smudgegard

It's hard to name a more broken game

I love this game but damn its an absolute broken mess. I am not talking about duping or all that other stuff, I am talking the general functionality of it.

Why can't my buddy pick up the things I drop for him?
Why can't I see the light coming from the flare that my buddy is holding?
Why, when I am holding a Mosin, to my buddy it looks like a water bottle lol
Why can't I scope in, using a Mosin and a PU scope I hold LT, press R3 to iron sight and then tap right DPad to ADS but it won't ADS, it's just stuck on iron sight? Now I am sure I am doing it correctly, please correct if I am wrong, but I was doing it yesterday just fine.
Why is there footstep audio when I shift my character in the slightest way when crouched?
and on and on it can go...

Now I have only been playing for a like a week.

Why is that freakin bird so loud!

Edited by Zalic

On 7/6/2019 at 8:13 PM, smudgegard said:

l

Why can't I scope in, using a Mosin and a PU scope I hold LT, press R3 to iron sight and then tap right DPad to ADS but it won't ADS, it's just stuck on iron sight? 
Why is there footstep audio when I shift my character in the slightest way when crouched?

Try hold right on dpad.

Use free look (LB) to just look around instead of spinning around because that makes your feet move. If your feet move you make noise standing or crouching.

@smudgegard I can't say I've had any of the issues you mention other than the footsteps (working as intended) and that yes, the duping is an issue. Some of the other things you mention could be down to latency issues or maybe a bad server near a heavy dupe village? Hopefully next patch will fix duping or at least make it very difficult.

Worth sticking with the game though. Nothing else comes close to it in terms of survival games. 

Oh, and I can think of plenty games more broken than this! 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 7:13 PM, smudgegard said:

I love this game but damn its an absolute broken mess. I am not talking about duping or all that other stuff, I am talking the general functionality of it.

Why can't my buddy pick up the things I drop for him?
Why can't I see the light coming from the flare that my buddy is holding?
Why, when I am holding a Mosin, to my buddy it looks like a water bottle lol
Why can't I scope in, using a Mosin and a PU scope I hold LT, press R3 to iron sight and then tap right DPad to ADS but it won't ADS, it's just stuck on iron sight? Now I am sure I am doing it correctly, please correct if I am wrong, but I was doing it yesterday just fine.

Now I have only been playing for a like a week.

what do you mean.. DAYZ is Esports ready my guy 

It’s hard to name a more broken game? Please, go to youtube, type in BigFry, and watch pretty much any and all of his videos from probably the last year or so. You’ll find plenty of games that are more shit than DayZ. 

Some aspects of it might be able to be considered as broken, but its still the most thrilling game out there and if it weren't also really good and addictive we would not be complaining about it.

Ups and downs. 🙂