the forum?  "Survivor GameZ Alpha Now Live -- Post Your Issues {insert link here}" -- something like that?

You folks and your never-ending communication issues just baffles me.

Edited by drgullen
typo
  • Beans 1

Y'all just as bad as pubg corp!

Fix your damn "CORE" game and quit wasting time and resources with stupid crap NOBODY is asking for. With the way both you and bluehole/pubg corp do things, its no surprise people quit playing your games. Don't expect bullshit addons to retain players or bring players back to a UNFINISHED AND BROKEN game.

That said i love both titles but for gods sake how can you not understand that?

• Beans 1

On 7/9/2019 at 7:35 PM, TheSzepy said:

that’s cute, how about actually finishing dayz first? 6 years was not enough?

On 7/9/2019 at 10:30 PM, McWendy said:

How about you just work on actual game. Dlc or whatever you would call it is for finished games.

Good to see resources are well spend. Rip original vision of dayz. 

On 7/10/2019 at 5:45 AM, drgullen said:

I have to say I agree with the comments here.  "Survivor GameZ" should really have been the end-game celebration of a completely finished DayZ -- a DayZ that includes all the things that are still missing, like vaulting, like broken bones, like a bow and arrow, not to mention all the remaining guns and vehicles still absent.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Lol wtf ? Work on your damn base game that you havent even finished yet maybe ? God this disgusts me .

On 7/23/2019 at 1:02 AM, Scooter2shoes said:

Fix your damn "CORE" game and quit wasting time and resources with stupid crap NOBODY is asking for.

It really shouldn't be me doing this, but just so you guys are assured I'm going to link these tweets to clear things up:

And a statement from one of the discord Admins:

Marek Zilavy: for now, there is no official statement, but I know, this is a sensitive matter, so here are the facts: - core SG team is 10 people (+/-2 according circumstances) - we are a separate team, so our work doesn't impact work on DayZ - there were actually moments, where we were helping the DayZ team, so it's not like SG drains resources form DayZ, if necessary we help DayZ team

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

All you've done here Freerider is emphasize the point trying to be made.

I would much rather have had those 10 people assigned to helping DayZ get as close to feature-complete as possible than isolating them to create a mode that most people could care less about.  There is already a plethora of BR games out there -- the last thing we needed was another one, especially one as clunky-looking as this thing is so far.  I know, I know, it's early Alpha, which means we're maybe 6 to 12 months away from the finished product for this mode.  Again, that's 6 to 12 months that would have been better spent working on finishing DayZ the right way.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

51 minutes ago, drgullen said:

All you've done here Freerider is emphasize the point trying to be made.

I would much rather have had those 10 people assigned to helping DayZ get as close to feature-complete as possible than isolating them to create a mode that most people could care less about.  There is already a plethora of BR games out there -- the last thing we needed was another one, especially one as clunky-looking as this thing is so far.  I know, I know, it's early Alpha, which means we're maybe 6 to 12 months away from the finished product for this mode.  Again, that's 6 to 12 months that would have been better spent working on finishing DayZ the right way.

Yeah, I don't know if these people are being paid, given the "weekend project". If they are in fact not paid, then it would be hard to argue the money, that is not being paid, could have been put into actual DayZ. If they are however being paid by Bohemia, then I agree with you, as long as there are open positions in the dev team, they could actually make use of and properly allocate new people to. But I doubt they would have called it a weekend project if they were indeed paid.

51 minutes ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Yeah, I don't know if these people are being paid, given the "weekend project". If they are in fact not paid, then it would be hard to argue the money, that is not being paid, could have been put into actual DayZ. If they are however being paid by Bohemia, then I agree with you, as long as there are open positions in the dev team, they could actually make use of and properly allocate new people to. But I doubt they would have called it a weekend project if they were indeed paid.

I certainly hope they are being paid -- seems like a pretty big project to expect people to do for free.  I think "weekend project" is perhaps a euphemism for when they have time in addition to the other things they're working on.

