MaximusDickus

Pulling out gun locks you to FPV

I see this mod is a thing on some PC servers, cool idea.  I would love to this be a thing on the console too.

• Like 1

Just play first person servers.

If you are playing 3rd person you are doing it wrong

41 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

If you are playing 3rd person you are doing it wrong

People like 3rd person, nothing wrong with it. 3rd person is arguably the ‘iconic’ DayZ perspective.

3rd person is awful in my opinion as the gunplay is mostly. Prefiring corners or proning on rooftops and peeking and if someone knows someone else is around they will 3rd person peak for as long as it takes. Yet if that's what you wanna do go right ahead everyone likes different things. The fpp camera lock when a gun is drawn wouldn't work very well as people will always stay in twos so one person can peek

• Beans 1

Personally I love and prefer 1st person a lot more then 3rd person, but as most of my mates don't want to do I am usually stuck on 3rd person with them.

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

People like 3rd person, nothing wrong with it. 3rd person is arguably the ‘iconic’ DayZ perspective.

Something is just wrong about a hardcore survival sim where you have an invisible drone you use to  peak around corners whenever you are in a gunfight

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Game came with option of third person, if you don't like it play in first or in a first person only. Simple solution to a stupid whine.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Does anyone even know why 3rd person was added? Does anyone wonder if that question has ever been asked?

Well I gather that Dean Hall added it because of the way the eye works and peripheral vision. Anyone that thinks fpp is totally realistic is deluded. It doesn't simulate how we see. We see in wide angle and the fov in fpp is nowhere near how we see. But again a it comes down to simple choice. Some people feel the immersion is spoilt in 3pp. I agree. I play on 3pp servers though 90% of the time I'm on fpp. But it's already been said, you can play on fpp servers if you want. What's the issue, let people play however they want. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Exactly 

I’ve actually been playing on The Red Zone who use this exact mod, and it works very well. My personal preference is first person, too. But we all like different things. That’s why we have a choice of servers, people!