The bottom line for me is this:  If you go back to the Status Report of November 6, 2018, Eugen had a list of questions and answers that he posted relating to the unrest that people were feeling at that time over the fact that they were going to push 1.0 out the door before the end of the year even though it felt far from ready to go.  One of the questions on that list was this:

Is there any team restructuring going on after the 1.0 release? Are DayZ developers going to be assigned to other teams at Bohemia?

The answer posted was this:

No, we are keeping the same resources as we had this year for the year ahead. To be precise, it's 86 people working on DayZ right now.

Clearly, this is no longer the case and that tweet you quoted leads me to think that the 10 people working on Survivor GameZ came from these 86.

It makes me wonder how many people are actually still assigned to DayZ itself -- feels like a hell of a lot less than 86 to me.

Dammit I cant comment much on this cos I never got a alpha key,... snaps nearest pencil. 🙊

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

1 hour ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Dammit I cant comment much on this cos I never got a alpha key,... snaps nearest pencil. 🙊

Make sure to have registered (if you still haven't done it) your email adress to get a chance to get a free cd key for the next key drops 😉

14 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

Make sure to have registered (if you still haven't done it) your email adress to get a chance to get a free cd key for the next key drops 😉

Yea I submitted my email 2 weeks or more ago, but sadly never got any key as of yet.

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

I certainly hope they are being paid -- seems like a pretty big project to expect people to do for free.  I think "weekend project" is perhaps a euphemism for when they have time in addition to the other things they're working on.

The bottom line for me is this:  If you go back to the Status Report of November 6, 2018, Eugen had a list of questions and answers that he posted relating to the unrest that people were feeling at that time over the fact that they were going to push 1.0 out the door before the end of the year even though it felt far from ready to go.  One of the questions on that list was this:

Is there any team restructuring going on after the 1.0 release? Are DayZ developers going to be assigned to other teams at Bohemia?

The answer posted was this:

No, we are keeping the same resources as we had this year for the year ahead. To be precise, it's 86 people working on DayZ right now.

Clearly, this is no longer the case and that tweet you quoted leads me to think that the 10 people working on Survivor GameZ came from these 86.

It makes me wonder how many people are actually still assigned to DayZ itself -- feels like a hell of a lot less than 86 to me.

I am very familiar with the statements of that critical point in time. And I'm absolutely with you when it comes to scepticism. They haven't said otherwise since speaking of those 86 that I would know of, so we don't know. Now the second post says: "Some of the old Bohemia devs, who were involved with DayZ" so that could mean, they left the core dev team before your quoted statement or after, again we don't know. It would be great to get an update and an official statement by the devs regarding this, as it is always reassuring.

I don't know if you have seen this, but I found Toms recent post to be at least somewhat reassuring as it contained some more juicy and clear statements.

I'm going to ask ImpulZ where the best place is, to direct questions at the dev-team.

Hey ! The annoucement didn't make it to the forum so here you go folks 🙂

PLAY OF THE WEEKEND

For now, the game does not have the stability to handle a mini-tournament, but that doesn't mean we can't have some competitive fun! This is why we are starting the PLAY OF THE WEEKEND competition.

Rules are simple:

• Make and record an epic or funny play.
  • Submit the video to the #video-submission channel here on our Discord.
  • You can submit your videos until Sunday midnight EST.
  • The community will vote for the best video and the top 3 submissions will receive a couple of keys for their friends:

1st - 10 keys*

2nd - 5 keys*

3rd- 3 keys*

If this format is popular, we can expand it in the future with more prizes.

* Keys for the Survivor GameZ DLC only

let's see what happens . I personally do not see anything wrong with this mode. But I'm a little sad, because I think that this human's watch could be spent on polishing the main game. I personally really wish DayZ prosperity. 

• Beans 1

I can't understand how I haven't received the key yet, I have sent 5 letters, but haven't arrived yet, I already ask for 2 waves, that is, 10k keys have already been sent, why haven't I received? I tied up the mail when the test just started ... it's not normal and not cool